Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Groddil

Redfang called after the ferret.
"Ye soun' look too good, Cap'n. Mebbe you're the one that needs rest!"
He leaned against the wall of Rapshade's cabin, polishing his axe.
"Hmph. Nobeast insults Redfang an' gits away with it. Mark my words, Cap'n, ye'll feel Chopper very soon..."

OOC: Salooth doesn't like Rapshade much, does he? I sense something villainous happening soon...

Ashleg

OOC-
Read page 21-onward. It kind of already happened, they tried to kill him.
IC-
Rapshade scratched at his shoulder.
"I look fine." He growled. The ferret disappeared inside his room and plopped down on the bed.

Groddil

Muddle shot up out of the bed. His head no longer hurt, in fact, it felt quite nice. Strangely, it felt nicer than when he still had eyes. He clawed the bandages from his head and turned to Mortembell.
"Fox. Take me to the Abbot."
Mortembell was considerably shocked. He knew that she was in the Infirmary AND exactly where. She shakily got to her feet and grabbed him by the paw.
"Okay, I-"
"DON'T TOUCH ME! Just tell me where to find him."
Mortembell staggered backwards. How could he get down the stairs without help?
"He's in the great hall, but how do you plan on-"
Muddle pushed past her, careful not to stab her with his spikes.
"Silence, fox. I know what I'm doing."
Mortembell watched in amazement as the hedgehog strode purposefully down the stairs, not tripping or stopping once.
"How do you do it, fox?"
The hedgehog turned to face her, the sightless pits where his eyes had once been appeared to stare at her.
"I have no need for other senses. In losing my sight, I have developed something you cannot comprehend. I see things, but I am blind. I hear things, but they are not there. I should be feeling pain... (he scratched his face, opening up the wounds) ...and yet I feel nothing. I feel no breezes, no pain, what is wrong with me?"
He silenced, and continued towards the meeting.

Hickory

OOC:

BIC: Jetfur strode up on deck. He'd managed to catch a nap, but the visual of teh captains totrture were fresh in his mind. The rat did a double start at the sight of foxes. "What are you doing here?" he said, looking to his captain for an explanation.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

OOC-
Rapshade's in his room, and...What foxes?

That gif is funny by the way. XD

LT Sandpaw

OOC:

O___o Golly....

BIC:

Her mouth falling open in surprise, Rayne watched wide eyed as the young fox too after the vixen. She had chased him up onto the battlements, and had attempted to call him back. Not that it had been much use. Her eyes furrowed angrily as he came slowly back, plodding along at a much more mundane pace.

"Idiot," She spluttered. "What we're you thinking, a drop from this height would surely have snapped you're neck! I'm half a mind to leave you locked out there on the path!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Opening his mouth to protest, to insist that she would stay, to tell her just how foolish an assassination attempt would be. His mouth was open to demand that she reconsider, but the second of doubt flashed though his head. A moment of weakness or strength he couldn't tell. Bracklew spoke, but it was not what he had expected.

"Alright, I'll come with you."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

Fergbar, who had been sitting through the meeting, suddenly looked up and was horrified to see an awful looking hedgehog walking down the stairs. "Is that you Muddle?" he asked.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ashleg

Mixy grinned and opened the door.
"Great, we leave at sundown." She reached into her satchel and pulled out three crimson berries, which she rolled over in her paw. "They're poisonous--I snagged 'em from a bush in the woods a few days back. We wouldn't stand a chance against him in paw-to-paw combat, so I was planning to sneak aboard and slip the berries into his food when nobeast's looking. We can take a couple of my dad's daggers case it does come down to a fight, though." For such a young hare, she looked dangerous.
She could feel the adrenaline already, but she wasn't scared.
"And then we'll show that bloomin' ferret what's for!"

Hickory

Quote from: Ashleg on November 10, 2015, 01:10:34 PM
OOC-
Rapshade's in his room, and...What foxes?

That gif is funny by the way. XD

This happens to often. Recap on what's happening with Rapshade?

Ashleg

OOC-
Maybe can you read page 33?
It's not that much. ^w^

Hickory

OOC: *sigh* Forget that last post.

BIC: Jetfur came up on deck, having just taken nap. He was going to go look at this Redwall place himself, never mind what Rapshade said, when he nearly tripped over the paws of Redfang. The Slavemaster regarded the drunk stoat with disgust. "Who're you?'

Groddil

OOC: Redfang's a stoat.

BIC: Redfang stared up at the rat.
"I'm the Cap'n's climby thingy. I climb walls an' open gates. Climby thingy climby thingy."
He swung his axe at the rat, but it fell out of his hand before it could hit Jetfur.
The stoat spluttered and fell asleep, sprawling on the deck.

Muddle raised his paws and nodded his head.
"It is me, the one you once knew as Muddle Coggelspike."
Behind him Mortembell shrugged.
"He wanted to see the Abbot, and he walked right down here without my help."
Muddle walked over to Grant.
"I feel no pain, I lost my eyes, but it was an acceptable price to pay for my new sight. I see things that have long crumbled into dust, and I see things that have not yet occurred in the mists of time. I see a stoat, with fangs that are red climbing the walls of our Abbey. I see a gate opened, treachery. I see a horde pour in, led by one who is Swift! I see death in Redwall, but if it is friend or foe I do not know. Then my vision fades, I see three young ones run away, a hare, a squirrel, a fox. Then my sight is gone and I see only what lies before me."

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on November 10, 2015, 08:40:21 PM
OOC: Redfang's a stoat.

BIC: Redfang stared up at the rat.
"I'm the Cap'n's climby thingy. I climb walls an' open gates. Climby thingy climby thingy."
He swung his axe at the rat, but it fell out of his hand before it could hit Jetfur.
The stoat spluttered and fell asleep, sprawling on the deck.

Muddle raised his paws and nodded his head.
"It is me, the one you once knew as Muddle Coggelspike."
Behind him Mortembell shrugged.
"He wanted to see the Abbot, and he walked right down here without my help."
Muddle walked over to Grant.
"I feel no pain, I lost my eyes, but it was an acceptable price to pay for my new sight. I see things that have long crumbled into dust, and I see things that have not yet occurred in the mists of time. I see a stoat, with fangs that are red climbing the walls of our Abbey. I see a gate opened, treachery. I see a horde pour in, led by one who is Swift! I see death in Redwall, but if it is friend or foe I do not know. Then my vision fades, I see three young ones run away, a hare, a squirrel, a fox. Then my sight is gone and I see only what lies before me."
Jetfur laughed scathingly. "All righty. Just you climb those walls."

The rat started to climb down off the ship.

Ashleg

Fangfang quailed at the sight of the eyeless Muddle and tried pulling away from Ava again, this time with success. He turned and raced towards the door, calling back to them.
"I'm sorry Father Abbot, but I can't do this anymore, 'tis either terrifying or painful an' I don't want either!"

Duncan started to go after him but stopped when Grant shot him a look that told him he should let the rat go. Grant was a bit disturbed by the result of Muddle's...accident.
"How do you know this?"
The real question he wanted to ask was "Why are you acting so crazy?", but he thought better of asking it.

LT Sandpaw

"Are you sure it will be enough?" Bracklew asked staring at the berries, wondering why Mixy had even been keeping them. Shuffling his footpaws the young squirrel flicked his ears, adrenaline lighting up his eyes at the haremaid's bloodthirsty words. It scared him, and filled him with fire making him want Rapshade dead just as much as Mixy.

"Where does you're dad keep the daggers. I'll get those, and a tinder box while you go down to the kitchens. You know where all the good stuff is."

~*~*~*~*~

"Where ye goin' Jetty mate?" Saltooth's scathing voice called down from where he was leaning on the ships railing. The steersrat's dagger was out scratching away at the railing woodwork. For having arrived in Mossflower not three days ago the rat looked worse for wear. A few large lumps covered his back from the bee attack, scratches coated his body from the frantic runs though the woodlands. One of his teeth was missing from last nights miss-assassination, and of course the cuts from his fight with Brandon.

But it wasn't just physical damage done to his body. Something had snapped behind his eyes, something that the death of his shipmate Blackclaw had driven over. Saltooth blew upon the railing sending slivers of wood into the river. Slipping the dagger back into his belt he leaned further out over the side waiting for Jetfur's answer.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro