News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

OOC: Because the character Shadow is not in this any more, I will have to disregard all I have previously written on Argunath and go in a different direction with his part.

BIC: Argunath had been travelling for over three seasons, wandering about the lands, keeping to himself. Now, while travelling through some thick woods, he happened across a path. Hmm, he wondered. It was a nice change from fighting through unfamiliar land, and roads always lead somewhere. After walking along the road for hours, the cougar caught sight of a massive sandstone building. He had heard rumors of such a place, and now he could see where these legends came from. Supposedly being good beasts, he hoped the inhabitants would let him in, at least for a little while, for he needed to resupply on food and other materials. Clanking up to the great gates in his heavy armor, he curled his great hooked paw into a fist and knocked three times upon the solid door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grag was enjoying being able to not have any in his company for the time being. They could be annoying, and noise was something he knew he did not want. Noting the wicker gate and the high walls of the south side of the abbey, he was suddenly aware of a noise from behind. He turned quickly, and saw it was one of his scouts that he had sent to the west wall. "Well," the leopard growled. "What do you have to report?" The other cat answered warily.
"We were scouting out the west wall, just like you said, when we saw another cat, almost as tall as you, walk to the gates and knock on them. He may be one of them."
Grag was not unduly worried; if it was a cat, he would probably not be an enemy, neither to them nor the creatures of Redwall. "Alright, just go back to your spot; we'll need to keep an eye on this newcomer, no matter whose side he be on."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: Any chance that I could be involved in this plot again?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

OCC: I need Shadefur to post soon so that me amd him can continue our line.

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

Over by the south side, Yassen eyed the wicket gate thoughtfully. Strolling up to it, he gave it a good shove, however, it didn't budge. Even if he had picked the lock, there was some sort of bar securing the door. Turning to his companion, he said, "Nah, I don't think there's any chance of breaking in with the equipment we've got."

Scarfang wasn't the sharpest knife in the block, and he illustrated this by staring dumbly at the gate and saying,  "But can't you just pick the lock?"

Yassen groaned. The only reason he had chosen Scarpaw was because the cat was one of the strongest of the horde. Unfortunately, he lacked seriously in the brains department.

"Even if we did get in, we don't have the power to take the abbey."

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Cornflower MM

OOC: Shade, please post as Falco and Reven soon. ATTENTION EVERYONE! Iamthatis will not be posting anymore, and please disregard his and Skarzs posting concerning each other! Norham, jump in! I can't hsndle any more characters, so you'd better post soon! :)

BIC: Bryant smiled, and after holding a silent conversation with his sister, jumed down behind the cougar. "Hello there! Wanting to get intot he Abbey? Well, as they say, friend, or foe?" He twirled his tail waiting for the cat to answer.
--------------------
Rosemary heard the knocking and was about to call out, when she heard Bryant. She chuckled, and waited for the unknown beast to answer.

The Shade

OOC: Where are they again?

Cornflower MM

OOC: Going to the Kitchens for food, and Arya's holding the big, heavy, Abbey door open for them.

The Skarzs

OOC: @Shade: remember that the reason for the scouting expedition is just that: scouting. The cats are not supposed to try to gain entry :P Thanks!
@Corny: please do not forget the size difference between Bryant (what is he?) and Argunath, like an apple to a watermelon. ;D

BIC: Argunath looked down at Bryant, and bowed stiffly in his armor. "Hello. I'm afraid I cannot say whether I am a friend or not, because I do not know if you are a friend or not. What I can say is that I am in need of assistance, for I am low on supplies. If some beast may be kind enough to help me with this, I will not press your hospitality any more than I need to, and I shall be on my." He waited for the (?) to answer, realizing he had his paw resting on the pommel of his falcate. He removed it slowly, remembering that these creatures were peaceful, or so he was told.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Bryant and his sis Bryony are squirrels, my favourite Redwall animal.

BIC: Bryant grinned, "Oh, well. Let me out it this way: Are you a friend or foe to those of Redwall Abbey, whose main gate you're standing in front of?" He was aware of the cat's paw on his sword, and was tensed to put a rock in his sling, which was at the moment serving him as a belt. He knew that Bryony would have also spotted this and would more than likely be ready to leap on him. Even if he was a lot bigger than them, when they got together and attacked, they were almost unstoppable, and it was two to one in their favor. He relaxed a little bit when he took his paw of the hilt, but he was still ready for anything. You never knew these days who was your friend.

The Skarzs

OOC: Thanks, I'll fix it.

BIC: The cougar saw the squirrel tense at his sword; it was not hard to tell he was ready for anything, and would attack even a giant. He extended a massive, gauntleted paw in greeting, trying to show he was not going to start trouble. "Well, you do not seem to be one to attack those without reason; I have been told by others you were a peaceful bunch. I am a friend to those with good in their heart, and an enemy to those who would harm the innocent. Due to the cautions you are taking in making sure those who enter are trustworthy, it seems this place is in some unknown danger. I may be able to help. I will trust you if you will trust me." He smiled, exposing sharp white teeth like javelin points; he hoped the squirrel would not distrust him for his savage appearance. In one last act of faith, he unsheathed his falcate and placed it on the ground. "If you are still not to trust my word, then, on my honor, I will not defend myself should you attack."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Bryony's hidden in a tree!

BIC: Bryant relaxed even more when the cougar laid his sword down. "Oh, I don't live in Redwall, but my sister Bryony and I often visit. And as long as you aren't with the horde of wildcats coming to get Redwall, then I have no reason to fire my sling at you; and Bryony won't have to jump on you out of that tree."

The Skarzs

OOC: Terribly sorry, I thought they were on the ramparts.

BIC: The cougar furrowed his brows. "An army of wild cats? I did not know of this threat. If thus is the reason for your caution, then it may be better that I help you." He picked up his sword again and sheathed it. "Shall we go in? And your sister needs a little practice in camouflage. Hello, little squirrel! Come down, you cannot stay up there all day." He smiled slightly at the squirrels; he was glad it had not come to a fight and their sad ending.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

OCC: Can the players of the questers please come and start the journey with me?

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Skarzs

OOC: Maybe they can meet Argunath and Bryant at the gate. . . ? Also, I need him to go inside before I can do anything else with Grag :P Sorry for the waiting game, Shade.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

OOC: Nah, no worries mate.