News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin to Matthias

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, January 14, 2012, 03:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerLordFiredrake

I'm pretty sure that Matthias is related to Martin directly.  Who are the missing generations?
baby turtle forever

Skipper

well matthias did have a sister but she died, martin had no children, i dont think they were related anyway, matthias was born a hero and he is is like martin -his role model-

Bragoon

Like Skipper said, they can't be, since Martin had no children, and Luke only had one child. 

It just seems to be another case of Martin's spirit intervening to help a beast realize their true potential as a warrior. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

But he could be indirectly related what if Luke had another sibling or something?
But I do agree Matthias and Martin are not Related by blood but by spirit.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Skipper on January 14, 2012, 03:15:18 PM
well matthias did have a sister but she died...
That was only in the cartoon, if I remember correctly.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

you're probably right, i haven't read 'redwall' in abit

BadgerLordFiredrake

On the wiki's family trees it said that...
baby turtle forever

Bragoon

I only see the books as canon, so for all I know Matthias could have had ten sisters like Jube, since they found him when he was a baby. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

Melody

the truth is we will never know. 8)

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

Nightfire

I think that Redwall makes it clear that Matthias is a random mouse. If you look at mice in real life, then aside from fur color, then they all look identical, unless one had a scar or deformity. Matthias just looked similar to Martin, he wasn't identical. And I think Redwall also makes it very clear that Martin's spirit inhabited Matthias at the Battle of the Late Rose, then he left and Matthias acted like himself again. Every now and then, Matthias was inhabited by Martin's spirit.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Mice generally look like...mice, not much different.  Same was said of Watership Down...basically its a group of rabbits that look a whole lot alike.  Its probably no surprise Matthias looks like Martin, but as far as the book is concerned, Matthias was an orphan and taken in by the abbey.  I can't see a relative of Martin not living at Redwall during its construction.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

redwallgurl

id ont remember them saying that martin had a wife so i dont thin kthat they could be related. as they say in other books though martin the warriors spirit is how they can be connected right?
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

Rose was killed and she was the only creature with any suggestions for a relationship to occur.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This