News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Roleplaying Questions

Started by Rose of Noonvale, July 01, 2011, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

I am so so sorry I didn't mean it in that in way I was just trying to help...  :-[
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Osu

Quote from: Cornflower MM on November 21, 2013, 09:45:26 PM
Question: For example, if I say something that someone else doesn't like, then they sort of get on to me about it, (Just for example!!) and that person gets on to me about stuff in other RPs, what happens? It's really not nice :( I was in a good mood when I got on, and now it's gone after looking at some RPs I'm in. :( :(
If you're comfortable with it, you can always contact the other member through PM and talk it out. Otherwise message a mod. You can also report whichever posts are bothering you and explain why in the comments field.

If you're feeling very emotional just go straight to PMing a moderator, better not to post until you've had a chance to cool off. The best way to keep a conflict from getting out of hand is to avoid feeding the fire while the forum staff look into it.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

Which board do you go to where new RP sign-ups are? Because I've decided to try and be in some new RP, but I'm not sure were all the sign-ups are...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Osu

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 03, 2013, 05:03:56 AM
Which board do you go to where new RP sign-ups are? Because I've decided to try and be in some new RP, but I'm not sure were all the sign-ups are...
On the OOC Discussions childboard. :)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Osu on December 03, 2013, 05:15:53 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 03, 2013, 05:03:56 AM
On the OOC Discussions childboard. :)
Thanks, Osu. :) I'll be sure to join an RP soon!

Ungatt Trunn

Eh, sorry for the double post, but how exactly do you tell if an RP is still open to sign-ups or not?

Dannflower Reguba

You ask, that's the only truly definite way to tell.... Assuming someone replies.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Osu

Make sure there's nothing in the OP or subject line about the RP being closed to new players, then go ahead and post in the OOC thread as per the GM's rules, or PM the GM if you don't want to post in the thread. If they don't say, there's no way to tell, so potential players will have to ask one way or another.

If an RP is only open to a select few players, by name or number, GM's will typically say when they are no longer accepting new applicants in the OOC thread. Look for words like "closed," "username only," or a listing of usernames such as in the Dueling Roulette threads.

Whatever the case, don't be shy! The worst anybody can say is "no," right? And you can always start your own RP if you can't find one that's open or that you're interested in! :)

Ungatt Trunn

@Osu: Well, thanks for the answer. I've been meaning to join an RP for a while now, but there doesn't seem to be any ones open right now. And I want to get some experience with RPs before I start my own. ;)

Faiyloe

What type if character do you have in mind.I know of one or two RPs that havnt even started yet if you like I could send you the links.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Ungatt Trunn

Well, any type of character, really. I don't have any particular character type that I like better than the rest.

Cornflower MM

Oh, and something to keep in mind is that soem GMs will SAY that they're not accepting new people or characters, but (Like me!  ::)) they may be softies and will accept any and all characters. So I'd ask anyways. And you are welcome to join one or both of my RPs, Autumn Harvest RP Thread, and Wildcat Attack! !

KiraSixclaw

soooo does someone have a RP that i can try ouy? im sorta new at this roleplaying stuff

Jukka the Sling

You could try Cornflower MM's RP Autumn Harvest. She always accepts new players! The signup thread is right here.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Blazemane

Quote from: KiraSixclaw on May 15, 2014, 10:38:40 PM
soooo does someone have a RP that i can try ouy? im sorta new at this roleplaying stuff

There are more RPs on here than you could shake a stick at (to borrow a phrase):

http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

If any of those look interesting to you, make a post and ask if you can join!  :)