Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Muddle was awake. He moved himself on the bed as far as he could. He was able to reach a paw over to Begskin.
"You there, stoat. Feel like escaping this wretched place an' slayin' some along the way?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Gotta post quick not gonna be active for a couple days so sorry.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
It's okay. :)
We won't do the big battle without you.

Groddil

OOC: I WILL CONTROL BEGSKIN!!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!one!

BIC:
The stoat grumbled.
"Huh? Grrr...wazat?"
Muddle edged towards Begskin as far as he could.
"What say we escape? Go back to her pirate crew?"
Begskin shook his head.
"Er, wouldn't the chief kill me for gettin' captured??
Muddle brushed off the comment.
"Become yet own Cap'n then! Master of all you survey!"
"Wot's a survey?"
"Nevermind, just try to get out of your chains somehow."
Further conversation ceased when Mortembell strode in. She trained a sword on Begskin as she unlocked the cuffs. She had unlocked three when she saw Muddle was still awake. The vixen tutted and administered some more sleeping medication to the hedgehog. She unlocked the final chain and pushed Begskin towards the Great Hall.
"Ava! Grant! Interrogation time!"

Ashleg

Grant looked up, grinding his teeth. "Interra-what? Do we do that here?" The mouse mumbled under his breath and glanced at the Dibbuns behind him.
"I'm pretty sure the vermin are gone now," he said reassuringly, nodding as he got up and headed towards the door.
"Coming, Mortembell!"

The Abbot bounded through the corridor, nearly tripping on his habit as he arrived at the Great Hall.
He panted, watching Mortembell lead Begskin in.
"I'll intervene if need be," the mouse wheezed. "Taking prisoners: fine. Interrogation, well, that's fine as well. But we are not going to kill him."

Groddil

Mortembell looked shocked.
"I never meant like that! We just ask him what he knows about Rapshade's plans. If he refuses, we lock him back in the Infirmary for a bit with no food and water. When we're done, we'll have to hold him prisoner until we deal with this pirates. We won't hurt or kill him, even if he probably deserves it!"

OOC: Can we assume that Skipper and Bracklew are following the others on the way back to Redwall?

Ashleg

OOC-
Sure. Let's just wait for Sandpaw to reply, though...The interrogation can be happening at the same time as they're having their conversation with Chrysanthe bear the ship, just so it's like time isn't really passing.
IC-
The Abbot shrugged and gazed around.
"You just seem like that type...Judging by your past interactions with Fangfang. No offense," he added quickly, coming into the room.
He pulled up a chair and nodded to Mortembell.
"Okay, begin. If I think of anything to ask him I will, and I'm assuming it's the same way with Ava."

Groddil

Mortembell shrugged and pushed the stoat into a seat. She sat opposite him, the sword idle at her side.
"Okay, stoat. First up I want the simple stuff. What's your name and what rank are ye?"
Begskin crossed his arms resolutely.
"Not tellin'!"
Mortembell lazily picked at a claw.
"Do you want us to hand you straight back to Rapshade, you ignorant oaf? I'm sure he'd be happy to get you back."
Begskin shivered.
"Er, er, Begskin marm."
"Very good. What rank are you in Rapshade's army?"
The dimwitted stoat scratched his head.
"Umm, what's a rank?"
Mortembell slapped her head.
"Position, you fool. Are you a first mate, a stearsrat, a bosun? That sort of thing."
Begskin puffed himself with pride.
"Everybeast calls me the official 'Scrubber o' th'Poop-Deck,' marm. Dunno what it means, but it sounds good!"
Mortembell turned to Ava and Grant.
"I wouldn't count on any good information comin' outta this one. You two have any questions, or should I continue?"

Ashleg

First Fang, now this?
"Looks like we always manage to come across the, uh...smartest of Rapshade's crew." Grant chuckled, shaking his head.
"...Continue, continue..."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I'm really sorry for not confirming I was going to be gone for a coupe days. It was an emergency which is settled so I "should" be around. Anyway I'm a little behind so I'm sorry if I leave anybody's characters hanging, I read over what you guys did and it looks fairly solid. Anyway here's me post.

IC:

"Raah Cap'n yer bleedin' all o'r me!" Saltooth yelled jumping away from Rapshade. "If'n th' blood be poisoned yer gonna get yon venom on meself!" He sheathed his sword glaring daggers at the surrounding vermin. He knew Rapsahde was weakened already from some sort of mysterious illness. If he was poisoned as well then Saltooth might not even have to get his paws dirty. All he had to do was lead the pirates off course and Rapsahade would eventually be overcome by his injuries.

The anger of their undignified retreat faded and a small smile filtered onto Saltooth's mouth as he touched the lucky tattoo on his cheek. "Cap'n I now th'r way back. M'n Blackclaw did it, yon ship be that'er way." He pointed a claw into the forest in a direction that would take them to the ship, however they would be slowed down by the thick forest.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bracklew opened his mouth to retaliate to One-ear however he closed it glaring at the fox before turning away. He saw no way he could win such a argument, and he didn't want to dig himself into a deeper hole. Instead he silently watched as the slaves were led off the ship by Crysathane's shrews.

"There be nearly fifty or so slaves, as well mates. Tho' them hungry an' weak. but they'll give Rapsahde a swing or two an' even the odds some." Skipper voiced before glancing at Fangfang. "Wotsit? Oh aye, Guosim be th' name Crysathane an' her tribe gives themselves. Guerilla Union O' Shrews in Mossflower see. First letter O' each name, to make Guosim. Er ye c'n spell right mate?"

Ashleg

OOC-
It's okay. Real life comes first, especially if it's an emergency. :)
I hope everything's alright...
IC-

"'Tis just blood...Deal with it, Saltooth--Yaagh!" Rapshade grimaced and tried to hold back another coughing fit but ended up having to run behind a tree to let it out.
He wiped the blood off his snout with his sleeve, which didn't do much to hide the evidence because there was clearly blood on his sleeve.
The ferret shuddered and limped back out there, elbowing Saltooth.
He pointed straight ahead of them. "I thought it was that way...O'er there. That's how we got 'ere. What're y' tryin' t' do...?"

--

Fangfang laughed and shook his head.
"Ha, nope! Don't e'en know what a 'letter' is, meself. Er, I think Cap'n 'kin write."

LT Sandpaw

"Er right mate." Skipper said raising a eyebrow at Fang. "Well now Guosim be th' name O' th' shrew tribe. See?"

~*~*~*~

"Er no Cap'n tis that'a'ways." Saltooth insisted pointing his preferred direction. "Er tell 'Im Jetty." Saltooth implored to Jetfur pointing in the direction he wanted to go winking broadly at the black furred rat. "Tha's th' way we need ter go. Aye?"