News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lord Infinity's FanFictions

Started by Tinarandel, June 26, 2020, 09:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinarandel

Lord Infinity's One-Shots.

Posted in chronological order of fanfiction timeline.

"Fernleaf" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13184919/1/Fernleaf-One-Shot [COMPLETE]

Jared and Madeline Sandeye find themselves amidst a dangerous heat wave in Mossflower Forest. When fatigue and severe dehydration grip them, they teeter on the edge of death. They are saved by the ferret herbalist named Fernleaf. Jared and Fernleaf bond instantly, and each find there is more to the other than meets the eye.

(Fernleaf belongs to my fellow Redwall's Legacy user, Fernleaf, and will return in future fics.)

WORDS: 2,316
TAGS: [HURT/COMFORT] [FANTASY] [FLIP] [ADVENTURE]

"On the Abbey Balcony" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13184899/1/On-the-Abbey-Balcony-One-Shot [COMPLETE]

Based on the iconic Balcony Scene from William Shakespeare's timeless Romeo and Juliet, this short fic brings together the young squirrel friends Larina Skyleaf and Jared Sandeye. They bond over honest flirtations, and their romantic potential is hinted at.

WORDS: 1,186
TAGS: [FLUFF] [FRIENDSHIP] [ROMANTIC] [MIMESIS]

"Rainfall" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13184904/1/Rainfall-One-Shot [COMPLETE]

A sequel of sorts to "On the Abbey Balcony", based on the iconic Umbrella scene from the hit Nickelodeon CGI-animated TV show Miraculous Ladybug. Caught in the middle of a chilling rainstorm, Larina Skyleaf and Jared Sandeye take shelter in one of the watchtowers of Redwall Abbey, and they finally begin to realize their feelings for each other.

WORDS: 1,911
TAGS: [FLUFF] [FRIENDSHIP] [ROMANTIC] [MIMESIS]
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Tinarandel

Full-length Fics

"Siblings" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13344413/1/Siblings [COMPLETE]

In the turning midsummer, Jared Sandeye struggles with a hefty blacksmithing commission, while his sister Madeline tries to make sense of her emerging puberty. As they navigate the source of a newfound stress, they remember the importance of family.

WORDS: 24,004
TAGS: [FAMILY] [HURT/COMFORT] [FLUFF] [MIMESIS]
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Tinarandel

Siblings
Chapter 4: Summer Heat Friction

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13344413/4/Siblings

Tinarandel

Siblings
Chapter 5: Family

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13344413/5/Siblings

[Final Chapter.]

Tinarandel

Their True Names
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/1/Their-True-Names [IN-PROGRESS]

Chapter 1: Autumn's Eve

Are warriors born, or made? When an old enemy from the Sandeyes' past returns and threatens the peace of Redwall Abbey, Jared Sandeye must find the warrior within himself and fight for his family and their sacred home. In doing so, a lifelong secret of the siblings is inadvertently revealed that will change Redwall Abbey and Mossflower Forest forever.

WORDS: 6,854
TAGS: [ADVENTURE] [DRAMA] [ACTION] [ROMANCE] [MYSTERY]

This fanfiction is partially based on an unfinished Redwall's Legacy RolePlay titled "Finding Friends and Family", and is thus dedicated to my fellow users Penblade the Bard, FangHeart, and Fernleaf. Brother Timms and Cellarhog Arland belong to Penblade the Bard. Fernleaf belongs to Fernleaf. The Sandeye siblings and all other characters belong to me.

Chapter 1 will be split into two parts for length and pacing.

Tinarandel

Tinarandel

Tinarandel

Tinarandel

Their True Names
Chapter 5: Redwall's Legacy

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/5/Their-True-Names

Chapter 5 will be split into two parts for length and pacing.

Tinarandel

Tinarandel

Their True Names
Chapter 7: Fists of the Guosim

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/7/Their-True-Names

For obvious reasons, this chapter has been split into multiple parts. In addition, the names of the martial arts styles have been changed from their real-world counterparts.

