News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"Oh, come on. I'm sure you didn't make a fool of yourself," Kaylan said lightly, trying to reassure her friend. Actually, she had sort of thought Arya was acting a little weird the night before, but she knew nothing about romance, so who was she to judge?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Dave shook his head

You misunderstand, I am not ashamed of my eyes, I hide them because of what others have done because of them he smirked personally I think they're cool. He frowned as he addressed the next point Yes I was younger not by much though, only three seasons and I'm technically still a child, I'm sixteen. He was about to hand the book over when he remembered something We should probably go down to breakfast
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

The cougar's stomach growled loudly. He chuckled. "Yes, that might be wise." He limped down the stairs, leaving a small, dripping trail of blood from his wound he had received the night before.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 04, 2014, 10:13:10 PM
"Oh, come on. I'm sure you didn't make a fool of yourself," Kaylan said lightly, trying to reassure her friend. Actually, she had sort of thought Arya was acting a little weird the night before, but she knew nothing about romance, so who was she to judge?

"Do you really think so?" Arya asked as they approached the tables. Then she bit her lip, swallowed her pride, and told Kaylan something. "Um, Kaylan.....I think I might have the smallest, tiniest bit of a crush on Reven." She confessed, then stole a glance at the otter's face.

The Skarzs

Argunath opened the door to the abbey, waiting until Dave entered before he could close it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Dave went inside, nodding his thanks to Argunath and made his way across the great hall. He had only gone about ten paces when he realised he had no idea where he was supposed to be going.

The Skarzs

"This way."
Argunath led him to Cavern Hole, where he saw Arya and Kaylan talking. Passing it off as just another conversation, he found an empty space.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Really?" Kaylan inquired, not terribly surprised. Her attention was momentarily diverted when Argunath and Dave walked by, and she eyed them for a moment, wondering where the third cat was. Then she noticed Yassen sitting at a table stuffing his face. She clenched her fists in frustration, processing the fact that there really were three cats at Redwall, but then turned back to Arya. "So, um, do you think he likes you?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Dave was looking around for the abbess, didn't she say she wanted to talk to him? He saw her sitting in a big chair at the head of the table and made his way towards her

OOC: If she's not at breakfast yet, tell me

The Skarzs

Argunath was still uncomfortable around the other abbeybeasts; he filled a platter with food and left for an unoccupied corner to eat. Seasons of living open to the elements and in constant survival mode had made him that way.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 06, 2014, 09:25:33 PM
"Really?" Kaylan inquired, not terribly surprised. Her attention was momentarily diverted when Argunath and Dave walked by, and she eyed them for a moment, wondering where the third cat was. Then she noticed Yassen sitting at a table stuffing his face. She clenched her fists in frustration, processing the fact that there really were three cats at Redwall, but then turned back to Arya. "So, um, do you think he likes you?"
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 06, 2014, 10:01:16 PM
Dave was looking around for the abbess, didn't she say she wanted to talk to him? He saw her sitting in a big chair at the head of the table and made his way towards her

OOC: If she's not at breakfast yet, tell me

Rosemary noticed Dave, and got up and went over. "Good morning, Dave. Sleep well? I saved you a seatr." She said, motioning over to were she sat - There was an empty seat next to the big chair.
-----------------------------------
"I don't know, Kaylan! I don't even really know what to say, or do around him." Arya admitted, blushing a little bit.

Jetthebinturong

Dave nodded to her question and sat down. So what did you want to talk about? he signed

Cornflower MM

"Well...." Abbess Rosemary hesitated, then decided to just blurt it out in one big rush: "What would you think if I could find a way to help you talk again?" She said, then bit her lip, anxiously watching Dave's face...Or what she could see of it.

Jetthebinturong

Dave was tired of hiding, Argunath didn't care, he didn't care about his eyes or his scars, maybe they wouldn't either. He pulled down his hood and looks Rosemary in the eyes That's literally impossible he pulled down the neck of his tunic to show her the scar that ran across his throat I'm never going to speak again. It occurred to Dave that if no one had ever spoken to him about it, if no one had ever encouraged him to stop, he would probably have kept hiding them forever. The old squirrel who had healed him and who he had spilled his story to, laced with the self-loathing and guilt had once said to him "It seems like this is something that has been bothering you a long time, but I'm going to tell you right now, it's high time you stopped feeling responsible for the actions of others!" Dave had left right at that very second but now, finally, he understood the truth in the healer's words. It's not my fault my eyes are red and it's not my fault those people were jerks, it's time to stop feeling like it is! Dave was filled by a sense of purpose and a perhaps misplaced anger, it was time to stop hiding under a hood, it was time to face the world.

Jukka the Sling

"Oh... well, I'm afraid I can't really help you there. I know nothing about romance," Kaylan admitted.

She walked over to a table, sat down, and started serving herself some scones and jam, at the same time keeping an eye on the cats. The ottermaid saw that Dave was talking - well, signing - to the Abbess, and she realized he must be the mute one.