News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

David rolled his eyes at the squirrel's apparent stubbornness and started after the cat, walking alongside him whilst signing rude things. Hey, what else would you do if you were with someone who didn't understand what you were saying? Of course you're going to swear at them in as many ways as possible then laugh at their apparent confusion, this was the only logical course of action Dave thought. Well, not so much with the laughing, even if he could David was too cool for laughing or at least that's what he told himself, the real reason was because you shouldn't give out your emotions freely, emotions get people hurt, emotions are dangerous.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Bryony got to zero and caught up with them. "Hey, quit signing those things, please." She said, being rather uncomfortable with David signing rude and impolite things, while the other cat had no idea what Dave was signing.

Jetthebinturong

David frowned Hey, don't ruin my fun he signed he didn't even have enough time to get confused yet he paused I don't actually care, just clarifying that that was a joke, not being able to convey sarcasm is really annoying. Anyway, don't try to talk to me unless I don't realize when we get to the abbey. and with that he pulled out his sketchbook, flipped to a new page and began drawing again. This time it was a full-body portrait of a fox, a young fox by the looks of him, with a haughty look on his face and a straight sabre by his side. Underneath the drawing David scrawled a great many words, the kindest among these were "liar", "traitor" and "jerk"

Cornflower MM

"Okay, okay." Bryony sighed, then raised an eyebrow at his drawing, wincing at the words underneath. Then, looking ahead, she estimated that the Abbey was only about fifteen more minutes.

Jetthebinturong

When Dave was done with the fox he flipped onto the next page and sketched out a circular house with a pointed roof, adding in a garden with a shed in it and a fence around the garden before adding a slightly open door. Without thinking he drew a group of silhouettes, foxes and weasels, carrying weapons. Nononononono you idiot, why did you draw that?!?!? he mentally berated himself as flashes of memories sprang unbidden into his mind, they were terrifying. He mewled like a pathetic kitten as his eyes brimmed with tears which fell and splashed onto the paper below, blurring some of the lines. He dropped the sketchbook and fell back against a tree, clutching at his head and begging the memories to go away, why wouldn't they go away?

Fists thudding against flesh, the sound of steel clashing on steel, laughter, blood, "No stop", "What was that Strider?", "STOP", more laughter, "HE'S JUST A KID", the laughter didn't let up, "PLEASE!"

Dave was breathing heavily, trapped in his mind as he shrank to the floor and curled into a ball, why wouldn't it stop?

OOC: Perhaps a tad dramatic. I wasn't planning to do this until later but people'd stopped posting and I couldn't think of anything else so yeah, have a traumatized cat.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Hey, I like dramatic! What's wrong with dramatic?

BIC: Bryony glanced over when she heard mewling, and was startled to see David crying, then dropping his book and staggering over to a tree, hugging his head. "Dave? Dave!" She said, then remembered an old mouse that seemed to have done something like this before...."David! It's only in your head, it's just memories...Just memories! C'mon, Dave, snap out of it! Nothing like what's in your head here. LKisten to me...David, it's alright." She said, then took his shoulders and gently shook him, trying to get him out of his head.

OOC: Slight PP there; Want me to change it?

Jetthebinturong

OOC: No it's fine, what I was expecting and hoping in fact

Dave felt himself being shook and heard a voice calling his name, it snapped him back to reality and he could vaguely remember what Bryony had said Memories can hurt he signed thanks for that anyway he sighed Maybe it's not the best idea for me to go to Redwall, you said they were being attacked by cats well that's automatically a point against me. Then you take the fact that I'm broken beyond repair and I'm gonna freak them out and they'll kick me out so I might as well save them the hassle and just not go.

The Skarzs

OOC: I had to chuckle a little bit thinking about how ironic it is what David is thinking when Argunath has already had a berserk fit back at the abbey. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"David! Broken beyond repair? No one is! Well, except those who are dead. But, anyways! You're not dead! And, if I'm any judge of age, I'd say you've still got a lot of your life ahead of you. Yes, memories can hurt...You've just got to master them....Don't let them master you. Easier said than done, though. AND, they've already got a cat at the Abbey! Who showed up today! As for freaking them out, well, they'll deal! And you're going, alright, even if I need to tie you up. Got it?" Bryony scolded, silently relieved.

The Skarzs

Argunath was wrenched from his slumber as a dream from the past came back to haunt him in his sleep. Breathing heavily, he rested his head back on the stone parapet, quietly calming himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Willow. . . ?" Aggril asked again. "What's going on?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Oh, for grief's sake would someone please PM Nor?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Thank you! Has he been seen lately?

The Skarzs

OOC: You kidding? He was on about ten minutes ago. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 08, 2014, 04:49:12 PM
"David! Broken beyond repair? No one is! Well, except those who are dead. But, anyways! You're not dead! And, if I'm any judge of age, I'd say you've still got a lot of your life ahead of you. Yes, memories can hurt...You've just got to master them....Don't let them master you. Easier said than done, though. AND, they've already got a cat at the Abbey! Who showed up today! As for freaking them out, well, they'll deal! And you're going, alright, even if I need to tie you up. Got it?" Bryony scolded, silently relieved.

David got to his feet and turned away from her after about two minutes he sighed and turned back I used to think that way too but I've been proven wrong, I watched someone who had always seemed unbreakable crack into a million god-damned pieces and he was definitely broken beyond repair and it was my fault. Tears started to fall again but he wiped them away angrily before continuing He always treated life as if it was one big game, took everything easy, got in trouble with the *******s who's territory we lived in? He stared 'em down, cool as ice, it took all of their resources to bring him down, didn't have to do anything to him, he wouldn't break no matter how hard they hit, if I'd have been as tough as him they would have just given up and gone home but after I broke, he broke too. He resorted to begging, he was just sitting there tied to a chair screaming and this was a guy who had never raised his voice in his entire life and he was broken for the rest of his life admittedly that wasn't a very long time but he was broken beyond repair. He snorted at her next comment Are you actually serious? I have got a long life ahead of me yeah, so long as I'm still too much of a coward to run myself through. I'm sixteen Bryony, sixteen. I'm way too young for this ********. The younger you are, the more easily you break and I definitely broke easily. He stared at her I'll come to Redwall, if only to stop myself from being tied up because honestly it was horrible the first time and I never intend for it to happen again but you've only got yourself to blame if your idiotic plan backfires and they kick me out, it'll probably be worth it just to see you eat your words.