I finished Redwall

Started by Zwilt the Shade, October 23, 2011, 01:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blademaster

Im working to read all of them soon i had no idea there were all these enthusiests
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Blademaster

I have only got threw seven you guys are real enthusiests im such a newb

Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

eualaia

read all redwall books they is epic btw i'm hungry
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Taggerung The Otter

i have read them all more than once...they never get old
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Firewall978

Quote from: Zwilt the Shade on October 23, 2011, 01:35:00 PM
I finished Redwall series! I don't know to be sad or happy.....  :(  :) I am sad because there are no more books in the series. I already finished Brian Jacques Castaways of the Flying Dutchmen books too... What do I do, move on to another series, read all of Brian's other books, or re-read Redwall?

Honestly, I finished the Redwall Series as well. When I finished the last redwall book I then went to The Mistmantle Chronicles. It is a much different story line but, is similar to the Redwall series due to the fact that they both have animals anstead of humans. The Are no mice or Badgers, in fact it is Mostly just Squirrels, Hedgehogs and Moles. There are no "Bad Types" of creatures, it is mostly just Greedy and/or Insane squirrels who are the bad guys. However there are only 5 books in the series, so you'll finish it quickly.

I then went to the Lord of the Rings...

Muse

Yeah, Mistmantle is really beautifully written. It actually has Brothers and priests, but some kind of diety called "The Heart". It's beautiful, sad, funny, cheery, and, in short, much like Redwall, but with otters, moles (no accent!  :(), squirrels, and hedgehogs.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Tiria Wildlough

I would like to read Mistmantle. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Firewall978

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 24, 2011, 10:40:11 AM
I would like to read Mistmantle. :)

You should, it is a great series of books. Margaret McAlister is a great author, even though I have only read the 5 Mistmantle Chronicles books. I could probably name and order all the book titles. Here they are:

1) Urchin of the Riding Stars
2) Urchin and the Heartstone
3) The Heir of Mistmantle
4) Urchin and the Raven War
5) Urchin and the Rage Tide

I'm surprised that I remembered that... But Really, If you are interested I would suggest that you read the first - first.

Coobreedan

I will be reading Redwall for at least another year! So many more left for me!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Lord Brocktree

I started the Redwall series about eight years ago. I can count on my fingers the amount of book series I can read over and over again. Redwall is one of those. My suggestion is to now read the series in chronological order. I can tell you from personal experience, reading each book over ten times is not a chore or hard work. It is a delight! I am now reading through the series again because I got the Songs from Redwall CD and it adds a whole new level of immersion to the books. If you go on long car rides try getting some Redwall audio books from your local library. They are each about 12 hours long, but every character has a different voice, Brian Jacques is the narrator, and there is a wonderful soundtrack for each.

I know I have made it sound like all that I read is the Redwall series, but that is not true. :P You probably like the fantasy genre since you enjoy these books so much. I can heartily recommend the Inheritance Trilogy by Christoper Paolini, The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan, Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, and last but not least The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.  The latter two on the list are timeless classics that are a good base for any fantasy genre reader.

Have fun reading!
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Mad Maudie on November 24, 2011, 07:41:45 PM
Quote from: Nightfire on October 30, 2011, 08:12:53 PM
READ IT!!!! :D It is really cool.

i did not like it that much

I did. I like Shekra the vixen. She's awesome. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Flandor

I enjoy reading the books in chronoglogical order when I'm feeling down or sick of everything else there is to read.

I'd recommend the Hermux Tantamoq adventures by Michael Hoeye.  They're funny, modern-setting mystery/adventures about mice, otters, moles, rats etc.  Kind of Redwall-esque but they live in a modern city.  There are animals like chipmunks if you missed those in Redwall.  And Hermux, the watchmaker mouse, is the most lovable protagonist I've ever read about.  He's fabulous.

Also, the Underland chronicles by Suzanne Collins.  I feel like this series gets overshadowed by her more popular Hunger Games novels but I read the Underland books first and truly loved them.  Full of adventure and lovable characters.  And giant rats, bats, and cockroaches :)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lord Brocktree

Quote from: Flandor on November 28, 2011, 12:31:13 AM
I enjoy reading the books in chronoglogical order when I'm feeling down or sick of everything else there is to read.

I'd recommend the Hermux Tantamoq adventures by Michael Hoeye.  They're funny, modern-setting mystery/adventures about mice, otters, moles, rats etc.  Kind of Redwall-esque but they live in a modern city.  There are animals like chipmunks if you missed those in Redwall.  And Hermux, the watchmaker mouse, is the most lovable protagonist I've ever read about.  He's fabulous.

Also, the Underland chronicles by Suzanne Collins.  I feel like this series gets overshadowed by her more popular Hunger Games novels but I read the Underland books first and truly loved them.  Full of adventure and lovable characters.  And giant rats, bats, and cockroaches :)

I totally forgot about the Underland Chronicles! I remember I read those about five years ago. :P They were quite the adventure, and I would recommend them.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Lutra

For those still contemplating reading Mistmantle, its not like Redwall where you can kind of read out of order and not miss anything.  Even though there are only five books, they need to be read in order.

http://sites.google.com/site/mistmantlechronicles/books
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra