News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The greatest warrior?

Started by Dante8002, February 19, 2020, 08:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante8002

If all the characters in Redwall fought, who would come out as the winner? My opinion. Probably Boar, but Rawnblade is up there.
Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Here are the most plausible for me:
Heroes:
Ranguvar Foeseeker: Obviously
Lord Brocktree: He's a huge skilled badger lord
Boar the Fighter: He is awesome and also a huge skilled badger lord
Sunflash the Mace: I don't care, sunflash is going on this list
Urthstripe the Strong: He didn't mess around, and for the third time, he's a huge skilled badger lord
Major Cuthbert Blandedale Frunk: He had the coolest bloodwrath ever
Villains:
Cluny the Scourge: Matthias had to use a bell to kill cluny, a freaking bell!
King Sarengo: He took on a giant adder and killed it with his bare hands
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Scott McLamok

Matthias killed Cluny with a bell because he had little to no experience wielding a weapon of any kind.
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

clunylooney

Quote from: Scott McLamok on April 19, 2020, 02:30:55 AM
Matthias killed Cluny with a bell because he had little to no experience wielding a weapon of any kind.
Triss had no experience with a blade and yet she was amazing with it. I think it's pointless to take away Cluny's awesomeness by making excuses.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Scott McLamok

I don't doubt his awesomeness I am just explaining that Matthias used the bell. He did it because he had no skill whatsoever with a blade and he probably has not seen or touched a sword in person. Matthias used the bell to his advantage and showing us that he was a great tactician. Cluny is also way older than Matthias and he has been raiding and pillaging for who knows how long. Also this is not a thread for the most awesome character's but for the greatest warriors. If this were a most awesome character's thread, There is no doubt Cluny would have definitely made it in the list.

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

clunylooney

Quote from: Scott McLamok on April 19, 2020, 05:42:39 PM
I don't doubt his awesomeness I am just explaining that Matthias used the bell. He did it because he had no skill whatsoever with a blade and he probably has not seen or touched a sword in person. Matthias used the bell to his advantage and showing us that he was a great tactician. Cluny is also way older than Matthias and he has been raiding and pillaging for who knows how long. Also this is not a thread for the most awesome character's but for the greatest warriors. If this were a most awesome character's thread, There is no doubt Cluny would have definitely made it in the list.
Maybe I didn't make this clear. Cluny seems to me like a great warrior with strategies and strength, I am saying that is also what makes him awesome. I think Cluny would have a good chance of winning because of his strength and strategies, I am just adding on that he is awesome. 
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Scott McLamok

That is true he was a good tactitian and good at leading his army!

This is the Way.

Grond

Probably Rawnblade or Boar. I give Rawnblade a slight edge because he has the highest confirmed kill count in a single battle of any warrior in the series. He killed 100 searats on his own and suffered only minor injuries in the process. I don't know if Boar could have pulled that off as well or not as such an opportunity never came up, in the one book he appears in- Mossflower.

I would also put Gulo on that list. If it where a battle where weapons were used Gulo would be at a disadvantage compared to some badger lords like Boar, Brocktree, Rawnblade etc... because they actually trained with weapons extensively and wore armour. Gulo never trained with a weapon or wore armour. However if Gulo came into single combat unarmed, then probably because of honour the badger lord would likewise drop their weapons and armour and fight unarmed. In which case I'd give the edge to Gulo.

clunylooney

Quote from: Grond on April 27, 2020, 10:50:06 PM
Probably Rawnblade or Boar. I give Rawnblade a slight edge because he has the highest confirmed kill count in a single battle of any warrior in the series. He killed 100 searats on his own and suffered only minor injuries in the process. I don't know if Boar could have pulled that off as well or not as such an opportunity never came up, in the one book he appears in- Mossflower.
Boar took on Bloodwake's crew which was way larger than the Waveblade (the ship Rawnblade took on) Bloodwake was one of the largest ships in the series and Waveblade was about the size of a regular pirate ship which usualy has a crew of about 80 - 100. If Bludgullets crew was 150 than Bloodwake' crew was AT LEAST 200. SO Boar took on pretty much all of those rats which shows Boar can pull that off. Also, are you sure Rawnblade's kill count is as large as say, Stonepaw's?
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Grond

Quote from: clunylooney on April 28, 2020, 02:50:01 AM
Boar took on Bloodwake's crew which was way larger than the Waveblade (the ship Rawnblade took on) Bloodwake was one of the largest ships in the series and Waveblade was about the size of a regular pirate ship which usualy has a crew of about 80 - 100. If Bludgullets crew was 150 than Bloodwake' crew was AT LEAST 200. SO Boar took on pretty much all of those rats which shows Boar can pull that off. Also, are you sure Rawnblade's kill count is as large as say, Stonepaw's?

Yes but Boar did not kill off the ship's entire crew, had help from allies, and also ultimately ended up getting killed by those searats- after he got a hold of Ripfang. We do not know how many he killed but it certainly wasn't the whole crew plus a decent portion of the searats where likely killed by his allies too. With Rawnblade we know for a fact that he took out the ship's entire crew, completely alone (huge factor), and only suffered minor injuries in the process.

clunylooney

Quote from: Grond on May 03, 2020, 04:33:49 AM
Quote from: clunylooney on April 28, 2020, 02:50:01 AM

Yes but Boar did not kill off the ship's entire crew, had help from allies, and also ultimately ended up getting killed by those searats- after he got a hold of Ripfang. We do not know how many he killed but it certainly wasn't the whole crew plus a decent portion of the searats where likely killed by his allies too. With Rawnblade we know for a fact that he took out the ship's entire crew, completely alone (huge factor), and only suffered minor injuries in the process.
First, when don't know if the entire crew died. We never get any conformation whether they all died or not. Second, I don't think our heroes killed a huge portion of the crew, that was still mostly Boar. And Finally, all I'm saying is that Boar did still take on a huge crew unlike what you said: 
Quote from: Grond on May 03, 2020, 04:33:49 AM
I don't know if Boar could have pulled that off as well or not as such an opportunity never came up, in the one book he appears in- Mossflower.
The opportunity DID come up for Boar.

Also, a little off topic, but didn't Bragoon and Sarobano kill nearly 300 rats, weasels and ferrets when they pushed the lord of mossflower tree into the abyss? I know they still died but I'm curious on whether you think that could count for highest kill count.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

Probably one of the badger lords. Cregga was pretty awesome, but I'm leaning a bit toward Rawnblade. I'm also not sure about Martin. I feel like he is pretty high on the list.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

My top 15 warriors (not in order best to worst, just randomly put)
Martin the Warrior (obviously) Cregga Rose Eyes, The Taggerung (Deyna), Lord Brocktree, Cuthbert Blanedale Frunk (the crazy hare in high rhulain),Boar the Fighter, Rawnblade, Rakkety Tam, Sunflash the mace, Lonna Bowstripe, Skor Axehound, Ruggan Axehound, Gorath the Flame, Buckler (the blademaster hare from the sable queen) and Captain Rake Nightfur. (all goodbeasts).

Dante8002

Grond, I think Boar did kill all then Bloodwake's crew, because it said vermin lay scattered dead everywhere, And just to confirm, Rawnblade did kill 100 vermin.
Yalahoo!

Dante8002

Yalahoo!