News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Forum History 2011 Discussion

Started by Matthias720, April 17, 2017, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Lutra

Heh, well I know I joined early on...I think about three months in. :)  Brought along a pal, Folgrimeo and we both were appointed staff members because we always had a lot of decent things to say about Redwall and were generally good guys.

Remembering stuff from six years ago is hard! :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Trigoma

Ah what a great section for senior members. Thanks for this board Matthias!

Well I joined back in June 17th 2011. Just 9 days after the birth of the whole forum! I remember all the older people here and having so much fun day in and day out. Funny how time flies.

My best member is how there was only 1 section here to begin with and the members themselves began creating topics that soon expanded into their own sections! Such good memories. Hail to the senior members!

~Trig
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Captain Tammo

Thanks for making the thread, Matthias!

I joined June 28th. I remember setting a goal of 11 posts a day, for no reason in particular, and keeping it going for the first month or so. I remember watching these boards explode. The really big boards were the ones that had two pages to them. Now I look at the cellars and it's amazing how much everything has grown.

Quote from: Lutra on April 18, 2017, 01:33:31 AM
Brought along a pal, Folgrimeo

I remember Folgrimeo! Do you still know him/her? Hope they're doing well!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lutra

Yes, still know him, but haven't spoken to him in months.  Now that you say that, I'll probably email him and see how things are going.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

So what sorts of things has everyone been up to? I feel like it's a night and day change for me from when I joined to now!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

a crumb

Late in the year, the staff ran an awards contest, announcing the winners in November.

Earlier, in August, the first round of Overlord's Orders kicked off, leading to years of amazing reads and, from the looks of it, great fun.

And on July 12, 2011, the very first mention of the death-defying beavers was made.
(i'm 99% sure of this)

shisteer of nothing much

Seasons were named Autumn of the Golden Melody by Tiria Wildough and Winter of the Frozen Wind by Daniel of Redwall.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Trigoma

More great times! Forum had but one room, and I had the honor of creating the first role playing thread! Still hold that achievement high no matter how trivial :P

Cheers to the new people here, cheers to you making memories. :)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman