News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

David eyed the paw warily before finally taking it. He let go almost immediately and scribbled in his notebook I'm Dave or David, whichever you prefer. You're Bryony's brother right? Can you also read sign? Writing gets a bit boring and repetitive Wow he even rambled when he was writing, who knew? Okay so maybe that was rambling earlier when he first met Bryony with all that talking about how he couldn't speak stuff. Okay that was definitely rambling, there was no maybe about it. He handed the book to Bryant
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

"Yes, I'm Bryony's little brother. It's nice to meet you, Dave. Um, I can read sign, just not very much. At all. But, hey, practice makes perfect, right?" Bryant saiud, then tossed the little notebook lightly. He was studying this cat, and he was liking what he was seeing. He seemed to be friendly, and nice. Well-mannered, too.

The Shade

Yassen wasn't sure how to feel as he stepped inside. He shot a quick glance at the huge cat. Had he realized who he was? Almost certainly. Oh well, at least he hadn't had his head ripped off. Yet. Now for some vittles...

He tapped the Bryant fellow on the shoulder. "Hey... I'm Yassen. Know where the dining room is?"
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

The Skarzs

Argunath looked hard at Yassen; he recognized him from somewhere, possibly from when he was in a berserk rage. His mind did not work properly at such times, and, while some memories were vivid and nightmarish, others were distant and clouded. Trying to delve into those memories and awaken them was not an easy task, and sometimes took indefinite periods of time. The cougar shut the gate, securing the solid oak doors with the sturdy bar across them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Bryant glared at Yassen. "First, don't touch me unless I invite you to touch me first. Got that? Second, of course I know where the Kitchens are." Bryant said, rather colder than he intended. He did not like being touched, unless it was by, say, Bryony, or the Abbess. But unless he knew you really well, you did not touch him until he stuck out his paw to be shook or something. And even then, he preferred it if the pawshake was short. Like Dave's.

OOC: Shade, could you post as Reven? I'll quote my last Arya post...
Quote"I was going to ask Kaylan for something. And, no, I don't sleep here." Arya said, smiling.
This is from May 13. Shade, you really need to pay more attention!

The Shade

OOC: Yikes. Sorry about that.  :P BIC:

Reven grinned. "Well, I figured as much. I suppose I'll see ya soon, it's getting late." He smiled one last time before going back into the guest room, yawning as he did so. It had been a rather long day.

~~~~~~

Yassen shrugged. He hadn't meant to insult the squirrel, but also couldn't help in if Bryant took offence. "Couldn't you just point me in direction then, please?" he asked.

The wildcat glanced around, sensing he was being watched. His heart skipped a beat as he realized in was the enormous cat. Increasingly nervous, he quickly looked away, wondering if he had been recognised.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Cornflower MM

"I'll do better - I'll take you there." Bryant replied coldly, still upset over Yassen's touching him. "I don't think you ever told your name, though, cat." He added, then addressed Dave: "Are you hungry, Dave? There's plenty of food." His tone was somewhat warmer. Just then, the Abbess and Bryonu came up. "HEllo, all! I'm Mother Abbess Rosemary." The Abbess said, a bit out of breath.
----------------------------------------------
Arya smiled once again, and got up. She continued on to Kaylan's room, without any other incident.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan was a light sleeper, so upon hearing a pawstep outside her door, she awoke. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes and asked, "Uh, who's there?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: I've noticed that the questors and the people at the Abbey are at two different times, I'm just going to make it twilight, okay? It's going backwards a bit, but I hope no one minds...Just so y'all know.

BIC: Arya tapped the door, and said, "Hey, Kaylan, it's me, Arya. I was just wondering if you had any flights?"

Jetthebinturong

Dave shook his head at Bryant's question and turned to face the abbess, raising a hand in greeting. Had Bryony explained his situation? He'd find out soon

Cornflower MM

"Hello. Are you the the mute oine or the rude one?" Rosemary said, following Bryony's descriptions.

Jetthebinturong

Dave gave another one of those raspy chuckles The mute one he wrote but I'm rude too when I'm in the right mood. David Strider, pleased to meet you

OOC: He flips between proper grammar and language and improper grammar and language seemingly at random, as you may be able to tell from previous posts

Cornflower MM

OOC: Ah...Well, it must be tiring. Hell, I do it too! When I first start out handwriting a letter or something, my grammer's great....For the first half or so. Then, it goes out the door.

BIC: Rosemary smiled. "I see..." Then she switched to sign language: "Are you sure you're not hungry? OR thirsty?"

Jetthebinturong

David raised his eybrow, smiling a little. That was unexpected, two people who knew sign language in one day? Well night, whatever. Positive I'm not hungry he signed and I've got drinks on me if I get thirsty. All I really am is tired

The Skarzs

Argunath slipped away from the enlarging group, not wishing to speak with the abbess, for he had attacked her, and nearly killed Kaylan. Besides that, he was getting increasingly tired, and his wounds ached. He limped off to the wall again.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.