News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Crews of the Open Breeze RP

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, July 11, 2016, 05:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: so is this private now, or would I be able to be a part of it still? I'd like to try and keep going, Little Seasog is a very interesting character.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey Eul, I'm fine with you taking part. I'm sure PoM wouldn't mind either.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Oh yeah Eul, its fine. And I agree, she is quite compelling.

BIC: "Aye Alf, thanks f'tellin' me. I brought the fella' on 'cause he begged me back at the docks. Odd beast f'sure. Welp, I'll b'on m'way t'see if he snuck out somewhere." With that, he gave the first mate a firm pat on the back and started down the stairs. The pain seemed to only grow going down. If he was right, this model he brought aboard would be one to help him.

After a couple minor trip ups from sickly crew beasts and loose rope, the blue fox captain made it to the bottom deck. Upon entering he was hit with the salty aroma from washed up seawater that had seeped in from last night's excursion. He saw many buckets full of many different liquids upon walking in as well. A quick head turn brought all of that out of his mind.

The captain continued on down the many horrible made bunks of his crew. Oh how real menacing they seemed. Maybe to their mothers. Something else caught his eye however; a small extra pantry door was missing a handle. Strange, seeing as how all the other food storages were all either open or full of some sneaky rat. A slight grin came across Marshall. He approached the door and gave it a swift knock with his supportive broom stick, followed by a whisper to in where the handle would have been.
"Say, Adalgiso, y'b'there? I could use y'help."

Just as he had hoped, the small door creaked open.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: awesome.

BIC: Little Seadog had been on her way up when she passed Marshall. The ferret slowed her pace, then gave in to curiosity and followed shortly behind him. She never came aboard to follow orders and be one of those little fools that ran around on deck with half a mind between the lot of them, she just wanted the treasure. And maybe the ship. Sure, she loved the ship she had being repaired at land, but this one was bigger and better. And she needed a crew to follow orders.

She crouched behind a pile of flour bags, watching and listening as the fox addressed whoever was inside the pantry.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall hurried into the small pantry where he could make out the small outline of the mole. He stood just about as tall as little Timblish, but made up for it by wearing an oversized white robe strapped to him by two belts making an X on his chest. The robe came with a large hood as well, which he draped over his face like some mysterious being; which he was.
"What do you desire, sir," came the creaking smooth sound of his voice. He did not speak like other moles, nor behave like them.
"Well, y'said y'form that port city up near Wooster's Ridge Line, right? Something along Yunder or-"
"Yonderlew Port, sir. And before the Swamp of Eldback."
"Right right. I know f'sure they mainly a bunch o' those healer folk at Yonderlew. Y'b'one of them?"
The mole sat back down on his small stood propped up by his shelf bed. His large claw came to scratch his chin, caressing in a way which seemed isolated.
"Yes, I learned and taught in that life for many a season. All my knowledge still resides upon me and my long aged pupils."

A cheeky grin smeared its way across Marshall's blue face as he began once more.
"Nice. I got t'ask y' a quick favor then. See, last night when I was steerin' this here ship, got cut loose from m'straps and hit m'back, right 'bout here. Can hardly walk."
Even though he was hard to see, the captain could tell Adalgiso was staring right at him with cold hard eyes. They flickered once or twice as he scanned the normal creaks of the ship, and every time the air would grow a bit colder.
"I see. Meet me back here when dinner is called. I will see what I can make."
Marshall nodded quickly and started up.
"Thank y'Adal. Hope y'can stay comfy in here why y'make it!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

Turning the ship's wheel this way and that Alfonso skillfully tacked against the wind, occasionally giving out a lax order to adjust the sails. The Blu Tail was in low action, with most of the deckpaws lounging about waiting for the first mate to give them an order.

Alfonso was enjoying himself, it had been far too long since he'd been at the ship's wheel. Humming an old sea shanty that involved skinned toads and long lost lovers the blonde ferret rested his weight against the wheel and felt at home. This was where he belonged, on the high seas, skimming waves and shouting commands. There could be no better life in all the world.

"Hoy to wheel, ship ahoy!" The lookout Timblish called, breaking into Alfonso's thoughts.

"Oh aye mousie," Alfonso called, glancing up at the nest. "Where away?"

"Two notches to the north, 'eading south parallel to us an' riding the horizon. Looks to be a merchant, we'll lose her to our wake soon enough."

Alfonso grimaced, glancing over his shoulder at the distance dot. Under Marshall's command he had done very little real pirating, and now at the wheel it took all of his self control not to change course and give chase. He had no doubt that the Blu Tail could easily catch a fat merchant vessel, but they were after something much more valuable, and would loose time.
"Keep an' eye on her, if she follows to close or runs let me know. But keep those peepers peeled all around as well, if I see that head fixed in place I'll put me hatchet through it." He'd tell Marshall once he came back on deck, maybe the fox would be itching for some fun too, one never knew.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall pushed back open the knobless door and nodded once again to the odd healer mole he had brought aboard. With a quiet click the pantry was shut, and out of notice once more.

He looked around a bit hoping no one would see him suddenly duck into a broken pantry and mutter some stuff. Would make him look a bit odd; his crew though probably wouldn't mind all the much. Most "pirates" like himself would be amazed to see how many of them joined just for a bit of treasure. But that is how most beasts were in that time.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Eulaliaaa!

Little Seadog remained hidden, having overheard some of the conversation. What kind of captain allowed some unknown creature from some unknown land board the ship? That could be dangerous for everyone, especially herself. Dismissing the thought, Seadog watched Marshall for his next move. This was something she could use against him for sure. Hiding a thing like this from the crew? Letting regular woodlanders board the ship? She could make it look like some treacherous thing when the time was right and the treasure was hers. And if he had hidden all this, how likely was it that he was hiding treasure? Now that was something worth looking into. She stayed where she was, watching Marshall.

LT Sandpaw

"Someone find me th' bloody cap'n!" Alfonso shouted, twisting around to look over his shoulder for what felt like the hundredth time. Contrary to his expectation the 'trader ship' hadn't turned and fled, but pursued, cutting across the waves like a knife, and now rode their starboard wake like a shark waiting to pounce. It had taken some time for the sun to rise enough for him to see the standard that the opposing frigate flew, but now that he did Alfonso's mouth became dry and his paws sweaty.

Rouge Crew Privateers!

The ship, Calamer's Freedom, was close enough to be seen by the naked eye, and Alfonso could pick out the hulking forms of tough sea otters crawling the decks, more than likely armed to the teeth and itching for a fight. Alfonso hadn't hesitated, and the moment he had realized the threat he ordered the Blu Tail's pirate flag to be brought down, in hopes of pretending their ship was a harmless voyager. However chances were that they'd already been caught out.  Which would of course explain why the Calamer's Freedom sailed so close to them now.
On Alfonso's order Timblish was sent scurrying down to the lower decks, in search of Marshall and the rest of the crew. They'd need all paws on deck to come out on top of this one.

OOC: An ocean chase and or battle anyone?

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: sounds like a plan, I'll need a way for Little Seadog to get up to where she can hear this going on without Marshall seeing her. Unless, of course, you want her to be found out, Gonff.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: That's easy, Timblish can summon Marshall and the two of them can run to the top deck, while Little Seadog follows quietly from behind.

Gonff the Mousethief

Timblish was out of the Crow's Nest and onto the deck in no more than a few seconds. This was urgent. The small mouse ran down the length of the ship trying to get to the lower decks calling out,
"On your ready! Ship close!" In response, the crew readied. This caused Timblish to have some trouble reaching the where the captain was, but it was no task as he was only half the size of some of the beasts.

Soon he found Marshall walking away from a pantry in the quarters. He ran to him, panting with fear and exhaustion.
"Marshall, sir. Alfonso s-spotted a ship nearby, he thinks it might be d-dangerous."
The blue fox was caught off guard when Timblish arrived, but grasped the situation as best he could.
"A ship? Alright Timble, get me t'him." He replied. With his broom stick in paw he followed as the young mouse sped off while many of the crewbeasts hurried to their gear and found whatever weapon they could muster. Even if they were dim witted, they still knew when danger was near. While Marshall was shuffling past a couple he noticed Little Seadog crouched behind some flour.
"Little Seadog! Did y'hear, ship b'near. You're a captain, ain't you? I bet y'shoudl know what t'expect out o' this." He told with a quick wink. Even if she was a frightful sight at times, he knew she had experience.

Marshall successfully made it to the top just a bit after Timblish and spotted what was causing the crew to go awry. Even with the shooting pain in his back he somehow managed to make it to Alfonso on the wheel deck.
"Alf, what of the situation?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

Alfonso needed very few words to point out the oncoming ship that now sailed only a couple hundred yards off their starboard.
"Thought they was traders n' I didn' think much of it Cap'n." He explained even as he tacked the ship forward, turning the wheel expertly to fill her sails. "So I disinclined from bothering ye, jus' kept on course. Unfortunately they seem to be followin' us now, and they is gaining. Fast. Ye can see th' ship's name from here, th' Calamer's Freedom, an' she's flying th' rouge crews' colors. Privateers I reckon, an' ye know as well as I wot happens to pirates caught out by such creatures. They ain't inclined to show mercy to seafarers such as ourselves."
The blonde ferret shook his head sliding a claw across his throat to add emphasis to his point. "Orders Cap'n?"

Eulaliaaa!

Seadog tried to look as casual as possible, unsure of what the wink meant. Did he know she had been eavesdropping? The ferret stood up, giving a nod. "Aye, an' it could be nothin'. I'll go an' take a look, mebbe we luck out'n it's a tradin' ship." She followed Marshall up, hearing what Alfonso had to say. She thought for a second, eyeing the ship that was following. As eager to fight as she was, she couldn't take that whole crew single-pawed, and from what she had seen of Marshall's crew, she would be doing that while the others ran about mindlessly due to their incompetence.

"We ain't got a chance of gettin' outta this alive if'n we go fightin' 'em. I'd think o' somethin' fast."

Gonff the Mousethief

The blue eye of the fox scanned the sea and spotted their enemy. Alf was right, they would be outdone in a matter of moments if they took it on. He glances back and forth from the sea to the three crew members before him. As he was about to speak, time froze. Thousands of thoughts flashed through his mind about what would happen in his next move. This would decide the fate of his crew, if they would find their treasure, whether or not he would be respected afterwards. But he did what he felt was the right thing to do.
"Speed 'head. Make sure every man b'armed. I dunno how fast w'can kick on these waves after last night, plus the enemy may b'already faster either way." A slight sigh was let out as Timblish nodded and headed back down running out the captain's orders.
"What y'say Alf? Think we can out run 'em?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.