News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Post here when you're the only member on!

Started by Kade Rivok, January 09, 2020, 10:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally046

Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Flib Bigboat

*Feels like an idiot for not realising this*
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Might be a British English/American English difference.

Flib Bigboat

I mean, I've been reading British English literature for years now, and never realised a lorry was a truck.
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Took me a long time to work out what cotton candy (candyfloss) was, same for eggplant/aubergine.

Flib Bigboat

I wonder why we have different names for things, even though we speak the same language (more or less).
Long live the RRR!

Ally046

Because our respective areas had different languages contribute to their culture.
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Flib Bigboat

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on October 13, 2021, 10:09:26 PM
I wonder why we have different names for things, even though we speak the same language (more or less).
Spelling differences are often because American newspapers removed letters so the ink was cheaper. Others it probably varies.

Flib Bigboat

Cotton candy takes up more room than candyfloss does.
Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Had to save money removing all the "pip pip cheerio"s and the such.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: Kade Rivok on October 14, 2021, 10:21:32 PM
Had to save money removing all the "pip pip cheerio"s and the such.
I prefer to say 'Bi bi, guys!' or something along those lines.