News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin the Warrior: The book.

Started by martins#1fan, July 02, 2011, 08:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

I'm finishing watching Martin the Warrior, and I think Rose is going to die in this part. I'm feeling all shaky. :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. When I was watching the show, I knew Rose was going to die soon, but I didn't know when, so I was really paranoid.
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

SPOILER:In the show, Badrang cuts Rose's throat or something.  would have preferred that he threw her against the wall, like he did in the book. :(
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. I think he MARTIN THE WARRIOR SPOILER stabs her in the stomach. Badrang's death shocked me a bit, too.
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

SPOILER: He fell on Martin's sword, and it poked up through his cloak. :-\ :o
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah wonder wot happened tae Clogg...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

I looked it up, and Martin the Warrior is considered by most the most well written Redwall book.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Skyblade

In the TV series Pallum is changed to a girl for some reason. Anyone know why?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwallfan7

No clue. I like the t.v show, but they had a lot of things wrong. Im sticking to the books if I want more accurate information.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skyblade

Yeah, I definetly prefer the books. But the TV series is cool cause you get to actually see the scenes. Then again, Brian Jacques does a nice job with making readers visualize things through his writing.

Redwallfan7

The Martin/Rose relationship didn't really annoy me, what annoyed me was that they changed Pallum to a girl
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skyblade

It annoyed me to. Poor Pallum. Huh, maybe he just looks like a girl. I hope so. Anyway, it must've been for a good reason...maybe they thought there wasn't enough girls? Or they misinterpreted Pallum as a girl? I honestly don't know how you could misinerpret Pallum as a girl though. He's one of the main characters.

Redwallfan7

True. They might have wanted to create an equal number of male and female characters, so that's probably why.

2 quid is good

Maybe. I remember watching Redwall in the summer holidays on Pop!, for some reason, they didn't show Redwall during termtime but it came back every summer. Anyone know why?

Btw, I am from the UK so people from other countries might not know what I am on about.
I've been here throughout my formative years......

So please don't judge me by my tweenage posts XD