News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

"Does it have to?" Bryant joked. "But, watch out for her next missile...It could be anything." Bryant warned, remembering the time his sister had uprooted a small tree and thrown it at him.

The Skarzs

Argunath went to the lawns with Rosemary, setting down his finished platter. "Have you a sling?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feshr and the other captains made the horde move at a swift jog, not intending them to stop until they reached their destination. The cat was confident their large force would crush the foolish woodlanders.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Aye. Right here, around my waist." Rosemary grinned, unwinding it. It was an old one, but it good.

The Skarzs

"Good; now," he picked up a stone, looking at it for a moment; it was much to large a stone for the mouse, so he found a pebble a better size. "Get a proper grip on the sling, and set the stone in the pouch. Swing it back and forth a little as you judge the distance you wish to throw. If you want to make an arching throw, swing it in an underpaw circle. If you want a straighter shot, do it overpaw."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Like this?" Rosemary asked, doing it completely wrong.

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: You guys may want to go ahead as Bryony and Aggril to Salamandastron for a while. Willow's there, and if you need him, just PP him if necessary.  :P I really don't know what to post, seeing as I've been gone for a while.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Cornflower MM

OOC: EUUURGHH!!!!!! Now I have to take control of Willow, too?!?!?!?!?! Ay yi yi.....IS THIS WORTH IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan was dumbfounded. She'd heard the horde was quite large, but a thousand? She hadn't expected that at all. "Um, wow," the ottermaid replied, chuckling nervously. "I hope the creatures on their way to Salamandastron get there in time. How many able-bodied beasts do we have at the moment?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"Yeah, I know." Arya sighed, doing a mental tally in her head. "Ummm....I'd say the Abbey has 500, the woodlanders are about 100, and I don't know how many Salamandastron will send. That's, roughly, two to one. Then again, we have the walls. That counts in our favor."

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: Nvm, I'm available for now.

Willow was absolutely exhausted. He had been overly excited for this trip, up until about now. His legs felt weak, and his feet felt heavy. He walked grudgingly along till he dropped over onto a tree. He sighed, and moaned.

"Can we take a break now?" He said.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Skarzs

Aggril glanced at Bryony, stopping for a moment. "Well, mate, we can stop for a bit, but we've gotta keep movin'. I know you're not used to this sort of thing, so we'll wait a little."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No, not like that," Argunath growled softly. "Hold one end between your last two claws, and the other between your thumb and foreclaw, like this," he helped her position her sling.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Willow breathed a sigh of relief. He could rest. He laid down on his bedroll and yawned.

"So, how much longer d'you it'll take us to reach the mountain?"

The Skarzs

Aggril grumbled. "If it were just me, I'd push meself as fast as I could and make it there in a week. But Miss Optimistic over here says it's gonna take us a season."
The otter sighed as he opened his pack for a small meal. "It doesn't really matter how soon we can get there; what's more important is that we do get there."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Okay, so we have more beasts than I thought. And the walls are a bonus," Kaylan replied, somewhat relieved. She fiddled for a moment with her bowstring, then asked, "So, do you know where the horde is positioned at this moment?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"Not ecatly. But there should be scouts out." Arya replied, noting Kaylan's relief. "Have you ever been in a big battle before?" She kindly asked.
--------------------------------
"No, I'm saying it took Martin a season. The land's changed since then. I may know someone who knows someone who knows a major shortcut." She added. going up a tree a short distance and sitting on a branch.