News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Third-world country missions

Started by The Lady Shael, September 20, 2011, 03:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Has anyone here ever done a mission in a third-world country? If so, how did you find that opportunity (through church, a website, an organization?) and can you share your experience? :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I myself have not. My church has sent out several in the past, to South and Central America. I don't remember what program it was that paved the trip though.
I'm betting on the upcoming church wide trip being to Argentina next year during the spring. Might well go, probably will.
As for the trips I mentioned at first, I've seen a good deal of photos and some video, and a lot of testimonies.
Mostly it involved organized schedule. Two trips to Bolivia a few years apart were to the same community helping them construct new buildings and expanding. One of these trips involved a group that trekked a bit out of the way to a remote community to share the gospel with them.
Prep wise, there was quite a few shoots and medications that were involved in being able to go. And a lot of mosquito repelling stuff, that can be taken as a pill each day and sprayed over your clothes. Bad idea to contract a disease during your visit afterall.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Nightfire

Same here. I personally haven't, but my church went to a few places.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Me, either. I would love to go on a Missions Trip some day, if we ever get the money...I've never been outside of the states before, and I'd like to visit someplace new...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Matthias720

I have never been on a missions trip, myself. However, my dad has gone to India half a dozen times to help teach basics trades to Pastors over there.

Nightfire

My church visits the Dominican Republic often.  :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

my church went to France i did not go with them :'( :'( :'(
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Plugg Firetail

My church sent people to China.Except they don't know chinese.