News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

I finished Redwall

Started by Zwilt the Shade, October 23, 2011, 01:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zwilt the Shade

I finished Redwall series! I don't know to be sad or happy.....  :(  :) I am sad because there are no more books in the series. I already finished Brian Jacques Castaways of the Flying Dutchmen books too... What do I do, move on to another series, read all of Brian's other books, or re-read Redwall?

Lutra

Well I wouldn't reread Redwall all over again if you just finished it all up.  Branch out into some other authors that write similar stuff.   Kathryn Lasky's Guardians of Ga'Hoole is quite popular among members here, and M.I. McAllister's Mistmantle Chronicles is a personal favorite of mine that I often recommend if you haven't read them yet.

Whatever you choose, I would certainly try something new. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dotti

For some reason, the Redwall books are the one series that I can read over and over and over again.  With the exception of the last three or four books, I've read the books at least twice. Some of them I've read four or five times.  I personally would go back and re-read my favorite books again. 
Btw, welcome to the forum, Zwilt. :)
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Skipper

i would probably read them again but i might try and look for books that are kind of similar or maybe you might want to try reading some of the books brian liked

Tiria Wildlough

I have so nearly finished Redwall. I ordered The Sable Quean and The Rogue Crew, and I can't wait to get them!! ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

I finished the series, but I don't consider Redwall finished until I read the Tribes of Redwall and the Redwall Map and Riddler, as well as other paraphernalia.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Plugg Firetail

I just finished the series today. The book was Legend of Luke. All of my friends still have to read it. I feel so proud of myself.

Skalrag of Marshank

Hmmm...never thought of it that way...I'm done with 'em all, except for The Rogue Crew.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

DanielofRedwall

I suggest reading a new series, possibly a series that you have put off reading until you finished Redwall. If there isn't a series like this, I reccommend reading the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series by Kathryn Lasky. It is a bit like Redwall, but shorter, you MUST read the books in order and there are owls instead of many different types of animals.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Captain Tammo

You should read the inheritance series by Christopher paolini or the hunger games series by Suzanne Collins. Both are AMAZING
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Mad Maudie

i finished all the books in the series in one fall and boy i am still recuperating from those long magical nights wow yup i am still dealing with side affects do not stay up until six am just to start and finish one book!!!! 
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skalrag of Marshank

I got The Rogue Crew from the library, and I'm almost afraid to start it.  :-[
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

READ IT!!!! :D It is really cool.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

The Hunger Games is probably my favorite series other than Redwall, although Lord of the Rings is pretty good
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

eualaia

ungh my head still hurts from reading all redwall books in a week.......
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''