OOC: Duel Ideas and Discussion

Started by LT Sandpaw, September 08, 2016, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Does anyone have any cool ideas for duels? Seeing as everyone that signed up should be fighting every person at least once, (unless a whole lot of people suddenly join) then we'll need some interesting scenarios to keep things fresh and exciting.

I've got a few scenarios between book characters and Fanfiction characters that I'd like to see happen, and I know I'm concerned a few might get stolen by sticky fingered thieves. ;D

But I suppose that would be okay, should everyone insert enough light bulbs to create a mass of neat ideas. Then players could pick and choose between duels.

Two of my ideas which I definitely want to implement with someone are odd occurrences, but never the less they could be fun duels. First is young Orlando the Axe Lord of the Flatlands VS Young Dramz, father of Askor and Gulo, and ruler of the lands of ice and snow. I think a clash between these two could get epic if its done right.

The second is a duel of wits between Slagar and some other character, who appeared particularly quick witted. Like Swartt, or Lantur. I feel like this could get really interesting, something akin to the Princess Bride Duel between the Dread Pirate Roberts and Vizzini.

A few other plans I've got tucked away are a battle between Shrews, something like a confrontation between Fenno and Log-a-log really heating up to a breaking point, leaving both fighting for supremacy over the Guosim. A wrestling match between two hedgehog characters, still working on the details for that one. A fight between Taggerung (Deyna) and the giant water rat Gloomer. A sparring match between Bobweave and Southpaw because why not?

And of course a duel between Martin and Matthias because everyone wants to see that.

What about ya'll? Anything itching in the back of your head? Keep in mind this is just brainstorming for cool ideas, so anything flies.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

All of those seem pretty dank. I'd like to do the Deyna one with Gloomer.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

These are some really great ideas! You definitely should do these!

I don't want my duels to be like this for a couple of reasons.

1) I haven't read the books in a very long time. I will be more comfortable playing as my own character than as one I only vaguely remember. I would be certain to make mistakes in description and action for all of the book characters. (For example, describing a character that had grey fur as having white fur or something like that.)

2) Maybe it's just my personality, but I love creating new characters and story lines and developing them. With each new character I create there's a host of different directions I can take that character in. A different world for each one to experience. I enjoy that sort of deal too much to recycle characters.

I know it's not advantageous in this tournament to start with new characters entirely - it was stated that using existing ones would be scored higher - but if I lose due to that, I'm fine with it. This is more about having fun for me than about winning. I feel like if I took up the reigns of an existing character, half my time would be spent going online or into a book to try to figure out who that character was, rather than developing the character in the duel.

That being said, I really like the match ups you've come up with. I look forward to seeing them play out. I just won't be doing them that way myself.  ;)
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Ashleg

Hey, Lantur vs Slagar sounds awesome.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Here's a few ideas I had, in the vein of the "Fights that never were" series. Some villains show up more than once. All  I can say is that I like 'em. ;)

Tsarmina Greeneyes vs. Bane
Swartt Sixclaw vs. Balefur
Gabool the Wild vs. Greypatch (although Skarzs already wrote this one as a fanfic)
Ublaz Mad Eyes vs. Rasconza
Eefera vs. Vallug Bowbeast
Badrang vs. Tramun Clogg
Barranca vs. Ublaz Mad Eyes
Swartt Sixclaw vs. Zigu

Few other interesting ideas, the first couple of which are actually canon fights that happened offpage.
Romsca vs. Lask Frildur
Eefera vs. Tagg
Lord Greeneyes vs. Barkstripe
Matthias vs. Basil Stag Hare (sparring session)
Cluny the Scourge vs. Zwilt the Shade
Zwilt vs. Mokkan
Gabool the Wild vs. Ublaz Mad Eyes
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Some of those sound really interesting.

How about some fanfiction characters? I think a special rendition of Urthfist VS Urthblood from Highwing's fanfiction, back when they were both living together at Salamandastron, perhaps they could be doing a practice match with some dark foreshadowing for the future. >:D

Ashleg

...My goodness, I just thought of Mixy vs Bracklew...

Dannflower Reguba

There certainly seems to be a plethora of ideas as to who should fight each other, but what about location? I'd personally love to see a fight on shifting ice, in the middle of a pond or lake amidst the snowfall. Or a duel that starts with each beast being aboard their own ship. Maybe a fight in the darkness of a deep cave, or in the Barn from the original Redwall.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

@danflorreguba are you signed up? Because you should sign up!  ;D
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Dannflower Reguba

@Fatch of Southsward: As it stands, I do not plan on participating, though that won't necessarily stop me from contributing.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

LT Sandpaw

I think a duel in a swamp would be cool. Maybe two toads from the books duking it out.