The Grammar Empire (now officially disbanded)

Started by Izeroth, August 31, 2014, 02:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

I, Izeroth, have ascended to the throne as emperor of the grammar empire. My first decree is that all users of bad grammar shall be executed! Go forth, my troops, and purge the world of the enemy!

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

Finally, maybe now people will start using proper grammar
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

im with u to the end

not a chance jet

rachel25

I, the Dragon of Fire, and Darkness, (yes that's Toka's title, so what? It's awesome!) Am currently destroying your Empire with my fire! >:D

Izeroth

Quote from: Cornflower MM on August 31, 2014, 03:42:11 PM
Do you play Hitler much?

How am I playing Hitler? Hitler's views were unfounded and prejudiced, while mine are rooted in fact. There are simply far too many grammar mishaps!

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 31, 2014, 03:56:13 PM
im with u to the end

Your sarcasm does not entertain me, peasant.

Quote from: rachel25 on August 31, 2014, 06:34:24 PM
I, the Dragon of Fire, and Darkness, (yes that's Toka's title, so what? It's awesome!) Am currently destroying your Empire with my fire! >:D

I've read the Hobbit. I know how to deal with dragons...

Rusvul

well my sarcasm entertains me so ha

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 31, 2014, 03:56:13 PM
im with u to the end

not a chance jet

Oh, dear.

Quote from: rachel25 on August 31, 2014, 06:34:24 PM

I was thinking as I read that "Why is Rach using a form of Toka's title?"

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 31, 2014, 03:55:48 PM
Finally, maybe now people will start using proper grammar

Well, yes, but. . . . .

QuoteHow am I playing Hitler? Hitler's views were unfounded and prejudiced, while mine are rooted in fact. There are simply far too many grammar mishaps!

So, basically, you're going to start another war. . . . Because people sometimes forget to capitalize? Or are too lazy? (Yes, yes, I know that's not the only problem. Deal.) While I've corrected plenty of people in my time, and once even used really, really, really bad grammar, do you see me killing people? Or even myself? First you started a war on all the non-mustelids, because they (Or their favorite animal) aren't mustelids (Which wasn't a good time for me, being a squirrel/opossum), and now you're getting on to people about the way they type? I'm sorry. . . . That's just the way it seems to me. Yes, I do agree that good grammar is wonderful, but. . . . .

Izeroth

Quote from: Cornflower MM on September 01, 2014, 01:16:49 AM

So, basically, you're going to start another war. . . . Because people sometimes forget to capitalize? Or are too lazy? (Yes, yes, I know that's not the only problem. Deal.) While I've corrected plenty of people in my time, and once even used really, really, really bad grammar, do you see me killing people? Or even myself? First you started a war on all the non-mustelids, because they (Or their favorite animal) aren't mustelids (Which wasn't a good time for me, being a squirrel/opossum), and now you're getting on to people about the way they type? I'm sorry. . . . That's just the way it seems to me. Yes, I do agree that good grammar is wonderful, but. . . . .

You want to know why I started the war on non-mustelids? Because everyone ignores mustelids! People love the canine, felines, and rodents (well, some rodents), but do the mustelids ever get any appreciation? No! Besides the occasional remark on the importance of sea otters or the slight appreciation of pet ferrets, mustelids are a largely overlooked and underappreciated animal family! Even if mustelids are featured, only the "good" ones (otters and badgers) get noticed.

Delthion

I will ally with you in this noble act of purging from this forum; all those who fail to use grammar as it should be.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Mask

I hate these Word Crimes!

And it is kinda rude to constantly correct people. And Hitlerish to say that if you can'y use the right grammar you suck and I'll kill you. It's incredibly mean and for people who have difficulty typing it's quite unfair.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

rachel25

My grammar is hit and miss. But im still gonna destroy your empire.

Izeroth

Alright, alright... I may have overreacted a bit when I said I would kill anyone who used bad grammar. I sometimes -gasp- mess up my grammar as well, and it was sort of a power struggle thing. I wouldn't really condemn me for killing, Rachel, considering that your dragon attacked my empire for no apparent reason other than the desire for mindless killing! Estimates are still pending, but you killed about a thousand people! Am I really the barbarian here? ??

Rusvul

Have you seen HIAG? He definitely doesn't underappreciate mustelids... I really like ferrets, personally. I wouldn't say they're underappreciated at all, they're in the Redwall books as a large part of most vermin armies and while there might be other species that people roleplay and such, Mustelids are played a lot as well. Leatho, HIAG, Lutra, Firedrake (To some extent), and many others. Now, if your complaint is about 'vermin' mustelids, that's an entirely different set of criteria- 'Mustelids are underappreciated and overlooked! Except the otters and badgers that everyone loves!' First off, that doesn't make as much sense. Secondly, that isn't quite true either. You have to keep in mind that because most of the other mustelids are classed as 'vermin' in Redwall, there aren't going to be as many people to roleplay them and such. Thus, you can only fairly compare 'ferrets, weasels, and stoats' (And then a few species that I'm not counting here because they only show up sporadically and aren't ever a large percentage of a vermin populaton. Narrowing it down because at this point that's what you're talking about, not mustelids in general) with creatures such as rats, wildcats, foxes andd... Actually not that many creatures that aren't mustelids. Mustelids make up a large part of vermin armies, rodents are a large part of goodbeast groups. If you see someone whose username is 'Sam Squirrel,' there's not a very good chance a mustelid was EVER a consideration for him- Unless he was to play a  or a badger, which apparently doesn't count. People who play goodbeasts as a primary thing are not nearly as likely to play as a vermin.

Aside from mustelids not being underappreciated, what does it matter if people's favorite animals aren't of the same family as yours?

Jetthebinturong

As I have stated before, Mustelidae, aside from Felidae, is my favourite animal family and I've played more mustelid characters than I can count and written about many more

Kogane
Bai Huan
Trang
Drohi Sajjana
Umbra Skia
Duniya Treestalker
Myrlon
Arden the Unseen
Hash the Warlord
Salinar the Mad
Verde in his weasel form
Dai-San