News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Arya thought for a moment. "Well, for now I think I'm going to go take a bath, then I'm going to do some writing. Okay?" she said, then started slowly for the stairs.

Jetthebinturong

Drawing, Dave decided, was the best thing for him to do when he was bored but what to draw THIS time? Out of the twenty-eight pages he had drawn on (he flicked through them) in his book (It was fairly new, he still had others) twelve pages had drawings of his brother, four had drawings of his friends, three pages had drawings of his old fox "friend" and the rest were random landscapes or miscellaneous creatures. It should come as no surprise that when he re-opened the book to a random page, he found himself staring at the most common drawing in the book. His brother's eyes stared out at him from the page, he was smirking in that cocky, self-assured way he always had, the way he had still looked when he answered the door to Captain Ondartet. The memories came back, not strong enough to consume him this time, but strong enough to wound and to hurt and to break.

Knock knock knock
Creaking
"Ondy, to what do I owe the pleasure?"
An evil smile
"You might want to ask young David about that"
Fear
Wide-eyed, clinging to Bro's leg
White hot tears
"I'm so sorry!"
A cruel smile
"And so you should be, you've brought death down on yourself and those you love"
Growling
"Leave him alone"
Laughter
"Sorry, we were told to make this slow"

A new reason to live does not outweigh an old reason to die. Dave stood abruptly and hurried out of Cavern Hole
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Arya was surprised when one of the new cats came hurrying out of Cavern Hole, almost running into her. "Whoa! Where's the fire, young 'un?" She asked, only semi-teasing.

Jetthebinturong

Dave shrugged and smiled apologetically, moving to the side and continuing on his way

Jukka the Sling

"Okay," Kaylan replied. She turned to go back outside, but then saw Dave emerge from Cavern Hole, rather quickly. She recognized him as the mute one. Wonder what his story is, she thought. For that matter, what's Arya's story? She was almost scared to know what had happened to her friend, and half wished she hadn't asked. Wrapped in her thoughts, she wandered back outside, heading back to where she'd been practicing outside the Gatehouse.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Arya raised her eyebrow, muttered something under her breath about how rude beasts were this days, and continued up the stairs. Having episodes always made her cranky, she realized as she filled her tub.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan reached the Gatehouse, pulled an arrow from her quiver, and sent it flying into the tree trunk, as she reflected on what had happened so far that day. After seasons of believing that vermin could never change, she had accepted that not all vermin were evil and had apologized to a cougar. On top of that, she had discovered that her new friend Arya had a terrible past that the ottermaid wasn't even sure if she wanted to know about. It was a crazy day by anyone's standards.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

As Arya got into the tub, and was thinking about how she'd put her story down.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan continued shooting arrows and retrieving them, her thoughts turning to the wildcat horde. She was still a bit worried about how she'd do in an actual battle.

Jetthebinturong

Dave quickly made his way across the lawns, mounting the wallsteps, his heart beating in tune with the sound of his feet slapping on the stone. He stepped out onto the battlements and climbed on top of one of the crenelations, he undid his sword belt and dropped it behind him, maybe they'd find it later and realize what had happened. Dave's heart pounded against his ribcage. Just do it. He shuffled over to the very edge of the wall. Just one little step. he raised his foot. One little step and this will all be over. His head felt lighter. Just one little step and you can see your brother again. He felt dizzy. One little step. He felt like he was going to be sick. Do it. He turned around, stepped back onto the battlements and collapsed sobbing against the wall. Coward

Cornflower MM

Out of character. What do you guys think of a parttwo?

The Skarzs

Argunath had witnessed all that had happened, and was curious at Arya: her wound had not closed; peculiar. He himself tended to heal quickly, but the squirrel's wound was. . . odd. He allowed the abbey creatures to work by themselves, staying out of the way lest he cause some harm. When they had left, he stayed on the lawn, looking at Kaylan's bow. A sharp pain in his knee caused him to twitch in pain as the memory brought back what he had done. The cougar walked away, noticing Dave up on the battlements. What was he doing? The smaller cat looked as if he were to. . . "Don't be a danged fool," he muttered, hurrying to the wall. Something stopped the cat from jumping, and he stepped back down. Relieved that Dave had not taken the fatal step, Argunath went slowly to him.

OOC: Sounds good, because this is getting a little, y'know, slow. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Out of the corner of her eye, Kaylan saw Argunath cross the lawns and head up the wallstairs. She stopped shooting for a moment and turned to see what he was doing. The ottermaid then realized that the mute cat was also up on the wall; she hadn't noticed him before, seeing she was preoccupied. She wondered briefly what was up, but then decided it was none of her concern and resumed practicing.

OOC @Corny: Fine with me.

Cornflower MM

Out of character. Okay, that leaves Jet.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Yeah I'm fine with that and this does seem like a perfect stopping point