Clans of Redwall (OOC discussion)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 06, 2014, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Lucky you, you get an ally. My characters ally isn't actually played by anyone.  :-\
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

Aww, you don't? That's too bad, Hanny!

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure anyone's playing Male Otter.

The Mask

Jeez it's funny how are characters compliment each Skarzs.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Dannflower Reguba

Hmmmm..... I'm allied to Thomas, and at odds with the Mask. Funny, the Mask's character and mine both take ques from Japan in their design. I've got some music fer us'ns.  ;D

Kami
[close]
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Unimaginative

Jasper

Quote from: HanNorwood on September 28, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
Hey, Jasper, our characters are enemies.  ::)
Indeed, and my character is also friends with Gryphon (I particularly like his character, well detailed and like a rich version of Jack Sparrow {There should be a captain in there somewhere!}). I can't wait to face off, and may the best pirate win... arrrrr

Anyway I've read through most of the character sheets and they seem spectacular. I don't fancy my chances at winning to be very
high, but I'll give it everything I've got.

In addition, I'm interested to see how this whole thing will play out. With only 3 pirates it may be challenging to keep a scene going, especially when each of us can only post a couple of times. (maybe Brooke will play the captain and miscellaneous pirates?) The poor pirates seem to have the odds against them in this one (only 3 of us!), but don't fret me hearties, we'll overcome the numbers and come out on top one way or another!

Pirates of the Caribbean Music
[close]

Unimaginative

Don't worry, we've got it. If Pirates of the Caribbean has taught us anything, it's that Captain Jack always wins.  ;)

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 28, 2014, 10:20:55 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on September 28, 2014, 08:14:53 PM
HAHA!  ;D

Apparently, Brook said I am alliance with the shrew (Leatho) and enemies with the Wildcat (Wylder). This will be interesting  ;D

Ha!  I'm the exact opposite.  Buddies with Wylder, enemies with Leatgo.  :P

LOL! Cool! So it looks like it is me and Leatho against Rain and Wylder   ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tam and Martin on September 29, 2014, 01:36:04 AM
HAHA!  ;D

Apparently, Brook said I am alliance with the shrew (Leatho) and enemies with the Wildcat (Wylder). This will be interesting  ;D

*Brandishes rapier menacingly*  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

I wonder why there are enemies in the same clan?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

I am friends with Leatho and enemies with Wylder.

@ Wylder: I was looking at your sheet and I think we should try and work out just why they are enemies. I'll be PMing you about it.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

BrookSkimmer

Just a heads up that I need a couple more days to iron out details... sorry for delays but I've run out of time today... should be up and running by tomorrow afternoon PST...

Rainshadow

No prob.  It's a pretty big event, so obviously it's gonna need a bit of time.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

James Gryphon

I'm grateful for the positive feedback. I thought about giving a more stereotypical searat (in the Greypatch vein) a try, and slightly regret not doing so now as it seems a lot of our characters are higher-class, and it might've helped to balance it out... but I still like the character sheet as written and think it'll be interesting to try to bring the rat to life.

The main thing to keep in mind is that Ackab is not nice. I figured that there would be a lot of grey and good characters, even in the vermin ranks, so I decided that my character would be a straight up villain. That doesn't mean he'll be torturing people or betraying his allies just for giggles, but he is ultimately selfish, and has no problems with committing murder, theft, or other unsavory deeds, if that will help him get what he wants. When I'm done, I'm hoping that the readers and other players will think of him as interesting, plausible, and the type of person they would hate to be acquainted with in real life.

As far as enemies/allies go, I'll probably ask Brooky about that. The ship players seem to be limited in number, and a consequence of that is that it appears my archrival isn't being played by anyone.
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 29, 2014, 01:47:35 AM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on September 29, 2014, 01:36:04 AM
HAHA!  ;D

*Brandishes rapier menacingly*  ;D
*Prepares spear*  ;D

This will be lots of fun  ;D

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on September 29, 2014, 02:59:49 AM
I wonder why there are enemies in the same clan?
Probably to spice up the storyline. It will be cool to see! I wonder who Wylder is enemies or friends with.....

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000