"Konotash" = Shōtōkan Karate
"Timakwo" = Taekwondo
"Goryjun" = Gōjū-Ryū
"Domnal" = Wing Chun

Tinarandel

Their True Names
Chapter 8: The Wungkan Path

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/8/Their-True-Names

"Wungkan" is the collective name for martial arts in the Redwall's Legacy universe, encompassing Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Filipino martial arts collectively. I created this name from combining the Chinese terms "kungfu", 'wushu", and "quanfu" together.

Due to chapter length, I have split this chapter into two parts. I will be moving scenes that would have been included in this chapter to the next one.

"Kuanzai" - Drunken Boxing
"Ganguen Huk" - Hung Ga Kuen
"Halichit" - Tai Chi
"Tuah Mann" - Muay Thai (mentioned only)
"Shonjin" - Shorinji (mentioned only)
"Ahkdap" - Aikido (mentioned only)

Log-a-Log Tiraqoo's demonstration of Kuanzai with the Eight Warriors is based directly on the Daoist style of Drunken Boxing and the concept of the Eight Drunken Immortals.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this chapter are not reflective of those of the author. I do not condone alcohol consumption of any kind in any quantity. Nor do I support or encourage alcoholism. Furthermore, I do not recommend actually being drunk while practicing Drunken Boxing!

Tinarandel

Their True Names
Chapter 9: Crouching Squirrel, Hidden Shrew

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/9/Their-True-Names

"Tuah Mann" - Muay Thai
"Halichit" - Tai Chi

The title of this chapter is a play on and obvious homage to the 2000 wuxia film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (dir. Ang Lee and starring Michelle Yeoh, Zhang Ziyi, Chow Yun-fat, and Chang Chen). The title itself is based on a Chinese idiom ("暗石疑藏虎,盤根似臥龍", which means "behind the rock in the dark probably hides a tiger, and the coiling giant root resembles a crouching dragon.") which describes a place or situation full of unnoticed masters. Put simply, the meaning of the idiom is to never underestimate anybody.

The dialects that Jared and Madeline Sandeye speak to each other are both real-world Tagalog and Ilokano. Tagalog is an Austronesian language traditionally spoken as the first language of the ethnic Pinoy, or the Filipino people. Ilokano is likewise Austronesian, and spoken primarily as a lingua franca ("common language") by the Igorot people as well as by the native settlers by the Cagayan Valley. This is done intentionally to further solidify the Sandeyes' status as foreigners to Mossflower Woods, as well as to imply that their parents are likely natives of two different regions of the Eastern Islands, as they speak two different dialects. For reading convenience, the foreign words have been marked in italics.

"bunso - A Tagalog honorific of endearment to address the youngest sibling of the family.
"kuya - A Tagolog honorific of endearment to address the older brother.
"manong" - An Ilokano term given to the first-born male in a nuclear family. In this context, Jared is the eldest sibling to Madeline (since the first-born sibling, Edoran Sandeye, is deceased, having been murdered by Deathblade's vermin prior to the events of the fanfiction).
"Naku'po" - A Tagalog exclamation of shock and surprise, similar to saying "Oh, no!" or "Yikes!" in English.
"Hay nako!" - Another Tagalog exclamation, typically meaning "Oh, my goodness!", or to express a sigh.

Tinarandel

Their True Names: Chapter 10: Masters and Apprentices
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/10/Their-True-Names

Jared's Karate Styles ("Akret Branch")
Shotokan - "Konotash"
Goju-ryu - "Goryjun"
Shito-ryu - "Rtuyoshi"
Kyokushin - "Hoskinyuk"

Tagalog to English:
"kras" - "crush", as in romantic infatuation
"Nakahanda!" - "Ready!"
"kapatid" - the Tagalog word for sibling

"Naimbag a gasat kenka!" is a Ilokano way of saying "Good luck!"

Jacob's flashbacks to Dallas Irontail's wrestling match with a large Toad refer to a roleplay on The Grand Redwall RP Discord server.

Tinarandel

Their True Names
Chapter 11: Masters and Apprentices: A Drunken Review
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13850809/11/Their-True-Names

"Inijashi" - Baguazhang