News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack! Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, September 06, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Feshr yowled in rage as Grina and Grian were killed by that massive cat, but as he saw the cougar go down under a suffocating wave of cats, he turned his attention to the squirrel harassing the group. He leaped after the troublesome creature, swinging his khopesh expertly in an attempt to cut Feldion down.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Feldion, noticed Feshr and ducked at the last moment. He then secured his flank and waited for the cats next move.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

As Feldion dodged, Feshr ordered the other cats to surround the squirrel, leaving no area to escape. Feshr turned at the unpleasant sounds of the remainder of the cat horde being defeated by the Salamandastron hares, but went back to Feldion.

"Just one more we have to kill; destroy the squirrel!"

Destroy the squirrel!

One fiery eye opened somewhere in the pressing pile of cats near the group; the other would have opened as well had it not been for the dagger tip broken off in it. Argunath rose from the pile like a body from the grave, shaking off the screaming cats who weren't dead from his body.

His left arm hung limp at the cougar's side, his armor broken, but he still as easily slew a cat that jumped in front of him with a single blow. The Bloodwrath-consumed cat charged and cat scattered the group surrounding Feldion. Feshr managed to stab his khopesh into the base of Argunath's neck before being lifted up by Argunath's single good arm tossed like a rag onto a spear propped up on the ground.

This last action stopped Argunath's mad rage, and as his vision cleared, his eye closed and he fell as hares pursued the now-fleeing and scarce cats.

OOC: The battle's basically over. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Feldion seeing himself surrounded, wished that he had just one more beast helping him. He then spun around and felled the first ring of wildcats. Then he concentrated himself on one side and slew three wildcats in quick succession.

OOC: Should I let Feldion die?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

OOC: Argunath just saved his hide. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Could someone save Dave? (Heh, save Dave). Most likely Bryony as she'd be the only one down there who knows Dave is on their side.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

OOC: The hares are there, they might be able to pull him out (whether or not he can convince them he's against the cats).
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Even though I did basically resign from this RP, I'll go in and save Dave. (:P)

BIC: Arya had been fighting for her life against the cats, and was giving a good account of herself. But that came at a price - Cut and bruised in innumerable places, Arya also had a deep gash in one arm, and was missing an ear. Glancing around as the squirrel found herself in a brief respite, she saw Dave getting overwhelmed by the cats. Giving a screech of rage, she fought her way over to him. Glancing over at him, Arya saw that while injured, Dave wasn't hurt too terribly badly. Arya swung and took out a cat as she asked, "Are you okay?" Stupid question, yes, but she wasn't thinking too clearly.

Jukka the Sling

When the Long Patrol arrived and charged, Kaylan was completely exhilarated.  A wave of relief and excitement washed over her.  She grabbed some more arrows and began firing from the walltop with renewed vigor (albeit carefully, because of the hares) at random cats on the edge of the fray.

After a short time, the ottermaid soon saw that the battle was nearly over.  The Long Patrollers had almost completely wiped the cats out, and when some survivors ran for their lives, the battle-hardened hares pursued them mercilessly.  Kaylan lowered her bow, searching for Arya.

She couldn't see her.  Oh, no....  A spurt of fear gave her extra adrenaline, and before she let herself think the ottermaid turned and bolted down the wallsteps.  She ran for the little south wallgate and let herself out.  All she could think about was her friend, and this made her disregard even her own safety.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Still fighting furiously, Arya halfway turned to look at Dave, to make sure he was still okay. Thankfully, he was. About to turn back, she saw a cat creeping on David on his other side, about to swing his sword. Dave hadn't seemed to notice him. Arya had a split second to think, and she propelled herself at him, knocking him out ogf harm's way with a shriek. The cat's sword had missed David, but hit Arya on her side. Moving to a crouching postioipn, she swept the cat's legs out from under him, and he landed on his blade. Hissoiing wit pain, she glanced at David. He seemed okay, she realized.

Delthion

Feldion had just a few seconds to try and parry against any of Feshr's possible attacks, there were several cats closing on him. He just managed to clear them and then leap at Feshr, swinging rather wildly.

The Skarzs

OOC: You can PP Feshr if you need to, Del when we recap, but I think I'm going to have to force this battle to a close here. Yes or no?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

OOC: Yeah, probably.

BIC: Feldion felt his sword bite into flesh as it cut deeply into Feshr's wrist. Feldion saw that Feshr barely blinked and then Feldion felt a blade deep in his right shoulder, the cat was fast, very fast. Feldion switched hands with his sword and barely parried a downward stroke from Feshr's blade. Feldion pushed desperately outward and threw Feshr off-balance, at the very last minute, Feldion swung down with all his might, he nearly clove Feshr's head in two. Then he fell to the ground, unconscious.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yeah, probably, nut can we get the thing with Arya cleared up first? *Taps toe* Jeeet, where are youuuuu?

The Skarzs

OOC: I PMed him but I got no response. You go ahead and poke him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.