News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Nameday Celebration Preperation

Started by Matthias720, August 16, 2011, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Alrighty. We have a Nameday coming up tomorrow, and we have a lot of work to do. As with any Redwall feast, we need helpers to prepare food, someone to set tables for the feast, someone to wash dibbuns, etc...

If you can help out while we prepare, please post here what you want do. Jobs are first come first serve. And while you work, feel free to discuss the upcoming festivities, and try to figure out who will be chosen to name the next season.

Happy (almost) Nameday!
Matthias720

Icefire

Um....ok. I'll help prepare food! I'm willing to make a big cake......I think. I don't think I really get what's going on, but I like making cakes!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Gonff

I'll also help with the food and pick flowers for the tables.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Skalrag of Marshank

How does this work? Is it like an RPing event or what?
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Getting in the way in the kitchens is your best bet, things are bustiest there. Just don't get in the way of the food-making.

I'll play VI2 and shoot vermin in a Nameday Parade. That's themed to the event, right?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lily

I volunteer to keep an eye on the dibbuns.

I'm pretty excited about our first nameday! Who do you think will be chosen to name the season?

Gonff

I was wondering that too. And at the moment I am picking wildflowers.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah hope tha' the beaverz dinnae interfere...

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Skalrag of Marshank

I shall...uh...make seat cards so everyone know's where to sit...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwall Musician

I'm teaching the Dibbun a new song to sing. I'll be playing my violin for them

*turns to the dibbuns*

I'm the Musician here. So stop trying to teach yourselves how to sing. Ready now:

We see the sunshine out in the rain,
We hope it will never come again.
We will be very happy,
When we return to Redwall Abbey

The sorrowful days are gone,
The battle is over, the quest is done,
So joy to you, and to me,
When we return to Redwall Abbey.

Though down comes the snow,
We are all happy to know,
This sunset is beautiful to see,
Now that we've returned to Redwall Abbey

*dibbun tugs at Musicians dress "We ain't retuning to Redwall Abbey. We've been here the whole time" says the dibbun*

Use your imagination and pretend your retuning to Redwall

*dibbun says "Why don't we do a different song?"*

Fine! I'll find a different song.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Hiag walkz up and zingz a new zong fer the dibbunz.

Frogblood, frogblood,
toad and newt-tail stew!
Chop them up and put them in a pan
best dish across the lan',
A nice big bowl for you!

Eagle eye eagle eye,
baked into a rat-ears pie.
Pluck them out and put them in a pan
right next to a sparrow-meat and tortoise flan!

Lizard tongue, lizard tongue,
snake-skin and ferret bread!
Cut them out
and throw the teeth out,
when finished then you'll be dead!

The dibbunz laugh with delight at the zong and ztart runnin' around zinging it over an' over.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Well, I'll help with the produce picking and the invites around Mossflower wood! You know, go see the local families living in Mossflower, invite them to the feast!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

Otters will need their shrimp and hotroot soup so I'll get on that for them. :)  You're going to have a mighty disappointed skipper crew otherwise.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra