News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mafia: Last Nights of Summer

Started by Søren, August 07, 2016, 08:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

QuoteIt moved outside, and cut the landline

Even though it is a small chance this is an actual clue, there are only two people on the trip who their signature weapon is a knife-like item, Eul's Machete, and Ashe's Chainaxe.

James Gryphon

The context of the post implied to me it was a modern 'real world' setting, and thus that all the players were humans, not animals.

I wouldn't read much into the "slithered" thing; I just took it as a purplish way of describing the movement, not a relevant clue. Nobody here now plays as a snake, anyway.

Not sure where the Delthion hedgehog thing came from... maybe I know what my next "What animal is X" poll should be about. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

You know James, you might as well play a game of Mafia...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Aimless Gallivanter

I'm a usually mouse, but I got the impression that we were all human here.
If I remember correctly, on the rare occasion that I did fight, I only threw my shoes and potatoes at people.
im gay!!!!!!

Chipster of Noonvale

I assumed we were human too, but if we're something else, I could be a hare, since there don't seem to be many rabbits in Redwall.

I don't know most members' playing styles, so I can't really comment much on this.

Delthion

@Sagetip, yes I am a hedgehog, I liked the idea of being a Cellarhog. ;D

I think that Sage was right with Fatch. But I will wait for a time until everyone has made their arguments.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Whoops, a little late to the party. I was busy getting my Driver's Permit and a knife at the Bass and Pro shop :P

Ok, there's only one clue.

QuoteNext was Galli, who was on her phone adding one more reblog on tumblr before finally looking up to examine the house.
It says Galli is making one more post before looking at the house. Maybe she is Mafia and knew the internet would go out? It's possible.

QuoteCorn came in, and set her frying pan down by the door with her luggage.
Corn is the only one mentioned that brought a weapon. This could be a clue, but would be very obvious. And I doubt she and Galli could be Mafia, they were both Mafia in the last game.

QuoteThe first figure snuck around the house until the person found the wifi router, and smashed it. Then it moved to the door. It moved outside, and cut the landline. Cell service was so bad out here, now no one could get a message out. Meanwhile, the second figure slithered around the house until it stumbled across the electrical panel.
These Mafia members do not know their way around the house, which could imply that they hadn't been paying attention when they first came in. I am still hesitant to suspect Galli more than anyone else, she was Mafia last time, which may not mean anything.

QuoteHe started to call out for someone, but then felt a heavy object stike him in the head. He hit the ground, but surprisingly was still awake. His attacker expertly swung the weapon, a lampstand at him, breaking one of his ribs. As the figure tossed aside the lampstand, Søren painfully stumbled to his feet and threw a punch at his attacker, striking them in their side. The attacker tackled him, dragging him back to the ground. He tried to shift leverage in his favor, but the person was able to keep him still, locking him into a choke hold. His eyes rolled back into his head as he expired.
This Mafia member can expertly use a lampstand to crack Soren's ribs, take a hit, then tackle someone who's fighting for their life and choke him out. We must be dealing with some strong male player who can do that. Who would have not only the skill, but the strength to do that?

1. Eul
2. Sage
3. Galli
4. Fatch
5. Groddil
6. Rosie
7. Gonff
8. Chipster
9. Ash
10. Del
11. Corn

It most likely won't be Galli, Rosie, Gonff, Del, or Corn. It's not me, I would know :P

We're left with this list:

Sage, Fatch, Groddil, Chip, and Ash.
We might be able to eliminate Sage and Groddil, I'm not sure how big they are. Pretty sure Groddil mentioned his age one time, and if it's true I doubt it would be him. Sage... I'm unsure, I doubt it. Ash... possibly. Chip... possibly. Fatch may be the biggest suspect.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

Perhaps someone that is portrayed as a lion?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Eul's been practicing karate for a while now, right? It's worth noting that experience in most martial arts (judo, jujitsu, and a few others don't use weapons) lends at least a rudimentary undstanding of staffs... And Eul's been doing for quite a few years, right? So it's plausible that Eul used her skills as a martial artist to subdue Soren.

Delthion

Hickory

Quote from: Delthion on August 09, 2016, 08:41:10 PM
You're talking to Eul right?
I did a quick edit, since you ninja'd me.

Eulaliaaa!

Actually, I have not ever learned Karate (that's a kid's sport. Real Martial arts is Jiu Jitsu and Judo). I'm learning Jiu Jitsu and I just started last week. I've only had a week of training and it takes ten to twelve years to get a black belt. If I were good enough to take Soren down like that, I wouldn't need the lampstand. He could have screamed when his ribs broke, so if I were a black belt Jiu Jitsu Mafia, I'd go straight into a choke hold. And Jiu Jitsu does not use staffs, neither does Judo. Look it up, Jiu Jitsu is a lot like wrestling.

Also, I'd like to point out that if that were a clue pointing to me, it would be way too obvious.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Aimless Gallivanter

I took Judo in elementary school and not once did I hear there was anything to do with staffs. Judo was about self defense, no kicking or punching or anything, just good ole throwing people on the ground.

im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

Do you think we should vote yet? Or should we wait to hear everyone's opinion?

Eulaliaaa!

I don't even know who I'm gonna vote for. I might be leaning towards Fatch or Chip. What about you guys? What are you thinking?