News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Out of control dibbuns

Started by James Gryphon, July 14, 2011, 04:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I just remembered; the incident I had in mind was actually in Marlfox.

Maybe the walls have shrunk since Redwall? ;)
« Subject to editing »

Ungatt Trunn

I think that Arven from Pearls of Lutra is. He's my secand favourite dibbun in the Redwall series (I think that he was the most out of control dibbun).

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

Dibbuns are pretty annoying sometimes, I admit.

But in The BellMaker mousebabe is like the best dibbun ever, he talks intelligently and all that.  ;D

Bragoon

For the most part, I like the Dibbuns.  They really are a lot like real kids, and better behaved than a lot of them today.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

Anyone seen the animated movie Once upon a Forest? The settings and animals remind me a lot of the Dibbuns, and also the Abbey dwellers.
To get back on topic, I think it's funny how they were mischevious.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

I love the dibbuns!  My favorite thing about them was when they started DAB (Dibbuns Against Bedtime).  I also love how you can barely understand the mole dibbuns.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 11, 2012, 03:36:11 AM
  I love the dibbuns!  My favorite thing about them was when they started DAB (Dibbuns Against Bedtime).  I also love how you can barely understand the mole dibbuns.
[/quote
The mole Dibbuns are the BEST.  I love Bungo in the picture books most of all.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tiria Wildlough

But the dibbuns were still annoying. You know that part in Triss where the two dibbuns go missing? Memm Flackery noticed that there were two empty smocks, but she thought they were spares. I can't believe that anyone can be that careless.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I disagree, I think the dibbuns are really cute
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, they are, but sometimes they're not looked after very well, (see my last post here) so I don't blame them for being naughty.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 11, 2012, 03:36:11 AM
Mole Dibbuns have a normal mole accent, so do you have trouble understanding all moles or just the Dibbuns?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

redwallgurl

dibbuns are just crazy i love them they pop up and jsut add a great feature to the plot
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tam and Martin

That one dibbun in Triss who was demanding the pudden was pretty annoying.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 12, 2011, 01:05:20 AM
Maybe the walls have shrunk since Redwall? ;)
I feel like the height of the walls is rather inconsistent throughout the series, though I'd be more inclined to say the position of where they fell came more into play. (Plus the respective weight of each beast)
Shadow fell off the wall onto rather hard-packed ground in the form of a road that was been used and cemented under countless seasons' use. The dibbuns fell onto relatively soft, lush soil and probably through a fair amount of foliage and old leaves too.

As for dibbuns and their level of annoyingness, I get more annoyed at the beasts who are supposed to be bringing them up. The dibbuns can't help the fact that nobody ever tells them off or disciplines them and, considering the circumstances, they're actually quite good. (I was going to say well behaved but that's a bit of a stretch)
Seriously, I think the Redwallers are more to blame than the dibbuns. If you're never given the slightest hint that stealing or lying or any other irritating things you do are wrong, how are you supposed to know that they are?
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

I despise Dwopple from Marlfox. He was a jerk to everyone and that gosh darn Deesum or whatever her name is, kept defending that jerk. I don't care if he is a dibbun! I still want him to be punished!
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me