News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Your greatest achievements

Started by Skyblade, September 12, 2015, 11:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Why don't we think positively?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

I don't have a lot of major acheivements, though I got honor roll three times in a row.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Kudos, Sage ~

Well, any achievement counts.

Eulaliaaa!

Hmm, I've not achieved a bunch. I mean, I've written a book that's around 200 pages and I'm working on a sequel. That's about it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

James Gryphon

A few, some old, some new... ordered as I can remember them.

1) Skipped part of first grade, giving me a lead on most of the people my age that lasted a little while.
2) Briefly the best active player of Zap! (now known as Bitfighter) in the world. This one is kinda subjective; there are probably some people that would argue the point.
3) Released three versions of a mod for "Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space".
4) Wrote several articles which got promoted to the front page of "Defending Big D".
5) Appointed moderator at the Redwall Abbey forum.
6) Racked up more time than anyone else on the forum in my first term -- at the time, a record of something like 29 days. (We're all way past that now.)
7) Passed the GED with reasonably high results, in spite of the fact that I hadn't formally studied textbooks in years.
8) Scored well on a recent intelligence test.
9) Went to Texas HYC seven years in a row (and counting); also made NAYC four times in a row. Only two other members of my youth group have been to every one.
10) Ported a modification for a certain game to a later version of the game engine (a surprisingly involved process).

I have to say that if this is what I can look on as my legacy after twenty-plus years, I'm not very impressed. I'd hoped to make more of a difference, or at least be more exceptional at some things, than just that. But it is what it is.
« Subject to editing »

SoranMBane

Well, in high school I wrote for my school newspaper, and I actually ended up winning second place in column writing in a state competition for a video game review I wrote (for Batman: Arkham Asylum, in case you were curious; I gave it a 4/5).

Then there's this 7,500-word short story I wrote, which I like to think back on as definitive proof that I am indeed theoretically capable of creating a coherently-plotted story and carrying it all the way to the end (I was so relieved when I finally finished that monstrosity, oh my goodness). It got decently positive reviews, too.

Oh, and my single most successful post on Tumblr happens to feature a rainbow deathclaw, which I guess could sort of look like an achievement if you squint at it the right way.

Cornflower MM

Almost doing a triple. . . . . . .

I can't think of anything else. Joy.

Skyblade

When I first posted this thread, I was worried that it may become a method to brag about oneself. But I see that the opposite has come true.

I didn't make this thread so people could think they have few achievements and feel bad about themselves. In fact, I wanted us to look at what we've accomplished and feel better because of it. Actually, it's working for me.

Like I said, any achievements count. Plus, we're all relatively young. We hopefully have time to fulfill more things.

Anyway, great job everyone. Another accomplishment of mine is becoming a good flute/piccolo player.

Banya

One of my greatest achievements yet is acceptance into and attending the top public university in the States.  I've got quite a bit of pride for it.

Skyblade

That's great for you, Banya. Kudos!

Jukka the Sling

You got a 33 out of 36?!  That's FANTASTIC!!!  Congratulations! :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

Thank you for congratulating me, Jukka. You don't know how great that felt :)

Want to post stuff too? I bet you've got a good share of achievements.

Cornflower MM

Wow, that's a really high score, Bladey! *Hugs* You did great!

Skyblade

I don't think you know how ACT scoring really is ;) But thank you, Corny.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »