News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Last Champion, A Riddle and a Promise (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, April 03, 2015, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

The pike had stopped swimming downward and started jerking its head back and forth waiting for the vole to drown. Cailoh reached it already out of breath his lugs felt fit to burst.

He had dived without much of a plan and now he drifted in the water only a few paw lengths away. The fish seemed totally fine with the mouse being so close and ignored it satisfied with its original prey. The vole wasn't struggling so much now and the pike was about to take a bite when Cailoh's fist hit it in the eye.

Releasing the vole who immediately swam strongly for the surface. The pike jerked about its tail smashed into Cailoh sending him reeling though the water. The mouse felt all the air burst out of him, the massive bubbles floated towards the surface and his mouth filled with water.

He floated among the weeds dark spots appeared in his eyes as he felt himself slipping away.

----------------------------------

The skipper of otters dove into the pond javelin at the ready. The fish was just recovering when the big otter reached it. It took one strong thrust of the Javelin to kill the fish. The big otter grabbed the dead aquatic monster pulling it too the surface with him.

-----------------------------------------------

Abbot Leo snatched the young vole from the water and gave him to Rowan who was standing nearby. "Hold him young'un." The old mouse ordered as more Abbey beasts gathered at the waters edge.

OOC: Sage if you don't mind could you rescue Cailoh.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: Right.

BIC: Liko, seeing that the vole was safe, dived back down, looking for  Cai. The telltale swish of water, caused by teh mause's thrashing footpaws, told Aaron where his friend was. The otter used his plank-like rudder to propel himself down to Cai. Grabbing ahold of the mouse's  shirt collar, he swan for the surface.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan held the vole awkwardly, never having been good with dibbuns. She watched the lake nervously, waiting for Liko and Cai to surface.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

The infirmary sister took the young vole from Rowan wanting to treat it injured paw. Everyone else gathered around as Liko pulled the still form a Cailoh to the shore. Abbot Leo immediately went to work pounding heavily on his chest.

The old mouse's efforts were rewarded by a spluttering cough. Cailoh hacked up water and vomit his whole body shaking.

Skipper climbed up out of the water pulling the fish with him. He threw it down angrily wiping his javelin clean. "Pike, I don't know how it managed to get in our pond but it did." Leo nodded as the badger mother picked up Cailoh.

"We'll take these two too the infirmary you lot finish eating and keep everyone out of the pond until the otters give it a good sweep to make sure there's no more pike."

OOC: Okay if you want to do any last posts go ahead then we'll do a time jump ;)

Hickory

Liko hastily switched out of his drenched habit into a clean one. Hurrying back along the hallway, he caught a glimpse of Cai being lead to the Infirmary. The otter grabbed his herb bag from the pond and went back to his room.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan sighed, her appetite suddenly lost. She decided to sit in the orchard, balancing high up in the branches of a tree as she daydreamed.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Were doing slight time jump, its now evening of the same day and dinner is already served and eaten and some creatures had already gone to bed.

BIC: Only a few small candles lit the infirmary but It was enough to see by. The water vole had recovered from the incident. It lay with its paw swathed in bandages and herbs, asleep. Cailoh on the other paw was very much awake. He had suffered nothing worse then a slight concussion and a slightly sore throat and he was restless.

Fearing he would wake the vole with his activities. The kind Infirmary sister finally agreed to allow him to leave on the condition he would take everything easy for the rest of the night. Cailoh proceeded to leap down the stairs two at a time in search of his friends.

(The Immortal's Kingdom)

A high backed throne dominated the center of a large underground chamber. Upon the throne sat none other then Vurrsca. He was older now but he still looked strong as ever. The vicious long claws scraped against the sides of the throne with a sickening sound.

All around him lizard guards marched their dry hisses filling the large room. Red dots had been painted at certain spots marking them as royal guards. A flurry of scaled claws sounded and a young lizard ran into the room and bowed before Vurrsca.

"Sssilth isss ready for you massster." It hissed remaining in it kneeling position. Vurrsca laid a paw on the red stone on the hilt of his sword.

"Perfect."

OOC: Vurrsca's story is necessary to advance the plot and its happening at roughly the same time as ours.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan saw Cailoh and smiled, "Hey, how are you? Are you ok?" She asked, following him.

Hickory

OOC: when you say "Silth" do you mean the Marlfox Queen?

BIC: Aaron saw the end of Rowan's tail and broke into a run, finally reached Cai and the squirrel. "Hy, Cai,, feeling better already. See, Rowan? Nothing to be afraid of in water." The otter fashed a toothy grin at Rowan.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan shuddered, "I'm never going near that pond again! Urgh, unless it's dead and I'm about to eat it, keep fish away from me!" She complained, fidgeting with her tail.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: no the Marlfox queen will not be making an appearance in this RP however it is the same name. ;) Good Catch.

He grinned at Rowan as she ran up to him. "Hey Rowan, oh yes I'm fine." Cailoh waved as Liko drew nearer, he laughed at Rowan's reaction to Liko's joke.

"Well whether or not anyone is allowed in that pond again is up to old Abbot Leo. You know, something about that makes me want to remember something, but I can't put my claw on what it is. Oh well I guess its not important, you two want to go up on the wall?"
He asked wanting to get out of the Abbey before they were sent to their dormitories. He knew it would take longer for the elders to find them out on the wall.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan grinned, "I'd love to," she said, looking at Liko, "You may be able to swim when I can't, but just try to out climb a squirrel!" She said, then darted off in the direction of the walls.

LT Sandpaw

Chasing after her Cailoh allowed Rowan to run ahead, something was nagging at the back of his head. Like something he was supposed to remember but had forgotten.

He trotted out onto the grass feeling a slight twinge in his head as he ran. The mouse checked behind him and something flashed in his memory. A brilliant sword. He recognized it from the great tapestry hanging in the great hall, the sword of Martin the Warrior.

He slowed calling out to his friends before they reached the wall.

"Wait, hold on chums I have something I need to go look at."

(The Immortal's Kingdom)

Vurrsca walked along regally his black robes swirled around him and his dark eyes seemed to glow. One could say he was just a normal ferret, maybe slightly larger then he should be. With massive iron claws and black smoke that seemed to swirl up from his fur. But you would be a dead beast before you could finish the sentence.

Vurrsca wasn't king of the Southeast for nothing. He walked down long tunnels of his underground kingdom followed by Lizard guards. Dismissing them at the end of the last passage he paced up to a large door unaccompanied. Stationed there was a lizard and ferret guard. They moved aside quickly so that Vurrsca could enter.

He closed his eyes for a moment, then without a single look backwards he pushed the door open.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan skidded to a halt, then started walking back towards Cailoh, "What is it, Cai? Seeing if you can get a few candy chestnuts without being caught?" She asked.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: SaaaaAAAAaaaaage TiiiiiiIIIIiiiiip where have thou gone?