News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: I was thinking about that!

BIC: "Um, I'm not altogether sure...But we should keep moving." Bryony said, sensing his awkwardness and going along with the change of subject.

Cornflower MM

Bryony followed him, but kept behind. If this guy couldn't follow a ruiver, then he obviously wasn't worth marrying. Wait, MARRYING?!?!?? Where on earth did that come from? She thought, then shook her head. Then fell in the river, the bank soil also splashily in with her.

Jukka the Sling

"Right," Fern agreed. "Though, Martin didn't exactly say anything about Skipper and Bryony..." She looked up, noticing that Lupine had entered the kitchens. The Abbess leaped to her footpaws and hurried towards the Sister. "Lupine! You're back! Thank the seasons!" Fern led her to a chair and motioned her to sit down, as she looked quite tired. Then she sat down next to her. "Did you find Bryony - is she with you?"
~~~~~~~~~
The whip scored furrows down Mirelle's back. She bit her lip in pain, trying to stop herself screaming. She only managed for about the first three lashes. Then she screamed at the top of her lungs, trying unsuccessfully to twist out of the way of the cat o' nine.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

Monka turned at the sound of the splash, this really wasn't the time for swimming. Then he noticed part of the bank missing, and guessed Bryony had fallen in. He couldn't really see her, and then a horrible thought crossed his mind. What if Bryony couldn't swim?
In an instant, Monka had thrown down his travelling bag, kicked off his boots, and striped off his jacket, and shirt, and dived into the water.
Monka was a very good swimmer, it was the reason he was alive.
--------------------------------
Sister Lupine sat, and began her story, "I did find Bryony, but while I was talking to her, this other squirrel, I guess he must have been Monka, came over. He began asking Bryony if they were going yet, Bryony said no, and Monka lost it. He shouted at Bryony, then left. I told Bryony that Bryant wasn't dead, but she wouldn't come back with me. She said she had to go help Monka. Then she left, and I came back."

Cornflower MM

Bryony's head popped up, and she was gasping. OIn three seconds, three thoughts occured to her: One: She couldn't swim. Two: Her head was going under again. Three: That beelte brain Monka was coming after her!

rachel25

Monka spotted Bryony, and swam quickly towards her, he could see she was in difficulty, and he was relieved when he reached her. "It's, ok. I've got you!" He said, getting hold of her, and getting ready to swim back to shore.

Cornflower MM

Bryony gasped and spluttered a bit, hanging on gratefull to Monka.

rachel25

Monka was finding carrying Bryony, and his own bushy tail, was slowing him down a bit. And his head went under once or twice, but they were soon back to shore. Monka collapsed on his back laughing, "Don't do that again, if all possible!"

Cornflower MM

Bryony was also laughing. "Heehee, I'll try not to! Hahaha, Oh, do stop laughing! I can't, hahaha, stop until you do! Heeheehee!" She giggled, rather breathless.

rachel25

Monka almost immediately stopped, he winked at Bryony, "It's a skill. Now what are we gonna do about your clothes being all wet?" 

Gonff the Mousethief

''Why did Bryony not come back!?! What shall we do Fern!''
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

In answer to both Marshall and Lupine, Fern sighed and replied, "Well, at least she knows Bryant's alright. Since she isn't from Redwall, only a visitor, she's free to do as she likes - so if she's now just out to help Monka, so be it. " The Abbess then addressed Lupine. "Did you find out anything about Skipper, or Cien for that matter?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on May 09, 2014, 05:38:03 PM
Monka almost immediately stopped, he winked at Bryony, "It's a skill. Now what are we gonna do about your clothes being all wet?" 

Bryony giggled a few more times after Monka stopped, then said, "Well, considering the fact that when I left the Abbey, I didn't pack any spare clothing, I guess I'll just be wet." She said, then smiled at him.

rachel25

Monka shook his head, "No, we can't be having that. What'll I do when my guide has a cold? You can wear jacket, and I've got a spare shirt in my bag. They'll be a bit too big, but it's better than nothing."
------------------------
Sister Lupine hung her head sadly, "I'm sorry. I didn't learn anything."
------------------
Scarlet grinned wickedly at the pain of the otters, but Reki was standing nearby, getting worried. What if some of the otters died? He'd be low on oar slaves, "Milady," He whispered to Scarlet, "Maybe we should be getting on with the branding. We do need to get a move on, if we're to reach the island by tomorrow."
"I know that!" Scarlet snapped, "The island isn't that far out to sea, it won't take long. But I do agree, you should get on with the branding. Then I must go back to interrogate Seashadow."
"Yes, milady." Reki bowed, then signalled to the vermin with the whips. They put them away, then a smirking rat, wearing a leather apron, and gloves, walked over. Behind her, followed a ferret, two stoats, and a weasel, carrying branding irons, and some sort of stove.