Sandpaw's Duel Chat with Ashes: And now Groddil

Started by LT Sandpaw, September 30, 2016, 03:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

@Flor@Ashes

How do ya'll want to do these? Anything specific or unique that's come to mind? I would like to do very story driven battles, with lots of substance; focused less on the separate moves and more on the characters interactions.

I personally want to do a duel of wits with one of you, and maybe a more standard fight with the other. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

(Thank heaven for Mentions.)

A duel of wits sounds fun, but I've never been very good at coming up with witty comebacks. So, if Ash doesn't mind, perhaps you and I can do a more standard battle?

Ashleg

LT Sandpaw

@Flor@Ashes

Alright cool,

So Flor, any character you want to see fight in particular? I know you like to use squirrel characters, maybe we could do a friendly bout between two squirrels from our RPs, or the original books. Do you remember Martin's fight with the Gawtrybe leader? We could something like that. But I'm open for suggestions.

Ashes we could do this, lots of clever come backs and fiendish tricks, maybe where the characters are competing some sort of brain challenge. Where the one with the better intellect lives and the lesser one dies. I was wanting to use Slagar but there are a lots of cool characters to potentially use. This of course would be a shorter duel, but we're not being judged by length.

James Gryphon

One thing I thought was worth noting is that your duel doesn't even have to happen at one time. If you wanted the 'duel of wits', it could be split into several separate scenes, over the course of some time, like with Ublaz and Rasconza in Pearls of Lutra. You could also use characters in addition to your main ones, as flunkies or to fill it out.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

Slagar vs.... Vilu, maybe?

@James
Good to know.

LT Sandpaw

Sorry I was waiting for Flor to respond.

But yeah, Vilu would be fine. I was thinking more along the lines of Lantur, or Ublaz, maybe I could use one of them while you use Vilu... So many good choices...

Now as for what we're going to do.

So going off what James said we could have them competing in a fight of assassinations attempts, or just a raw game of wits. Each one trying to outsmart the other in some way to get the upper paw. This'll be a little more difficult to plan, but lets start with the basics.

Where should this take place? I was thinking we could have them both on an island with their own personal guards, and they could be trying to take control. Maybe our characters were visiting some powerful vermin lord at the same time, who conveniently dies and they're both trying to use the opportunity to expand their personal empires.

What do you think?

Ashleg

I think that's great!!
And Ublaz vs. Vilu would be cool. ;D

LT Sandpaw

Awesome. The Pine Marten Corsair Emperor of Samperta versus the Stoat Pirate King of the High Seas. Both struggling to gain the advantage over the other, using any means necessary. Poison, assassination, trickery and vicious backstabbing diplomacy.

What should be the rules?

By the way Ublaz has his trident rats, lizards, and magic eyes. While Vilu commands the most dangerous dreadnaught on the ocean. Should we be able to utilize these advantages? Since its not going to be a battle, per say, but they may still have an impact.

@Flor

Have you thought about any of the suggestions I've listed above?

Ashleg

Yes yes, they have everything, Let me PM ye.

LT Sandpaw

I was thinking they should arrive, go inside, and then as they're waiting in the audience chamber they receive the news that Corsair King Foulder, a great wildcat pirate, has just died in his sleep, and move on from there.

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

*Wails* My Mentions didn't tell me!

Anyway. I was thinking of using Arya? Is that okay, Sand?

LT Sandpaw

@Peony, yeah that's fine. Arya is an OC you've used several times in RPs before right? Maybe I could dig up one of my old characters named Kasta Longeye and use him. Or maybe I could use Bracklew...

Anyway what should this duel be about. Would you rather it be a training session, or an actual fight? I do want it to take place in a squirrel tree village, like what the Ewoks in Star Wars have. If its going to be a squirrel duel they've got to be doing aerobatics through the treetops. ;)

@Ashleg

Sure, I'll make the thread and first post.