The Quest For The Black Treasure: RP Thread Chapter one: In the Beginning

Started by rachel25, March 08, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

The Mara's jaw dropped as he saw a huge owl land on Arya. He stood stunned for a moment, then sprung into action, jumping on the Owl's back. Hanging on as well as he could with paw, he attempted to draw his sword with the other. He almost did manage it, but the sword was knocked out of his grip by the Owl's flailing wing. Tauten hoped that, at the very least, he had managed to get the Owl off of Arya.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

rachel25

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 23, 2014, 05:34:49 PM
OOC: Ah....Well, I suppose the Quest needs a beast like that....
OOC: But he's about to get a whole lot worse.  ;)

BIC: Toka frowned as he followed the vole inside, "I'm not blue."
The vole turned round, and chuckled, "Your quite blue, yiss yiss. Been out in snow too long, yiss yiss. Why you be so silly to travel in a blizzard like this, yiss yiss?"
"I had no choice," Toka growled, as he seated himself by the fire, "I escaped from a vermin castle, and was forced to run."
Just then a female vole, in a dressing gown, walked into the room yawning. She heard what Toka said, and stared, "You mean you walked all the way from the vermin castle up yonder. That's getting on for three miles! How didn't ya freeze, yiss yiss."
Toka shrugged, but that hurt, a vermin had got him with a sword, and had cut his shoulder. "I don't know."
The male vole suddenly realised that they hadn't introduced themselves, "Oh yiss, I could I forget to tell you my own name! I'm Budet, and this be my wife Gogop."
"Toka." Toka said without turning his head.
"I bet you be hungry, I'll go get you some soup, Budet, heat some water. Mr. Toka will want a hot bath after being outside for so long, yiss yiss."
"Alright, yiss, yiss." Budet, said going to fetch a bucket, and some snow.
Toka found himself alone, by the fire. He looked around, there was a nice looking black cloak hanging by the door, along with a scarf, and gloves. It'd be nice to have something like them, while traveling in such weather. He mused, then he had an idea.
----------------------
Perry had fallen asleep by the fire, he had eaten all the food, then curled up. Cara walked into the room, and found him snoring gently.

willruth

OCC: I heard that tranquillizers take time to work on reptiles, so I decided to put this...

BIC:Askar speared a Rudd on one of the claws which gave him his feared title.'Askar the clawed one' they called him.He was sitting down to eat when a rustle came from the bushes.Out of it appeared a deadly blowpipe with a loaded dart poking out of the tip.It shot that very moment and lodged itself in his neck, only to emit a throbbing pain from the wound."Poisoned"muttered Askar,whose voice was something between a growl and a hiss, and he staked calmly over to the bush.He jabbed his meatal hand into the bush and was rewarded by a scream,of which was husky and  surprised.He hauled up a ferret to face his eyes. He was two heads taller than his adversary,and took the whimpering beast to be no immediate threat.he then heard a rustle from the willow nearby and was,at a moment's glance surrounded by ferrets and stoats.Only now did his temper snap.He threw himself,with a roar, at the many vermin surrounding him.His bloodwrath rage soon mean he decimated their numbers.Only then, much to the amusement of the enemy, did he start to feel sleepy and was soon dropping to the floor.Askar the clawed one had been captured!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Cornflower MM

Aa gave a gasp when Tauten hopped onto the owl, giving her the weight of both. Then, a sword went flying, and the owl flopped off, glaring at her. "What did you do to my owlet?!?!?!" She hooted, then put a claw to her neck. "You! Answer me, or this one dies!" She snapped at Tauten, pressing slightly, drawing a drop of blood.

Unimaginative

"Us?" said Tauten, slightly out of breath. "I didn't do anything. Her, I don't now about, though I'm fairly sure that she had no part in this either. Now, if you'd just let her go." The Mara attempted to pull Arya from the Owl's grip, though he was very unsuccessful.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

The owl mum was getting delirious, and a delirious owl mum was quite dangerous. She pressed harder on Arya's neck after the Mara had tried to get her off. Arya gasped out, "I don't know! I just saw it, and ran into him!" She gestured at Tauten, and the owlmum looked closer at her. "You're very young, aren't you?" She said, her motherly side getting in the way. Then she hooted again, "Well, that's no excuse!"

rachel25

Toka was feeling better, he had had four mugs of vegetable soup, a hot bath, and was now in a warm bed. Toka didn't like beds though, he felt trapped, and could never get comfortable in them. But he was so tired that he was soon dozing, but not fully asleep. He waited till he was sure the voles were asleep, then got out of bed, but his jacket, and boots on, he hadn't taken any of his other clothes off. He then sneaked out of the room, then went in search of a haversack. He found one in the kitchen, the he loaded up the haversack with traveling food, then went around the voles home, taking things which he'd be able to trade, or sell. Then, Toka donned the cloak, scarf, the gloves were a little too small, and Toka had to cut the ends off, so they were now fingerless gloves. Then, he opened the door, and left.
It was still snowing steadily, and the snow covered Toka's tracks. Toka smiled, fools, they should have never trusted him.   

