News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Riddles!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 22, 2011, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Osu on June 25, 2011, 01:52:13 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 24, 2011, 09:41:05 AM
What is your favourite riddle in the series? The little folk one was good, but my favourite was "I-am that is".
Everything from the Pearls of Lutra - good riddles, those, and Piknim and Craklyn were great - and the Long Patrol, where they discover Verdauga's treasure. That was awesome.
Yeah, that was a good one.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 23, 2011, 01:39:26 PM
"Seek the Founder in the stone, where the little folk go."
I LOVE that one! I like it when baby Rollo goes, 'Seeker flounder inna stones, oho, I know where da lickle folk go.'
:)
I l ike the anagrams in High Rhulain.  Specially the one where they find the lance of Corriam.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Wot Wot!

I won't ruin it if you haven't read it yet, but I couldn't BELIEVE I didn't figure out the "walking stone" in Rakkety Tam until ways toward the end of the book...
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Osu

Quote from: Wot Wot! on July 01, 2011, 07:32:12 PM
I won't ruin it if you haven't read it yet, but I couldn't BELIEVE I didn't figure out the "walking stone" in Rakkety Tam until ways toward the end of the book...
Neither did I. It was the last thing I'd expected, haha.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

[/quote]
Everything from the Pearls of Lutra - good riddles, those, and Piknim and Craklyn were great - and the Long Patrol, where they discover Verdauga's treasure. That was awesome.
[/quote]
Verdaugas treasure was good. I solved a couple in high Rhulain
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Matthias720

One of my favorites from Triss: "The leaf is three time five."

Tiria Wildlough

That one had me stumped.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

I love the riddles!

I'm not sure if I solved any before the creatures in the book did but I might have. I'm rereading all the books now so when I read a riddle in one of the books I usually know the answer to it.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

daskar666

The guess-the-letter ones are annoyingly easy. I was also able to quickly figure out most of the Riftgard language quickly. In most of the books I figured out parts of riddles but not the whole thing.

Osu

I recall thinking the Riftgard language should be easy, but I didn't really figure it out until the characters did.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

Hey, can I put in a riddle that I wrote for the Redwall series? It goes like this:
"Sometimes early, sometimes late,
Sometimes no one knows my fate.
I can be red, white or blue,
And I am always faithful and true.
Glorious, yet painful,
Sweet, yet harmful,
I can prick the toughest of paws,
Make strong creatures whimper, that's my law.
Yet all love me despite my ways,
Though sometimes it is a passing craze.
I am sharp and soft, I am small,
I cannot be invisible at all.
So, bold one, tell me why,
I can outshine even the sky."
     Good, huh? If no one can figure out the right answer, then I'll tell ye, but only if everyone gives up. I have another riddle in store after this one, so figure out the answer quickly, please! I can keep supplying riddles endlessly, so I'll keep y'all in suspense.  ;)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

daskar666

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Tammo, you are correct.  ;D I suppose I'll have to make a seperate forum page for this kind of thing. I shall do It now.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

Amber's riddle topic is over in the Forum Games here, so anyone that wants to drop by there and try their claw at solving some more is welcome to do so. They look pretty tricky. ;)
« Subject to editing »