Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

Et tu, Fatch?

Hopefully I'll have the story today or tomorrow.

I'm retired from the forum

Søren

The group of 12 friends made their way inside the beach house, each happy to finally see their rooms. The group was lead by Eul, a fun loving and adventurous girl. Following her were Sage and Groddil, teasing each other with obscure video game references only they understood. Next was Galli, who was on her phone adding one more reblog on tumblr before finally looking up to examine the house. After her was Fatch, who was very excited to be there, but walking funny after having to ride in the very back of the second jeep. Rosie and Gonff were next, talking amongst themselves in admiration of the huge house. Chipster, Ash and Del came in, still eating from the bags of beef jerky that had stored for the trip. Corn came in, and set her frying pan down by the door with her luggage. Finally, Søren came inside.

Søren stood to the center of the octagonal home, and spoke to the group. "Welcome everyone! I'm so glad everyone could make it. So, we can get right to the fun after we put our things where they need to go. The girls room is on the east side of the house, and the boys room is next door to it. To the west is the kitchen and the den. We're on the south side of the house, with the foyer and coatroom. The north of the house contains the restrooms and showers, along with the dining room. Once everyone is settled in, I'm serving snakes in the den! Who's up for Nacho Libre?!" A couple of shouts came from the group, and they dispersed to arrange their luggage. After good fun and dinner, everyone was tired. The trip really took it out of them, so they decided to go to sleep.

During the night, two figures rose from their beds. The first figure snuck around the house until the person found the wifi router, and smashed it. Then it moved to the door. It moved outside, and cut the landline. Cell service was so bad out here, now no one could get a message out. Meanwhile, the second figure slithered around the house until it stumbled across the electrical panel. It flipped all the breakers to "Off", then smashed the mechanism to prevent them from coming on again. All the noise caused Søren to wake up. He decided to go check it out. He held a large flashlight in his hand as he approached the electrical panel. He could see it was ruined. He started to call out for someone, but then felt a heavy object stike him in the head. He hit the ground, but surprisingly was still awake. His attacker expertly swung the weapon, a lampstand at him, breaking one of his ribs. As the figure tossed aside the lampstand, Søren painfully stumbled to his feet and threw a punch at his attacker, striking them in their side. The attacker tackled him, dragging him back to the ground. He tried to shift leverage in his favor, but the person was able to keep him still, locking him into a choke hold. His eyes rolled back into his head as he expired.

In the morning, the group rose from their teenage-heavy slumber. They discovered Søren's body on the ground near the electrical panel in the foyer. He was bludgeoned and suffocated. All were in alarm, and didn't know what to do. Should they call the police? Their phones weren't working. The landline was dead. The power also seemed to be out. They started to panic, and turn on each other. Finally, Eul spoke up. "We need to do this orderly everyone! Let's calm down. I think we should vote out someone. The person who's voted out dies. We are in danger of whoever did this to Søren." The group reluctantly agreed.
Fatch look at everyone, sudden realization hitting him. "Who do we vote out?"

________

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN
THERE IS 1 CLUE IN THE STORY

Please submit your votes once you've come to a decision on who to vote out. You will not be allowed to change your vote this round. You've all received PMs. Mafia, Doctor and Dectective, please wait until NIGHT 1 to reply.

I'm retired from the forum

Groddil

Hmm, I've got an idea, but I don't know how accurate it is...

Corn's well known for using frying pans, right? And the story talks about how the electric equipment was smashed. As if with a frying pan? But it does say later on, which is probably more believable, is that Soren's killer, quote:

QuoteHis attacker expertly swung the weapon, a lampstand at him, breaking one of his ribs.

Expertly swung a bludgeoning weapon, probably means that they're familiar with clubs and such. Now, let's analyse this based on the typical weapon members tend to you.

Ashenwyte - Chainaxe. Not a blunt, bludgeoning weapon.
Delthion, Groddil - SPAM-Gun. Not a blunt, bludgeoning weapon.
Eulalia - Machete. Not a blunt, bludgeoning weapon.
Gonff, Rosie, Fatch, Chipster, Galli, Sage - Dunno. If anyone knows what these guys typically use, let us know.
Corn - Frying Pan. A blunt, bludgeoning weapon.

Lady Ashenwyte

All of them except Sage don't have any weapons, but Gonff does cook quite a bit, so he'd be familiar with utensils.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rosie Willowwater

The crossbow is my weapon of choice, although there hasn't been much chance to use it. And also Groddil, you did have a time where you fought with platipi, and I have a feeling that could be a blunt bludgeoning weapon.

Hickory

I think we shouldn't be too trustful on the weapon of choice as a clue. Although it can be a valuable hint, it's not always the key. Let's just keep the frying pan in mind while looking at other possible clues, like this:

Quote[...] the second figure slithered around the house [...]

The only possible hole I see is that we don't know who's a snake here:

Groddil: Fox
Rosie: hedgehog
Sage: Hare
Corn: Squirrel
Gonff: Mouse/blue fox
Ashenwyte: Badger
Eulalia: Hawk
Fatch: Lion...?
Delthion: ???
Galli: ???
Chipster: Rabbit...?

Now, it's possible that this section is in conjunction with the slithering:

Quote[...] was Fatch, who was very excited to be there, but walking funny after having to ride in the very back of the second jeep [...]

Food for thought.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

We shouldn't be too quick to suspect anyone. Let's wait until everyone gives their view on this unfortunate incident.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rosie Willowwater

Del is a hedgehog and Galli is a mouse although that does not help much.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

He is in my forum fan fic at least. Same with Galli. And I too think that Cornflower would be able to use a frying pan easily. I think that maybe the clue is somewhere in the house arrangement, as it was very specific. But if it only took Soren a few minutes to find the breaker, than why did it take the killers a while of sneaking around to do that? Both rooms are next to each other, so unless a guy decided to walk all the way around, or a girl the same, than it would seem odd that it would take so long. Soren probably just knew the place better.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.