News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

*Tries not to comment on how much it looks like an automail forearm*

Very awesome, Skarzsy-chan!  You can make armour five thousand times better than I can!  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

It looks great, Skar! You'll get better at it.

The Skarzs

Thanks, guys!

Now, I had gotten some good time to do some smithing on Saturday, and this is what I made:

After draw filing and rough outline shaping, here is the start of a bowie knife! (I have no idea when this'll be finished. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Awesome. I was looking at the armor and realized it looked like OOM's armor.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Thanks!
D'you think so? *Looks at OOM's armor, then at that.* Hmm, I do have a tendency to stick to relatively similar ideas. . .

BTW, that knife there is over 14 inches long, with 8 being the blade. It's awesome.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

*Wipes forehead.* Whew! Didn't realize that moving items into their own albums would cause every photo to be a box announcing that I had deleted or moved the image. :P
Soo. . . now that they are back to normal, I've got another picture for you guys: the fully heat-treated blade.

Ah, if you could only see the true beautiful colors. The back is blue, and the edge is the same color you see there.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Nice. Although I am not a fan of modern knives, this looks nice.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Mhera

Bowie knives are so cool. 8) Great work!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on February 22, 2015, 06:47:42 AM
May I ask what you mean by "modern"? :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 23, 2015, 12:05:35 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on February 22, 2015, 06:47:42 AM
May I ask what you mean by "modern"? :P

Bowie knives and the like. Prefer pre-eighteenth century knives anyway.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

I see.

Thanks guys, for the compliments! I will hopefully have this finished before the weekend.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dippler

Can't wait to see the finished knife, your work is amazing!
There are two types of people, those who can finish sentences

The Skarzs

Thank you, Dippler! And here is the finished knife.

Might not be able to see it well, but I have bronze pieces between the wood and the steel guard, which looks amazing in full color, I made an interesting shape on the top guard, and I cut in a nice design on the back of the blade which you can see part of.
I got this razor sharp, and it cut through paper like nothing I've seen.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

...Gimme.  ;D  (No, you probably don't want to give me a weapon.  I'll most likely cut off a finger in the first five minutes.  ::))

Very cool, Skarzsy!  Me likey.  Me likey a lot.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!