[KS] Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers!

Started by prophetic_joe, April 10, 2015, 10:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetic_joe

So I am fairly new to the Redwall series of books. I have only read Redwall, Mattimeo and am currently reading Lord Brocktree but the moment I started reading them I loved them. So awhile back while in the midst of reading Redwall for the first time a gentleman named Michael Lovejoy was doing a Kickstarter for I think a line of halfling miniatures. I was chatting with Michael and some other guys on the Reaper forum and I said as I had said to him once previously "So Lovejoy I'm still saying you need to do Redwall. There has been recent talk in the fantasy section about anthromophic animals and Darkswrod Miniatures scale. Their figs are awesome but all of the animals are the same size. I sincerely think there is a lacking of anthromophic animals in different sizes that make sense. Mice slightly smaller than rats, badgers a bit bigger. That sort of thing."

Now it should be noted that I am not connected to Oathsworn miniatures in any way other than an aquaintance on an internet forum. I don't work for them, profit from them, I have never met Michael or his wife Jo, I am simply a fan of the company because they are awesome to do business with.

Anyway December 2nd of this year comes and much to my surprise Michael decided he liked my idea and started sculpting. He started it as a fun thing for just himself at first but luckily decided to share it and after receiving a bunch of positive feedback he decided to continue to expand the line and now has a kickstarter going. So without any further ado....

If anyone has pledged on a Oathsworn KickStarter project (and I have for 3 so far) then they'll know just how great they are.

To start with the figures they are brilliantly sculpted, full of character, highly detailed, dynamically posed and extremely well produced.

However fulfilment iS just as good, on-time completion (early actually), awesome backers, well packaged deliveries, great customer service.

Oathsworn is a start-up, and it is still at the home-industry phase (though I predict they will end up big). They've lots of experience in sculpting for others; but are now creating their own designs.

They are a real pleasure to back, just how KickStarters should be.

As for this KickStarter, it is for twenty anthropomorphic fantasy figures ranging from a 18mm shrew to a 46mm badger. Mostly these are "fighters", though there are some stealthy types and even a preacher...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/burrows-and-badgers

If you like the figures, then in my own opinion, there is almost no risk :-)

And here are a couple of my favourites to start with :-)

The hare

The badger

And my personal favorite the mouse named after yours truly

Gonff the Mousethief

Those are really neat! Thank you for sharing them with us! I would like to see this project really take flight!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Well done to the makers, and well done to you, sir, for suggesting it! This is an awesome project, and I'm truly supportive of it, even if I'm not into things like collecting miniatures myself.
The hare is awesome, and the badger seems downright terrifying (the armor is also quite impressive).
I'd like to ask, though. . . what is that tall figure on the top row? (The one with the bow.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

prophetic_joe

It is a fox archer.

The Lovejoys are actually working on some skirmish game rules that will be available in pdf form for supporters as well. Pretty sweet.

Luftwaffles

Those are amazing, thank you for sharing them with us!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Hickory

Quote from: prophetic_joe on April 10, 2015, 10:40:21 PM
It is a fox archer.

The Lovejoys are actually working on some skirmish game rules that will be available in pdf form for supporters as well. Pretty sweet.

I thought the fox looked feminine.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

JangoCoolguy

I wish you and your friend the best of luck ! ;D

prophetic_joe

Apparently I didn't link the Kickstarter in my main post so I edited it to add it. For easier finding I will put it here too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/burrows-and-badgers

Plus here is the newest sculpt a nice Toad:

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

(I'm willing to overlook that. :P)
The texture for the frog is amazing! It really gives me the feel as if I were staring at him in Mossflower (aside from the colors, of course).
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

prophetic_joe

I don't picture him as a fighting toad myself more like a toad shaman. Rodents or good beasts go to him in his little hut in the bog to have fortunes told, healing tonics made, that sort of thing. He often finds himself having prophetic dreams regarding power shifts in the creature kingdoms. Least that is the character I will have him play.

The Skarzs

And it fits perfectly for him. (Especially since you already have backstory and whatnot for him. ;))
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Whoa this is awesome!!! I want a mole! ;D
I'd love to donate to the cause!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~