News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall movie idea- NEW

Started by abbotsrboss, July 15, 2012, 01:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

good
bad
ok

abbotsrboss

I would like to propose a new Redwall movie.  I know that a Redwall cartoon has been made before, but what I'm proposing is something different.  It would be live-action but the actors to look like animals would have prostetics (spelling?) on.  This makes sense because from what I've seen of the originall Redwall cartoon, the animals all have faces that are actually quite similiar to human faces, so it would not be that hard to do.  Also, we have the magic of the movies :).  If it was live action, it would allow for places like Mossflower Wood to be shot on location and for Redwall Abbey to be a movie set that you can touch with your own hands.
      The director I would choose for this project would be Peter Jackson because he did such great job adapting the Lord of the Rings series. Also, when you think about it, Redwall and the Lord of the Rings are not really that different (more on that later).
      Of the Redwall books that would be made into movies, I would choose Redwall (of course), Mattimeo, Martin the Warrior, and Loamhedge (only because I was reading that book when I thought of the idea). Please comment to either disagree or agree with me and share you thoughts!
-Thanks
-abbotsrboss (they are)

I wish I was as wise as a Redwall Abbot

Redwallfan7

I don't get what you're saying, do you mean real animals in live action, or people dressed up like animals?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

abbotsrboss

people dressed up like animals..sorry I should have made that more clear :P

Felldoh154

I would say neither of those because it would be weird. If they made it would be animation movie. And people dressed like animals would be kinda iffy, I don't think movie makers would go through with it

abbotsrboss

But still... I mean just think of what people have done for movies. It's a multi-million dollar business.  I think you could find a way to make it work.  If you watch some of those production videos for The Hobbit movie on Youtube, the dwarfes are covered in protestics to make them look COMPLETELY different. Making people look like animals would truly not be that different.  I think animation would not allow for a great variety of landscapes. Nature always looks better then something created on a computer. Just think, you could have the dense forests of Mossflower, the harsh rough landscape by Loamhegde, and the enormous sea by Salamandstron.
I hope this helps everyone understand my idea better :).

abbotsrboss

I kind of agree with you.. it would be a little iffy but you always can add CGI to make it work.

Felldoh154

I guess it could work, but redwall seems like a Disney kind of film to me, and they usually animate.

W0NWILL

Aye, but you never know. Redwall could have great potential how you described it. And don't double post, there's an edit button to add extra stuff.

Felldoh154

Won will is right, with books as good as they are, something like that could work

abbotsrboss

Sorry about double-posting. I'm kind of new here.  Anyways, I think that Redwall is kind of a Disney movie, but there is way to much violence to be a Disney movie. People in the Lord Brocktree movie discussion were talking about rating the movie M because of the violence, so Redwall is not a Disney movie, likely. Like I said, Redwall has the potential to turn into something like the Lord of the Rings. Maybe in the movie, Redwall would be just a smidge darker from the book.  Harry Potter is  a kid's book and look how the last couple of movies turned out, but definitely should be not Tim Burton dark. :)

W0NWILL

Aye, and it would never be rated M, as I said on the Lord Brocktree movie disscussion, Brian Jacques would be horrified.

abbotsrboss

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 15, 2012, 04:09:46 AM
Aye, and it would never be rated M, as I said on the Lord Brocktree movie disscussion, Brian Jacques would be horrified.
But Brian Jacques would be horrified if the movie was nothing like the book.
Also, no one is going to bring the rating down because Brian Jacques would be horrified. People don't think like that.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Flandor

I think you guys are mistaken about what kind of content needs to be in a movie for it to be rated M.  First off, it's not a rating they used for movies.  M is used in rating video games.  NC-17 is the movie equivilant, and it means there is nudity, sex, drug abuse, extremely graphic violence etc.  If Saving Private Ryan didn't get that rating, then Redwall would never.  Redwall would be a pg-13 film at its worst.  1) Being an all-ages sort of series, the filmmakers wouldn't want to exclude children from viewing it, similarly to the last few Harry Potters.  2) Redwall isn't that violent.  Yes, there is war, but there are no discriptions of horrific injuries beyond the occasional decapitation and they can easily tone those scenes down by not showing the exact moment that that happens.  There are tasteful ways of making the movie accurate to the book without Disney-fying.  The Hunger Games was a violent series and they produced a pretty accurate PG-13 movie for it.  Redwall is not designed to be an accurate picture of war, so it needn't be as gory as a movie like Saving Private Ryan.  I'd say it would have a similar violence level as Lord of the Rings but be rated lower for less scary moments and themes.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I'd want a Redwall movie to be in 2D animation, and my ideal voice cast would be any of the Disney voices. Particularly, The Jungle Book, All Dogs go to Heaven, and 101 Dalmatians from animated Disney. I know some of that cast isn't alive anymore, but still, it would be cool.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers