"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Least Favourite Hero

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 08, 2011, 03:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Redwall Musician on November 10, 2011, 03:24:27 PM
Quote from: James Gryphon on November 10, 2011, 03:49:07 AM
I don't like Dotti Dillworthy because she's very young, flippant, and yet great at everything (even when it doesn't make sense for her to be).

I don't understand what you mean by "good at everything".

Was Dotti a good singer? Everyone knows that answer, no.
Was Dotti beautiful? This question is where people go wrong. She called herself a "fatal beauty". But Bucko disagreed. There is a difference between being beautiful and being pretty. Though towards the end of the book there was some comment from Brocktree about her being beautiful, but I think it was meant as interior beauty.
Was Dotti good at housework? Apparently not because her parents kicked her out.
Was Dotti good at preforming? I don't know, she never got the opportunity to show us.
Was Dotti good at fighting? Nope. It was only through her friend training that she beat Bucko.
And I'll go ahead and answer another question:
How did Dotti rise in the ranks of the Long Patrol so fast? Remember, it was the founding of the patrol. All the warriors Brocktree knew were good were also old. Of all the hares that had just come to the mountain, Brocktree knew Dotti best. He picked her because he trusted her.
*applause* Very good, Musician. You have a point. Sometimes the Mary Sue rampage can just go too far. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

I think I'd actually have to go pick up the books again to determine who I really didn't like because they were just too perfect to be believable.  Some of the comments here make me want to read up on Martin II or Tiria-neither of which I recall very well.  Perhaps that's a sign of how uninteresting that story or its characters were....hmmm...  :-\
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

@JG, I reckon you've just made up your mind that you don't like Tiria. Yeah, she might be a bit of a Sue, but that doesn't stop me from liking her. ;)
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

It's true, I don't like Tiria (the character! ;)), but that's in good part because I think she's a Sue... and one of the most blatant ones, at that. Melanda MacBurl is almost as bad, but it isn't as important because she only plays a minor role in one chapter.

If you don't think she is a Sue (or much of one), I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning why, but 'til then, that's what I'm inclined to think.

@Lutra: Pearls of Lutra (the book Martin II appears in), at least in my opinion, is definitely worth re-reading, if just for the villains and the secondary heroes, like Rasconza, Tansy, and Craklyn. The main heroes aren't awful, either, though I think they do have some flaws.

High Rhulain... well, it does have an interesting plot, on Green Isle. It's probably worth rereading -- if you don't like Wildlough, you can just skip all the parts with her in it and still get an interesting half-story, from the beginning up until near the end. ;)
« Subject to editing »

hens162

for me it would have to be martin the second.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 13, 2011, 06:07:08 AM
High Rhulain... well, it does have an interesting plot, on Green Isle. It's probably worth rereading -- if you don't like Wildlough, you can just skip all the parts with her in it and still get an interesting half-story, from the beginning up until near the end. ;)
*Gasp of horror* :o :o I never ever skip any part of a book I'm reading, even if I don't like it. Anyway. I really don't like Taggerung, but I still reread the parts I do like. ;)
I'm not a hipster.

rakkety tam

my least fav would have to be taggerung he wasnt in any real battles the whole book was just a bit boring to me
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Captain Tammo

Quote from: rakkety tam on November 22, 2011, 12:43:18 AM
my least fav would have to be taggerung he wasnt in any real battles the whole book was just a bit boring to me

I agree, he wasn't my least favorite, but deff. Not my #1 or even close
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Martin II is my least favorite. I mean, come on. He stared Ublaz in the face, and asn't at least a little entranced? Plus, he seems rather like a rerun.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

True. Also Gorath. He is almost exactly the same as Lonna Bowstripe, and I personally think Lonna is better.
I'm not a hipster.

Cheesethief

even though pearls of lutra is one of my top five favorites, martin II is its worst element, but it doesnt degrade the story, as the focus is on the villains (who are awesome) and the riddles(also awesome)

Nightfire

Matthias as well. He was great in Mattimeo, but in Redwall, then it seemed a bit unrealistic. I mean, a young mouse who can barely walk properly because of hit habit and sandals is a bumbling novice throughou the book. Then as soon as he gets the sword, he somehow has all of the skills of a seasoned warrior! :o
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Gears

uggo wiltud was an awfule character. He was a sop, and he did nothing, and was always getting saved by posy. :P
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Taggerung The Otter

by hero do yemean a good beastie
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Nightfire on November 22, 2011, 01:50:52 AM
Martin II is my least favorite. I mean, come on. He stared Ublaz in the face, and asn't at least a little entranced? Plus, he seems rather like a rerun.

I know! Ublaz is my favorite villain, and he hypnotized a coral snake but can't hypnotize Martin II?! Like he could've at least hypnotized him and then Martin II is saved by someone, I mean seriously!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior