Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey I'm starting to normalize my time again so I'm back with a post from Rayne's perspective. Yay.

BIC:

"Rosemary, duckweed, Brussel sprouts, mir- huh?" Rayne pulled the offending nonmedical sprouts from their shelves resolving the find the prankster who had placed them there later. Sweeping a rag though the cabinet she brought it back to its glimmering pristine, leaving nothing but glossy wood and medical remedies.

Stepping back to admire her work the squirrel healer let her gaze fall across the freshly cleansed infirmary. Everything was in its place, and everything was perfect, right? The red ears twitched as Rayne heard the approaching sounds of a possible patient. Walking to the door Rayne opened it quickly, some nerve jerked in her gut and she knew the news couldn't be good.

The door opened to revel the young hare Mixy, Rayne smiled and then the look of pleasant surprise faltered. The hare standing in front of her looked haggard and exhausted. A long strip of clotted blood ran down her back probably caused by a whip. "Mixy, oh what happened to you? Where's the others? Never mind that come and rest in one of the beds you look horrible!" With her bushy tail flicking Rayne led the young hare towards the freshly washed beds, the sound of another pair of paws on the stairs made Rayne grimace. She was going to have more than one patient tonight.

OOC: Slight PP blah blah blah tell me if you want it changed and all that jazz.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
Yay, you're back! If you want Saltooth to do his thing now, go ahead... ;)
And the powerplay was fine. :P
IC-
Mixy shuddered and tramped over to one of the beds and sat down. She also heard the other pawsteps but didn't comment, instead deciding to answer Ranye's questions.
"Bracklew and I took Brandon and Creekpaw to go check out this place where we found a note with the word 'Rapshade' scrawled on it," she sniffled, "Because we were curious...But then vermin came and killed Creekpaw and Brandon and captured Bracklew and I. Th-they made us slaves, Rayne. It was horrible."
The young hare curled up on the bed. The usual jolly light was gone from her eyes as she started to sob.
"...We tried to escape...and...and I don't think B-Bracklew made it. He was my best friend."

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

The squirrel healer shook her head sadly, the thought of all three being possibly dead or worse was horrible. Rayne felt tears brimming in her eyes, but remembering her training she wiped them away and put a confident expression on her face. Not just for Mixy's benefit, but for her own.

"I understand it's hard, but at least you're alive. Please sit up and lean forward so I can look at that long scratch, we don't want it getting infected." Behind her the paws steps grew closer to the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Having wiped the blood off of their faces and rested for a bit Saltooth and Blackclaw met with their fox partner. All three gripped their weapons muttering curses at their hated captain. The fox was the first to speak raising his paws dramatically.

"I've 'ad it with this 'ere jungle mates, tis time we took th' matter inter our paws." Both rat and weasel nodded in agreement however no ideas of how they would go about doing it came forward.

"Mates, it's down ter this 'ere moment." Saltooth stated suddenly, "we kill 'Im with our steal by asanation."

"Wot?"

"Asanation, I 'eard bout it, t'where we kill th' Cap'n wit yon dagger in 'is back." Saltooth brandished his curved dagger winking at his fellow schemers. "Now 'ere's me plan, Yew n' Goddith will come ter 'is cabin in th' night see? Th'n when e' answers, go in an' talk 'bout somthin'."

"Aye, wot then?"

Then when e' least expects it ye stab 'Im though th' heart." Blackclaw nodded clearly liking the plan. Goddith the fox was about to mention that it sounded more like an assassination then whatever Saltooth had said but held his silence.

"Wot bout yew matey, wot yer gonna be doin'" Blackclaw asked taking a whetstone to his own dagger sharpening the blade.

"I'll be dealin' wit th' vixen. Don' want 'er causin' trouble when we be three Cap'ns mates."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Rapshade sat with Vadoma in his cabin, looking dissatisfied and uncomfortable.
"Listen, Captain. I know today's events took a horrible turn, but at least try not to let it get to you," Vadoma said, doing her best to sound comforting yet failing miserably.
"Look on the bright side; Fang is gone and we didn't kill those two slaves we had taken up on deck yet. So we're really at no loss."
Rapshade glared at her. "I wanted the rabbit an' the squirrel! They were young and fit, imbecile. Now look at the sky--it's dark. There's no way my scouts'll find them tonight."

--
Mixy sat up and leaned forward.
"But y-y-you don't understand, R-Rayne," she stammered, "I'd rather be dead if they could live."

--

Abbot Grant nodded sideways to indicate the staircase.
"Mixy went upstairs with Sister Rayne, Ava." The mouse shambled around the table so he'd be nearer to the badger.
His voice lowered to a mere whisper once he noticed Bracklew. Leaning in so only Ava could hear, he murmured something to her. "How is Bracklew doing? He looks horrible."

Hickory

OOC: Um, he's right with Ava. I've been making that clear for the past few posts.

Ashleg

OOC-
I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be Bracklew that Sandpaw had walking towards the infirmary. :s

Hickory

Ashleg

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ashleg

OOC-
Okay. :(
This roleplay keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Hickory

Quote from: Ashleg on October 13, 2015, 09:43:07 PM
Rapshade sat with Vadoma in his cabin, looking dissatisfied and uncomfortable.
"Listen, Captain. I know today's events took a horrible turn, but at least try not to let it get to you," Vadoma said, doing her best to sound comforting yet failing miserably.
"Look on the bright side; Fang is gone and we didn't kill those two slaves we had taken up on deck yet. So we're really at no loss."
Rapshade glared at her. "I wanted the rabbit an' the squirrel! They were young and fit, imbecile. Now look at the sky--it's dark. There's no way my scouts'll find them tonight."

--
Mixy sat up and leaned forward.
"But y-y-you don't understand, R-Rayne," she stammered, "I'd rather be dead if they could live."

--

Abbot Grant nodded sideways to indicate the staircase.
"Mixy went upstairs with Sister Rayne, Ava." The mouse shambled around the table so he'd be nearer to the badger.
His voice lowered to a mere whisper once he noticed Bracklew. Leaning in so only Ava could hear, he murmured something to her. "How is Bracklew doing? He looks horrible."

The badger pointed Bracklew to go the Infirmary then turned to walk alongside the Father. "He broke his thumbs breaking out of the slave manacles. One of them hasn't suffered any damge - it actually looks fine. The Sister can tell us when she sees him."

Ashleg

Grant shook his head sadly.
"What a shame, but I knew it. I knew the peace wouldn't last much longer, Ava. I wish it could but that doesn't seem likely to happen with vermin...Especially pirates. Do you think we should be on guard?"

Hickory

"That... we might want to ask Duncan about that." The badgermum smiled sheepishly, something not often seen. "Pardon me Abbot, I haven't done this before."

Ashleg

Abbot Grant dipped his head.
"No worries. It might be a good idea to ask Duncan, but I'm afraid he might want to go hunt the vermin down because of all his anger. That ferret killed his wife."