News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Argunath growled as he saw two forms come out onto the lawns.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan continued sprinting across the lawns, following the Abbess.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Abbess Rosemary slowed down, and said quietly, "Kaylan. I know you're behind me. Now, I want you to keep an arrow nocked, and if he tries to kill me, shoot him in some nonlethal place, to distract him so I can get away. Understand?" She asked, then she strode forward a few more feet, and called, "Argunath! Calm down!"

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan obeyed, swiftly pulling an arrow out of her quiver and nocking it to her bowstring. She watched the cougar warily in the dusky twilight as Rosemary approached him.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

The enraged cougar didn't care who it was who spoke. He roared as he made a great leap toward her. His leg wound had opened back up, as well as a couple others. The pain went unnoticed by Argunath, who reached at Rosemary's throat to pick her up.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

OOC: I feel like I shouldn't be interupting a good fight scene. Oh well.  ::) BIC:

The two squirrels exchanged worried glances. Five minutes? Surely the abbey wasn't that long. Falco was the first to realize Arya had been joking. He felt unbelievably dim-witted. Maybe it was the rich food. Or the ale. One of the two.

~~~~~~

What's he signing?" Yassen asked. He didn't have a clue what sort of gestures this sketching cat was making meant, but than, judging by some of Bryony's reactions, maybe he didn't want to know. But he was still curious.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan reacted instantly. Dodging to the side so she wouldn't accidentally shoot the Abbess, the ottermaid drew back her bowstring in the same movement and launched an arrow in the direction of Argunath's leg.

The Skarzs

OOC: Mind if I do a little PPing? It won't really hurt anyone.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: You're asking me, right? If so, okay.

The Skarzs

OOC: Thanks.

BIC: Argunath grunted as the arrow dug into his lower leg. He turned toward the new aggressor, and screamed as only a mountain cat can. Rushing forward as well as he could, he caught Kaylan by her throat, lifted her from the ground. But as he glared at her, his thinking began to clear. His hackles relaxed, and the crimson in his eyes dimmed. "Wha. . .?" he said quietly.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

When Argunath rushed towards her, Kaylan was so surprised she didn't even have time to react. He grabbed her by her throat and she dropped her bow, choking as she frantically tried to pry his fingers from her neck. Then he seemed to calm slightly, but didn't put her down. She was unable to breathe properly and was sure she was going to die.

The Skarzs

"Why?"
Argunath could only barely think. Suddenly he realized he was choking the ottermaid named Kaylan. Setting her down swiftly, he stumbled backward. "No, what have I done?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Now I've been thinking... would you actually start choking right away if someone picked you up by your throat, or would it take a few minutes? :P

BIC: Kaylan stepped back and caught her breath, then glared at Argunath and quickly picked up her bow. "Stand back!" she yelled angrily, stepping in front of Abbess Rosemary and nocking a shaft to her bowstring. "Stand back! I'm not afraid to use this again!"

The Skarzs

Argunath went on one knee, setting a clenched fist on the ground. "Do it," he spoke quietly. "Rid the world of another monster."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Taken aback, Kaylan lowered her bow slightly. "What?"