News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How did you first find out about Redwall?

Started by Matthias720, June 10, 2011, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

I got a copy of Mariel of Redwall for my birthday. In about a week I decided to try it as I had read all the other books that I had gotten for my birthday. I finished it the same day. I think that often times the first book you read in a series becomes your favorite. You can probably guess which book I like the best from my name.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Redwall Musician

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 20, 2011, 09:36:11 AM
Quote from: TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe on June 13, 2011, 02:00:31 PM
McDonald's Big Mac Nutrition
Calories  Fat    Carbs   Protein   Sodium
540               29g        43g        25g   1040mg
>:(

Totally off topic.

It was random. But McDonald's food is always random. Greasy but so yummy. You need to read the fine print on the egg Mcmuffin wrapper.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

1camTEG

I was in second grade and the smartest girl in class was reading Redwall.  I checked it out next from the library just to show her I could read a huge book too!  I've been in love with the series ever since, I currently own all but the latest book ( all but 3 in hardcover).  I have a 7 year old niece who I'm very excited about getting her started on them soon and I can't wait to share this experience with my daughter(2 years) in the years to come.

As a young boy I got my dad to make me a wooden sword which i named "Rathdeath".   :)

Osu

Quote from: 1camTEG on June 21, 2011, 12:49:56 AMI have a 7 year old niece who I'm very excited about getting her started on them soon and I can't wait to share this experience with my daughter(2 years) in the years to come.

Raising your kids on Redwall? YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF AWESOMESAUCE!  ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Osu on June 21, 2011, 02:51:48 AM
Quote from: 1camTEG on June 21, 2011, 12:49:56 AMI have a 7 year old niece who I'm very excited about getting her started on them soon and I can't wait to share this experience with my daughter(2 years) in the years to come.

Agreed.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 21, 2011, 05:38:40 AM
Quote from: Osu on June 21, 2011, 02:51:48 AM

Agreed.
Quoted for truth! 8)

SpringWitch

I was in grade four, and was waaaaay above the reading level of the majority of my classmates. In grade three everyone else was reading Goosebumps, and I was reading Narnia (and understanding it, much to the surprise of my teachers). Anyway by grade four I had finished Narnia and had no clue where to go from there, since this was about a year before I discovered Tamora Pierce. My mum went to the bookshop one day while I was at school and asked the lady what she recommended for a girl my age who had just finished Narnia. Mum picked me up from school with a copy of Mariel in her hand. I never looked back.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: 1camTEG on June 21, 2011, 12:49:56 AM
I have a 7 year old niece who I'm very excited about getting her started on them soon and I can't wait to share this experience with my daughter(2 years) in the years to come.

You shall teach them well. Redwall good. Rats bad. I'm reading the first book to my little bro. I think he likes it. Hopefully he will read them again when he learns to read.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Wolfstar

When I was in eighth grade I think, and I kept on going to the same place in the library where the book Mossflower was and I could not resist to get it and thats how I started loving it.
Happy and kind.

Tiria Wildlough

I first heard of the Redwall series from the back of another book in the same edition. I didn't think they were anything special, though. Then, my mum got a copy of Redwall from the library, and I sneaked a bit, and was won over by the bit where Matthias trips over and lands at the feet of the Abbott, and of course I asked if I could read it.
I finished it the next day. I was a bit scared by the bits where Asmodeus hypnotises animals, but I felt like I had to read the next one.
So I read Mossflower, and then Mattimeo. By the time I'd finished Mattimeo, I was hooked. (It took me that long!)
I am currently reading Mossflower to my little sister.
WOW! That was a post!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Captain Tammo

My old sister read the first book in elementary school. She liked it but never read the series. A couple years later, when i was in 5th grade, I was at the bookstore trying to find something to read with my dad. He was making me get a book and I hated reading! We went home with Martin the warrior, mossflower, and the long patrol, the covers looked cool. I read the long patrol with him and was hooked! Before we finished it. I went and bought high Rhulain and read all of that. Then eventually read the rest of the series until I was at the point of waiting for the sable quean to come out. Now I love reading and have read every redwall book at least once  ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Embarassing for me, I've read every book except for Redwall and The Rogue Crew.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

DanielofRedwall

Heaps of people have found out about them in such awesome ways, my story is just "my brother told me to read them, so I did."  :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Marlfox

My dad used to read them out loud to us when we were little, and all of my siblings were reading them and then I started to read them and was hooked almost immediately.

Lily

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 02, 2011, 10:29:15 PM
Embarassing for me, I've read every book except for Redwall and The Rogue Crew.
Weasel dude! Not cool, you have to go and read Redwall right now!  ;)