News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Gloomer

Started by Log-a-Log, August 05, 2011, 10:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

who was the gloomer? (I forgot)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Endar Feyblade

A weird demented hairless blind water rat in mossflower.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 11, 2012, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: Blademaster on January 07, 2012, 02:13:27 AM
The Gloomer was in my top five favorite characters in the series. The battle betwean him and the Stormfin was plain epic and I wish he won. (But if wishes were fishes there'd no room left in the river for water.) And he made for an Awsome book report. :P

*Shudder* Boy am I glad Stormfin won!... Really, in all honesty, do you think a Rat could defeat a hungry Pike?

There's a very famous rat who purportedly did just that ;)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Flandor on August 27, 2012, 03:55:00 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on August 11, 2012, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: Blademaster on January 07, 2012, 02:13:27 AM
The Gloomer was in my top five favorite characters in the series. The battle betwean him and the Stormfin was plain epic and I wish he won. (But if wishes were fishes there'd no room left in the river for water.) And he made for an Awsome book report. :P

*Shudder* Boy am I glad Stormfin won!... Really, in all honesty, do you think a Rat could defeat a hungry Pike?

There's a very famous rat who purportedly did just that ;)

Please explain this nonsensical statement.  ;D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Redwall"Cluny had lost an eye.
The pike had lost its life!"

8)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, but Cluny was actually in his right mind and hadn't spent seasons in a dark cave.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Flandor

Well yes, I was just mentioning that it's possible because it's been done by a rat before.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

I would mention Cluny because he had killed a pike.  I suspect the Gloomer could easily kill fish.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Hmph, Stormfin is a Pike too you know. And Cluny had a few advantages.

1. He had weapons at his disposal.

2. He could have fought it from the bank if he wanted too (which is probably how he won.

3. They never said anything about the age, or hunger level of that Pike.

There are probably other things that gave Cluny unfair advantage over the pike he faced (say, vermin helpers).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

Right, but remember Gloomer essentially was a fish, not to mention a pretty vicious creature in his own right.  Id say it was a fair match at the very least.