News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Booklover's Beach

Started by Booklover, April 16, 2021, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lass of something much

*Seeing a bright flash, Lass shut her eyes on instinct, but when she opened them again, she found herself lying on the floor of a cave, and she could feel the cold sand under her. The ottersquirrel's mind rushed about as she sat up, and she began to mumble in parched, cracked voice*
How...How did I get here?...Where is here.... Did...Did we win?...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

Lass hears a disembodied voice: "Shhhhhhhh... Yes, we won... ... ... Scott is... fine too..."
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Mara the Wolf

*The cave is suddenly blown up a bomb*
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Ally046

Quote from: Masika on April 21, 2021, 12:41:14 AM
*The cave is suddenly blown up a bomb*

(The cave is protected by my magic...)

(-__-)

lass of something much

After the voice, the ottersquirrel heard the sound of a bomb from outside the cave. Her head snapped up, and she rose to her feetpaws and padded softly, and painfully to the entrance to get a better look.
As she stood on the edge of the fissure that lead into the cave, Lass looked down.
There were three ships, one was on fire, though it was being put out by the crew. Bodies lay in the shallows, and in the sand, where rocks, wire, and blood littered the beach. There were gunshots, and bombs, and, from her position, Lass could only just hear the screams of soldiers, and yells of captains, and sergeants.
At this, Lass turned back and walked back into the cave. She couldn't stand the sight, couldn't stand the fears that burnt in her mind.

"Please.. Please be okay Sarge..."
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Mara the Wolf

(Oooh, Lassie, you do a good job writing war dramas. Maybe you should try writing a real one.)
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Ally046

Spoiler
Quote from: Ally046 on April 20, 2021, 09:54:11 PM
*[Teleports Lass into a cave that's facing away from the battle*

But... anywho...
[close]

After a second thought...

*Teleports health supplies up to Lass*

*More thinking*

*Puts a spell on the cave so that Lass cant leave*

*Creates an opaque... and soundproof barrier between Lass's cave, and the rest of the world*

lass of something much

(OOC: I walked through the back of the cave, cause I wanted to see what was happening)

The young ottersquirrel starred at her bloodied paws as she sunk to the ground, her back scraping the rocky side of the cave as she did so.
Suddenly, she felt something thud into her head, and then heard it hit the ground. She peered into the dark, trying to see what it was, but her eyes had not yet adjusted, so she reached out and claimed it from the shadows. It was... A supply pack?

The lass's shell shocked brain tried to figure out everything that had just happened, when something even stranger happened. It took a while for her to realize what it was, then it hit her.
The screams, bombs, yelling, even the waves and gulls! They had all stopped. She was in utter silence.
Dumb founded, Lass stood, supply pack in paw and limped to the fissure, with the intent on checking what in area was going on, but she found she couldn't.. She could see the way out, but something was stopping her..

She was trapped.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

lass of something much

(OOC: That, m'girl, is called power play.. You can say things are there, but not that I see 'em.. And thus, I count that as uncanon... Also: You said Scott's safe, does that mean he's here too?)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

(I think)

Scott got up not knowing where he was all he remembered was that he was pinned behind a tank trap, a bangalore gripped tightly in his hands, and pain. Was it just a dream? Nah. He was still in a tattered uniform and the cut he received from a troop transport was still raw. Dreams didn't tend to hurt. Scott rolled out of his makeshift bed. As his feet touched the ground pain shot up his entire body and he collapsed. Scott stared at his torn legs. When had he gotten that? A landmine maybe? Scott searched his pouches and found two tube of morphine. Scott quickly stabbed them into his legs and the pain slightly subsided. Scott fell over as the cave shook from a stray artillery piece. So, the fight wasn't over. Scott shouldered his pack but put it down quickly. His legs could just barley take his own body weight much less a pack. Scott quickly stuffed his pouches with three shots of morphine and ten clips of ammo. Scott grabbed his M1-garand and stumbled his way to the entrance.
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

lass of something much

A sound broke the silence.. One of straps being done, and undone, then a strange shuffling. Lass's heard nearly pounded out of her chest as she slowly turned, and crept back down the cave, the pain in her limbs and head nearly forgotten, as fear, and glimmer of hope took over her being.
She tried to speak up as she saw a shadowy form, but her voice was but a croak.
"H-...Hello?"
She managed, as she got a better look at the soldier, for a soldier he was, as shown by his ripped and filthy uniform, Lass took comfort in the fact that he seemed to be a friend, though painful experience taught her to fear him too.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

Scott held his gun up and aimed it at the sillouette of a squirrel. Scott squinted at the newcomer trying to make out their features but couldn't because the light at the entrance obscured everything but the squirrels frame.

"Friend or foe?"

Scott said as he gripped his m1-garand tigher.

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

lass of something much

The young ottersquirrel nearly jumped at the voice, as she stepped out of the shadows into the light light of the cave entrance. That.. That voice.. She had heard that voice countless times in her young life.
Even before the war had disturbed her peaceful life. No, that voice was no mare comrade in arms.
It was her sargent, her best friend, and maybe a bit more..
She took another step forward to allow him to see clearly her bleeding features as she croaked one word.
"Scott?"
the effort alone made her head spin, and she leant on the cave wall once more.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

"That's me"

Scott responded.

"And wh-"

Scott's words died in his throat as the stranger walked into view except she wasn't a stranger. It was Lass. Scott lowered his gun and slung it around his back. Taking a step forward he wrapped Lass in weak but big hug. Scott quickly stepped back and cursed himself for his rash action.

"Sorry. I-I'm just glad to see a familiar face. How are the boys doing?"

This is the Way.