CYOA — Florian the Fox (Name Subject to Change)

Started by Mara the Wolf, February 01, 2021, 01:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mara the Wolf

Florian was lost. Well and truly lost. The todd had been on his way visit his cousin Leyla. Of course, he'd been attacked by a vicious little mouse who charged him, sword in paw, yelling "Death to all vermin! Redwaaaalllll!" Florian, who was unarmed and wasn't sure what the psychotic mouse's problem was, ran with his tail between his legs. The mouse had chased him deep into woods until he slipped into a quarry.

That was close! What was that mouse's deal?! Looks like I'll miss Leyla's wedding. Oh well, she probably won't care. Leyla was kinda...out of it. She was definitely an odd one, kinda off in her own little world. How she'd found another vixen who wanted to marry her, Florian didn't know.

But now, Florian was lost in this darn sandstone quarry! He hadn't bothered to mark the way! Now what he supposed to do? Well, obviously get out, but which way? The path in front of him was wafting warm, heavy air (Weird, it's nighttime!). The path to the left seemed to be lit up. The path to right was dark, boring, save for a drip, drip, drip!

Which path should Florian take?
A: The path in front of him
B: The path to the left
C: The path to the right
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Mara the Wolf

Florian decided to keep going straight—warm air must lead out, right? It was summer, after all. Even if it was nighttime, summer had rather warm nights.

However, as Florian kept going, he noticed the air had this putrid stench to it. His skin crawled as he continued on. Down a steep path, deeper into the quarry, following the twisting path—

Thud! Florian groaned as he pushed himself up and turned to see what he'd tripped over.

Florian recoiled at what he saw. It was a ferret, all bloated and starting to turn purple. And as he looked around, he noticed many other beasts just like him, shrews and mice and even foxes like himself!

Oohhh, I've wandered into a snake's den! Florian shook with fear.

But wait! There was a sword in one of the beasts' paws. Florian grabbed it, despite never having swung a sword (or having wielded any weapon, really) in his life. Not like you need it anymore. He could hear something up ahead, like rustling leaves.

What should Florian do now?
A: Investigate the noise
B: Get the hell outta there!
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

Mara the Wolf

Curiosity won out over caution, and Florian headed towards the noise, the sword trembling in his paws.

It was, of course a giant adder! Its tongue flicked in and out, but it stayed otherwise motionless. It's asleep, thank Vulpuz!

A: Kill the snake
B: Run!
Fursonas:

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Mara the Wolf

Florian suddenly felt he had to kill the giant snake—it would probably hunt him down if he didn't! He raised the sword above the snake's head and plunged it down, right between the snake's eyes!

That was easier than I thought it'd be, Florian thought as he removed the blade from the snake's head. But I'm still lost. He was about to head back when he suddenly thought he saw a shadow duck into another chamber—a chamber that seemed to be lit.

A: Head back
B: Follow the shadow and check out the new chamber
Fursonas:

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Mara the Wolf

(You guys are out to kill poor Florian, aren't you?)

Florian must've been feeling extra adventurous today, because he decided to follow the shadow.

He stepped into what almost seemed like a den. A black vixen sat a table. "Come, sit."

"Who are you?"

"Nobeast important. I've been waiting for someone to kill the adder."

"Why haven't you?"

The vixen shrugged. "Have you ever snuck up on a sleeping adder before now? It's not easy, you know."

"Do you live down here? Or are you lost too?"

"Not important. Your slaying the adder has proven you a burglar. You must now go with 13 moles to defeat another adder."

"What?"

"Whoops, wrong fandom."

"WHAT?!"

"You must go to Redwall Abbey. You are destined for greatness."

The vixen's a loon! "Do you know a way out?"

The vixen shook her head. "Think I'd be living down here if I did?"

Florian looked uncomfortable. "Well, it was nice meeting you, but I must be going." He got up and headed back, the vixen following behind him. Well, she is just as lost as I am.

Which path should Florian take now?
A: The path to the right which was now dark
B: The path to the left with the dripping noise
Fursonas:

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Mara the Wolf

"Think we should check out that tunnel? If there's a lake, there must be a stream leading out right?"

The vixen shrugged. "It's a good idea as any."

The two headed down the tunnel until they came upon a lake. The dripping seemed to be coming from the a stalagmite. "What's a stalagmite doing a quarry?" Florian wondered aloud.

The vixen shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine."

Something seemed to be making its way through the water toward them.

What should Florian do?
A: Run
B: Stay
C: Push the vixen in and run
Fursonas:

MathLuk

By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

The Grey Coincidence

Russa Nodrey

B

(I'd choose C, but I don't want to be rude to the vixen.)
Freddy