News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Tiria_Wildlough

arg wu sentafinticate nar dunderford
bida menti kosticated interserd
thorphilliate stinded yilla billa zay
wentora yate paravillintiniay
paravillintiniay

Yup!!

Rainshadow

YOU LIKE RELIENT K?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Isn't it sad that I can tell what band you're quoting simply by a jumble of letters?  :P)

Quote from: Copy'n'Paste

Also known as nothing.  There is nothing to be copied and pasted.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria_Wildlough

Quote from: Rainshadow on February 01, 2015, 10:27:35 PM
  YOU LIKE RELIENT K?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Isn't it sad that I can tell what band you're quoting simply by a jumble of letters?  :P)

No, I don't like them. I LoVe them!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tiria_Wildlough on February 01, 2015, 10:28:46 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on February 01, 2015, 10:27:35 PM

No, I don't like them. I LoVe them!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY, A KINDRED SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  *Ahem*  Apologies, I just really like Relient K and I know very few people who actually like them.  Actually, I think my brother might be the only fan I know, and he's a very casual fan.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Your mother is a *beep beep beep*ing*beep*lorem ipsum*beep beep beep*admiumvenium*beep beep beep beep*turolagulio*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep* hippopotamus*beep beep beep beep beep beep* Republican *beep beep beep* Daniel Radcliffe *beep beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep beep beep* in a castle far away where no one can hear you *beep beep beep beep beep beep* soup *beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep* Mickey Mouse *beep beep* with a stick of dinomite *beeeeeepppp* magical *beep beep beep beep* ALAKAZAM!!!!
Heh. That was Mr. Cuddles using my computer. He just watched Harry Potter Puppet pals  and has memorised the Elder swear.YOU BET I HAVE FART BREATH!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Russa Nodrey

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch
Freddy

James Gryphon

http://www.thunderwizardsw.com/products/zroids.php

(Another dead link, for a software company. We paid $10 for a game back in 2001 or so and they never sent us the registration code. Still annoys me.)
« Subject to editing »

Rainshadow

Quote from: Copy'n'PasteI win because I'm waiting at the hair salon (or whatever the heck a barber shop is called nowadays) to get my head shaved haircut.

James Gryphon

Skyblade's post in "Skyblade's stuff"
   I fidgeted in my seat as I listened to the mingling voices of hundreds of excited high school students just like me. We watched the animations that appeared on the huge screens over the stage as the crowd anxiously waited for the awards ceremony to start. I was in one of the largest (and noisiest) auditoriums I had ever been in. Never would I have guessed as I waited with my team on the side of the auditorium where the winners sat before they received their awards that, soon, with a few words, my elation would suddenly flip over. Never would I have thought that in about half an hour, I would be inadvertently learning one of the most important lessons of my high school life. As I waited enthusiastically, a sponsor of my organization, Ms. Something, suddenly came up nearby. With a look of sheer shock on her face, she said, "What are you doing here? You're not going to national competition."

(organization here) state competition was one of the most eventful experiences of my sophomore year. It was at the (some fancy hotel) in (some large, well-known city) that year and lasted three days. A few hours before I was to compete in an event called "Blah" with my team members, Guy1 and Guy2, I felt sick in my stomach. I could barely stand up and walk around as I doubled over with pain. Ms. Johnson took me to buy some medicine and let me rest on a chair. I was still not feeling as well as I wanted to when it was time for me to compete. However, I had been told that I didn't have to present our prepared PowerPoint with my team to go to national competition. Since I was a group member too, and had helped out, I would be allowed to advance if my teammates placed (or so I thought). Relaxing, I curled up in the chair and munched some pretzels.

But then I found out that I wasn't going to national competition after all. When Ms. Something had broken the news to me, I had felt as if the floor and the ceiling had switched places. This wasn't supposed to happen! Ms. Something led me into the hall and comforted me, explaining that there had been a misunderstanding and that I actually couldn't go to national competition, because I hadn't presented. After this numbing conversation, I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. I was pretty sure I had cried a little or had at least started to, and that wouldn't be a good way to show up to the other (insert organization) members. However, washing my face didn't help because, just then, a friend of mine walked in. Seeing me, she said, "Do you need a hug?" I raced into her arms and flung mine over her shoulders, feeling a tear fall like rain down my cheek.

My friend cheered me up. She sat on some steps outside the auditorium with me and we talked until I was ready to show my face to my fellow (insert organization) members again. We crept back into the auditorium, where the awards ceremony was well underway. When my team members won 3rd place, we clapped for them. After they got their awards, Guy1 and Guy2 stopped in their tracks when they saw me for the first time since I had found I wasn't going to national competition. They stared at me with an expression of sympathy and anxiety. "It's okay," I told them, because I didn't want them to feel guilty. However, it was not until months later that I could repeat those same words with complete honesty, meaning, and understanding.

Throughout the rest of my sophomore year, sickness kept returning. It turned out that I had GERD, very common acid reflux. This honestly isn't so bad but I personally it found very uncomfortable and hindering. My health fluctuated: some days I was my usual and energetic self and others I was weak and small because that was how I acted when I felt sick. I made frequent trips to the nurse and even had to miss out on an important state competition later in the year because of my condition. However, it was the challenges and hardship that my acid reflux brought, along with a bit of time, that helped me move on from my incident. This may sound odd, but I am glad this happened to me; it has made my second year of high school all the more interesting. Months after, I was able to candidly say, "I'm thankful for what happened to me, even though it was upsetting at first. I'm sure God challenged me with this for a reason that although I can't fathom, I can trust."

Simply said, one can't have only "good things" in their life; he or she must take the bad with the good. Life is a rollercoaster: there are peaks and there are nadirs. Either way, the ride is pretty exciting.
[close]
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

[center]* * *[/center]

I added the code tags.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

Quote from: Copy'n'PasteOof, I feel sorry for you.  Waking up early (before 7 or 8 AM) sucks, in my opinion