Jetthebinturong

Kaijo Helmos was not built for the cold at all and he made it known to the world "Great seasons, it's freezing!" his wife Misak, a lynx rolled her eyes "I mean come on, it got cold in winter in Zelfar but this is FREEZING!"
"It's nothing compared to the North, stop complaining!"
"If I die of cold, avenge my death!"
"How exactly?"
"I don't know, I hadn't thought that far ahead" Misak punched her husband on the shoulder
"You're such a goon!" She came to a halt "Ah, so here's the beech riven by swords"
Kaijo wasn't looking where he was going, head down to shield it from the cold, he snapped it upward to look at the beech in question and tripped over a root. Kaijo landed face first in the snow and leaped to his feet "What you mean from that riddle? What was it the blasted thing said?" Misak had committed the contents of the riddle to memory "Go West, and beware the mighty beech riven by swords
Beware the criss-crossed cords
Go to the redstone house,
Look for a certain mouse,
You'll find others there with answers."
Kaijo blinked "We're supposed to beware a tree?"
"Perhaps it means to be aware of it, maybe from here we stop going west?"
"And how exactly do we know where to go?"
"Look for the criss-crossed cords?" A spear buried itself in the tree above Misak's head. The lynx whipped out her crossbow and fired it in the direction the spear had come from, she was rewarded with a yelp of pain. Kaijo drew his sword "Maybe we were supposed to beware the tree!" They were surrounded by primitively dressed vermin.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

Toka trudged on, he looked up at the sky. The first rays of dawn were piercing the sky. Toka sighed, maybe he should find somewhere to sleep. He hadn't slept for ages, he only dozed when at the voles. So he set about finding a suitable spot to catch a few hours rest.
--------------------
Perry woke with a start, where was he? What had happened? Then he remembered the nights events. He yawned, and sat up, he looked at the fire, which was nought, but ashes now. How early was it?

willruth

rachel25

OOC: It depends what direction he's coming from. If Bastun coming up rom the south-west, then he bound to run into Perry. But then again, they might met in the woods, on their way to the Abbey.
Oh, I'm getting so excited about everyone meeting up later!  ;D

BIC: Toka lay, trying to go to sleep, in a hollow, high up in an oak tree. The reason he couldn't get to sleep was because, that every time someone, or something came into his hearing ranch, he was instantly wake, and active, holding up his sword.
Every time this happened, Toka swore, and cursed himself. He was just to alert, it was impossible to get to sleep.
Toka tried to get to sleep for a few more minutes, but then gave up. He got out of the tree, and set off again, he didn't mind traveling in the dark, it had stopped snowing as well. His keen eyesight had never failed him.
As he continued his way through the quiet forest, he noticed the sun beginning to rise properly. It would be fully light soon.
---------------
Perry got up, and went over to the window, the sun was just rising. Perry sat looking out of the window, the snow had a certain beauty when you weren't out in it. 

Faiyloe

Arnath Walked threw the snow she new the forest well and the blind mouse had no trouble avoiding The trees. She stopped and turned her face to the rising sun and she could feel its warmth on her face. She took  in her paw a piece of mettle and ran her paw over it fallowing the lines carved into it. She had committed to memory, the pattern which the shapes made, yet she still could not make out what they meant.  She heard the sound of a strangers foot steps (A squirrel) and quickly put the metal piece in her pocket.         
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Toka was not really paying any attention to what was going on, when he heard something, instantly hi sword was in his paw. There were multiple creatures coming towards him, four of them in a group, and one alone.
Toka looked around, searching, he saw a group of foxes, and in the distance, a mouse.

OOC: I'm in need of a proper battle.  ::)

Faiyloe

Wait no it was not just one creature but several, vermin buy the sound of it. She began to paint a picture in her head. A lone squirrel and about five vermin and she was between them. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

The foxes had seen him, Toka dived behind a tree, just before two arrows hit the ground where he had been.
Toka then ran out, and charged the foxes, almost falling over the mouse. e ran at the shouting, "I hope hell has it's gates open!"
Toka killed the first fox easily, he had been fumbling for his sword, he hadn't expected the squirrel to attack. The second fox was ready though, and steel hit steel. A third fox was aiming at Toka with his bow, Toka just ducked in time for the arrow to hit the fox he had been fighting. The fourth fox came at him, this one seemed to be the leader. He was bigger, more skilled.
The fox sliced his sword across Toka's sword arm, Toka was forced to swop, but this didn't hinder his sword play. He could use either paw, he was ambidextrous. It was just then, Toka felt a terrible pain in his side, he had forgotten about the third fox, and an arrow was now sticking out of his side.