News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Least Favourite Hero

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 08, 2011, 03:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: PluggFiretail on May 13, 2013, 02:13:35 AM
I don't really like a character that much if they're a Mary Sue.
Please, NOEBODY say that Laterose was Mary Sue...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on October 30, 2013, 02:40:09 AM
Amen!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WildDoogyPlumm

But she was!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Aldeneg

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on October 31, 2013, 01:08:25 AM
But she was!
The term for Mary Sue has broadened until virtually any strong, independent female character is a Sue. I've met people in real life who were a lot like Rose and have yet to be accused of Suedom. XD In any case, Laterose wasn't a Sue. She wasn't very powerful, nor did it ever say she was a great fighter. She ran at Badrang in the Battle of Marshank and lost. A real Sue wouldn't have lost against Badrang. She would've used her awesome beauty and rainbow powers to convert him into the light!!

Ahem. With that being said, I can't really say I've ever particularly disliked a hero in Redwall but if I HAD to choose a least favorite, I would have to go with Tiria.

Starla1431

My least favorite heroes has too be...

Mariel- I didn't really like her much, I thought she was kind of annoying.

Taria- Even though I don't like throwing the word Mary Sue around, I have to say she was one. Just like what everyone else has said, Taria was too perfect.

Lonna Bowstripe- I don't remember much of him from Loamhedge because I never really paid attention to his story. I just found him arrogant and uninteresting.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Starla1431 on October 31, 2013, 12:14:12 PM
My least favorite heroes has too be...

Mariel- I didn't really like her much, I thought she was kind of annoying.

Taria- Even though I don't like throwing the word Mary Sue around, I have to say she was one. Just like what everyone else has said, Taria was too perfect.

Lonna Bowstripe- I don't remember much of him from Loamhedge because I never really paid attention to his story. I just found him arrogant and uninteresting.
I liked Lomhedge
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

naima

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on April 11, 2013, 06:04:19 PM
Matthias and Basil Stag Hare

preach it my brother! ... well apart from basil. i loved basil.

but matthias! man! what an unpleasant individual. the shrews followed him, clothed him, protected him while he slept and how did he thank them? ... he ate the food they made and left without so much as a good morning.
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

Tam and Martin

Quote from: naima on October 31, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

but matthias! man! what an unpleasant individual. the shrews followed him, clothed him, protected him while he slept and how did he thank them? ... he ate the food they made and left without so much as a good morning.

what a *****
Naima, please no cussing.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Aldeneg on October 31, 2013, 05:29:27 AM
But she was!
The term for Mary Sue has broadened until virtually any strong, independent female character is a Sue. I've met people in real life who were a lot like Rose and have yet to be accused of Suedom. XD In any case, Laterose wasn't a Sue. She wasn't very powerful, nor did it ever say she was a great fighter. She ran at Badrang in the Battle of Marshank and lost. A real Sue wouldn't have lost against Badrang. She would've used her awesome beauty and rainbow powers to convert him into the light!!

Ahem. With that being said, I can't really say I've ever particularly disliked a hero in Redwall but if I HAD to choose a least favorite, I would have to go with Tiria.
If you like Rose, I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with Rose in general. As you can see, I really don't like her.
I guess it's just that she came across (to me) as way too typical.  She was your typical love-interest character, with nothing too exciting outside of this stereotype.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Aldeneg

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 04, 2013, 01:44:16 AM
Quote from: Aldeneg on October 31, 2013, 05:29:27 AM
But she was!

If you like Rose, I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with Rose in general. As you can see, I really don't like her.
I guess it's just that she came across (to me) as way too typical.  She was your typical love-interest character, with nothing too exciting outside of this stereotype.
Likewise, I have no problem if people don't like Rose. I just prefer them not to band her as a Mary Sue. But I can see your point. She is rather stereotypical. :)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: naima on October 31, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

Of course we're taking into account that this WAS Brian's first book riiiiiight?  ;) I think that we should give him some leeway on the first couple because he didn't have much experience in the field at the time.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ungatt Trunn

But she was!
But she SO HECKN' wasn't! What was one fact about Rose that made her a Mary Sue?

Ungatt Trunn

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 04, 2013, 03:31:59 AM
But she was!
But she SO HECKN' wasn't! What was one fact about Rose that made her a Mary Sue?
-Overly beautiful.
-Typical tragic death of the beautiful love interest.
-Can charm bees (of all creatures!) with her perfect singing.
-Can talk to birds when nobody else can and they automatically obey her.

Seriously, though, that thing with the bees has always bothered me. Really, Brian?!