News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The best writing tool

Started by Redwall Musician, September 17, 2011, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which writing tool is the best?

Pencil
10 (30.3%)
Pen
12 (36.4%)
Mechanical Pencil
9 (27.3%)
Calligraphy Pen
0 (0%)
Marker
1 (3%)
Crayon
0 (0%)
Other
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Redwall Musician

Which writing tool do you like better? I picked mechanical pencil. It's just so much more easier then a regular pencil.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lily

Hmmmm, it depends on what I'm doing. If I'm writing appointments and things down in my diary then I like to use a mechanical pencil because those things can change easily. Also, if I'm writing any kind of Japanese then I use a mechanical pencil because my characters always come out looking funny and I always rub them out and start over. Anything else I like to use a pen because even mechanical pencil tends to go smudgy.

I chose mechanical pencil, though.  :D

Folgrimeo

Pencil, as I might decide to erase or rewrite something (ever have one of those days where you can't read your own handwriting?). The issue I have with pens is they're dark enough to make any crooked letters look especially unpleasant and usually the ink will run dry at times. Mechanical pencil I don't care for as it feels too thin for my liking. And anything else is conversely too broad for my liking.

DanielofRedwall

If you can do calligraphy, calligraphy pens are fantastic. They look really neat. Unfortunately, I'm really horrible at calligraphy, so the simple pen for me! But I always write stories on a Microsoft word document.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

Interesting poll.....I'm a pen guy.  Its permanent in most cases, writes legibly, and won't smear once it dries.  Pencil has a tendency to smear.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Precise-Rolling-Barrel-12-Count/dp/B00006IEBI - these are easily some of the best pens money can buy.  Nice, clear, and precise....they're perfect for my gradebook, and I'd swear money on these.  No cheap Bics here. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Mmmm...I have a weakness for nice pens. I once saw some in a shop that looked like gold. (They probably weren't, though.) If I ever get rich, I'm going to buy an expensive pen. ;D
In other words, I chose pen. :D If I see a pen and a piece of paper near to each other, I usually pick them up and start to draw. ;D I looove pens.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Shinella

Mechanical pencils all the way! I use them for EVERYTHING...! :D
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Lily

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on September 17, 2011, 07:20:28 AM
If you can do calligraphy, calligraphy pens are fantastic. They look really neat. Unfortunately, I'm really horrible at calligraphy, so the simple pen for me! But I always write stories on a Microsoft word document.
I use a brush for the kind of calligraphy I do, but I'm no good at it either.  ;)

brocka

Pens are bold and permanent. They help convey intensity in the writing and to the reader.

Mad Maudie

Changed it to PEN they are so smooth
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

rakkety tam

ink and pen what good is a pen if u have no ink ;)
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwall Musician

Quote from: rakkety tam on September 22, 2011, 07:22:18 PM
ink and pen what good is a pen if u have no ink ;)
I'll have to edit it. I meant a calligraphy pen.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Coobreedan

Pencil, seeing as it can be rubbed out.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.