News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Dark Forest

Started by Galedeep, July 02, 2011, 11:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 01, 2012, 05:06:09 PM
But a good beast goes to the sunny slopes and quite streams, where as vermin (if they are bad) go to hellgates. What is Darkforest then? It is most likely the FIRST place you go too. Then you proceed to your final destination.
Agreed, like heaven! :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Dannflower Reguba

Precisely! Exactly what I meant.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

Maybe there's a separate place for vermin in Dark Forest.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

But then why are they always going to "Hellgates"?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

KaiTheDog

Maybe the woodlanders and vermin have different views on such things, like a different religion if you will. The woodlanders have one idea of where a good or bad beast goes when they die, and the vermin have another.

Coobreedan

Quote from: KaiTheDog on May 12, 2012, 02:46:52 AM
Maybe the woodlanders and vermin have different views on such things, like a different religion if you will. The woodlanders have one idea of where a good or bad beast goes when they die, and the vermin have another.
My thoughts exactly. After all, I remember someone saying "There's a special place in the Dark Forest waiting for you" or something.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Dannflower Reguba

You'll notice that some of the other good beasts will yell at the vermin suggesting that they will be sent to "hellgates" meaning it isn't just point of view.

MatthiasMan

Ungatt Trunn

I think Dark Forest is where all the good creatures go when they die, and that Hellgates is where all the Evil creatures go when they die. I also think that "the sunny slopes" and Dark Forest are the same place.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Dannflower Reguba

But they don't match up! DARK forest, SUNNY slopes...  ???

Lutra

I would almost have to say the notion of 'what is the Dark Forest' has changed or morphed as Mr. Jacques wrote more books.  It seemed like purgatory/hell if you look at how its talked about in Redwall.  As you go on later in the series you see mentioned these sunny slopes or peaceful places in the afterlife.  Nothing wrong with a morphed definition but it makes it harder to determine what is plausible.  ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

brocka

I think Dark Forest may be an entryway to the sunny slopes and quiet streams. Please understand that these are only my thoughts, and you are all welcome to your own interpretations. To me, it seems like there was a place of mystery to pass through on the way to the permanent after-dwelling. Again, this is just one take on it.

Tiria Wildlough

That's my take, too. Only the creatures who are at peace can enter the sunny slopes. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

redwallgurl

Well that is a good idea. you know how in Greek Mythology there was places were you die in the undreworld like different placements and punishments and stuff like that. It could also be like that
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

That's what I've been saying time and again! And about the Greek mythology part, I believe you are refering to the Underworld, ruled by Hades, Guarded by Cereberus, Gotten to by the Ferryman. (I studied this alot in History ;D)