News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 05:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

So the Autumnal Equinox is upon us again. Well, at least for those of us living in the Northern Hemisphere.

How do you like to celebrate this change in season? What things do you look forward to in the coming months?

I am looking forward to a gallon of apple cider and some fried cakes. :)

Nightfire

When Autumn comes to me, I usually make many, many, many paper leaves and color them beautifully, then put them on or in every single window in the house. I also decorate my Creationist Cave with season colors.

(The Creationist Cave is my name for my bedroom. It looks like a cave on the inside, and is lined with fossils and tons of evidence for creation.)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

For me it just gets really cold. We are already having cold weather, so it's gonna be a very cold winter. But fall also means: my birthday, running around in my shawl, a Halloween (for me they it is All Saints Day) party, spending time inside where it's warm, and on some nights we make a fire outside.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Log-a-Log on September 23, 2011, 10:41:28 PM
Looking forward to football
I'm sure not. Every other word out of my brothers mouth is "football". Ugh! He drives me crazy! He teaches my younger sibling how to play football and everything he says is somehow related to football or food. So kinda like me with Redwall :D
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Sigh...I am the only girl in my Sunday School class. Guess what the number 1 topic is next to God? Yup, you got it. Football. Ugh.  :P All that time, training, and hard work, just to get a ball over a square frame. Although you pointed something out for me. Birthdays. My birthday is coming up, too. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lily

Autumn is my favourite time in Japan. :) School sports days (and the teacher parties that come with them!), Autumn festivals, delicious food, moon viewing events, autumn leaves, rice harvesting, autumn plants blooming... I love it all! Plus, the weather cools down so you're not breaking a sweat just by existing, but it's not yet cold enough to have to wear 5 layers to work.

Quote from: Matthias720 on September 23, 2011, 05:50:52 PM
I am looking forward to a gallon of apple cider and some fried cakes. :)

Fried cakes?

Matthias720

Fried cakes are just cakeier donuts. ^_^

Lily

So you make them the same way as doughnuts, but it's cake? Nice!

Matthias720

No. What I meant by that is that the donuts are more like the consistency on cake, while still being donuts.

Lily

Ohhh, righto. I'm not down with al this American food lingo. My friends couldn't believe I'd never had pumpkin pie before.

Speaking of pumpkin pie, it's delicious and I'm looking forward to that this Autumn if anyone makes it.  :D

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Coobreedan on September 26, 2011, 03:17:32 PM
Pumpkin pie? Sounds epic....
Have you had pumpkin pie before? Last year we grew our own pumpkins and made pumpkin pie out of them. It was yummy.

Matthias720

Coobreedan

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 26, 2011, 03:20:27 PM
Quote from: Coobreedan on September 26, 2011, 03:17:32 PM
Pumpkin pie? Sounds epic....
Have you had pumpkin pie before? Last year we grew our own pumpkins and made pumpkin pie out of them. It was yummy.

Maybe my grandad could do that. He has an allotment and his good at cooking.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.