News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 05:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

My dad is a DYNAMIC pie cook! He always make a big pumpkin pie every year!! :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

for me the start of Conformation class some of you may not know what that is it is a kind of Sunday school  
Beautiful weather though kinda cold
My birthday is in the winter so it is coming up soon
i do not like football that much but we are going to a game the Sunday after thanks giving  and i can not wait also the all saints day party
and getting ready for Christmas Yay!
we are making pumpkin pie with cool whip tons of cool whip
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

frameltons

...while Conformation could be an appropiate term for the sacrament you are now studying for, I believe you are preparing for your Confirmation...you will be affirming and confirming to the priesthood and the congregation that you accept the Catholic faith and will strive to be a faithful soldier of Christ...you'll be questioned on your knowledge of basic beliefs and given a soft symbolic slap on the face to test your resolve...if I remember correctly...

...and a belated blessed Mabon to all...looking forward to a festive Samhain...

...the Hunter is rising higher in the predawn skies...fall and winter are my favorite seasons...

Redwall Musician

*bows*
Are you catholic? I was in confirmation class not too long ago. It was interesting. Sounds like you knew your Religion.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

frameltons

..I was raised Catholic...don't practice it much anymore...I have a healthy respect for all religions and faiths...I've studied many over the years..

Nightfire

I'm just Christian and a Creationist.  ;D No other denomination but that.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

for conformation i have to memorize an entire book 
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

frameltons

..yep..again, it was a long time ago, but if I remember right the book is The Baltimore Catechism...we learned it by rote and drilled for weeks...good luck Maudie...

Redwall Musician

Yeah, good luck. I was memorizing catechism since I was like in 1st grade. So it was easier for me to remember the slightly harder edition. I actually never studied. I was naughty.

The day of the Test:
Friend: I was up all night reading over the last chapter.
Other Friend: I spent all week memorizing the questions
*all turn to Musician*
Musician: Yeah, I didn't study.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

frameltons

Nightfire

We're getting off topic, people. There is a thread called 'Who among ye is a Christian" where you can discuss that kind of thing.

I always love to make huge leaf piles and then toss my big brother into them! Yes, I am a terrible little sister...

*Wicked giggle.*

Redwall Musician

I wouldn't say we're going too off topic. Because here Sunday classes were a big part of my Autumn, Nightfire.

frameltons

..and Michaelmas is a traditional feast day which helped to mark the harvest time...

Nightfire

I guess. What, exactly, is conformation? I've heard of it, but I have no idea what it is.

frameltons

..scroll back...I offered a correction to the spelling and brief explanation...