News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Netflix has the Redwall rights

Started by LordTBT, February 10, 2021, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Presumably. Though as I already mentioned i'm not afraid to see them take at least some creative liberty, could be interesting.

Thanquol

Looks like Netflix is really invested in getting the rights to as many series as it can get. First they Bone, now Redwall.

Scott McLamok

They also have the rights to Narnia...
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Tungro

Interesting, wonder how they wrestled that from Disney

Matthias720

Quote from: Tungro on February 22, 2021, 02:41:23 AM
Interesting, wonder how they wrestled that from Disney
Disney didn't actually make the Narnia films. They were produced by Walden Media, who had the rights to the series, but their deal to the rights has now expired.

JangoCoolguy

Now the question is how long they'll last given out cancel crazy Netflix is these days...

Though on the other hand, these series have a built in fanbase & reputation that should help get views (and just hope they're enough)

Sebias of Redwall

The news is quite exciting. This could easily be a huge thing, imo.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Not quite sure how happy i'll be with Patrick McHale's artwork, (just from googling that, I reserve the right to be wrong), but from that picture by Pierre Breton, it looks quite promising.
@LordTBT is there an uncut version of the interview anywhere?

LordTBT

That's the full interview. I think Breton's role as visual development artist is different than that of actual animator, and this was likely an image to go out with the announcement.

clunylooney

I'd personally would want it to be more of a classic cartoon look to it, and not a super realistic art style, but they may pull it off if they choose to do so.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

JangoCoolguy

It varies with Netflix. It mainly depends on the studio that makes the show. Most are 2D, some are CGI, and a bunch are hybrids that use some of both.
I for one think 2D would be best, but we'll just have to wait to find out...

Mara the Wolf

Well, if it turns out anything like their Watership Down miniseries...
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Verdauga

As unllely as it is, it would be awesome if Netflix used deep-canvas CGI. It would make the abbey look stunning.
Of course, the adaptation writing is tantamount to the art.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)